• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Use Filibuster To Block Debate On Voting Rights Bill

Actually, I did participate in a protest. That's fair. I broke no windows and didn't steal anything. I also wore a mask and kept as much distance as I could.

Stop deflecting. Be accountable.
What am supposed to e accountable for? The actions of others? OK blame me for anything if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
That’s a true statement. Democrats crave more power.

you can scroll back as easily as I can. If you refuse to do that, oh well.

So you are cowering. Again.

Dude. I want you to be better at life. If you can't even handle this forum, then you are in for a rough ride. I'm not asking much and I answer every question you have succinctly and directly.

Like I said. Maybe your best move here, for the sake of your ego if your overriding goal is to not lose an argument on a silly forum, is to just go away.

Whatever you are trying to do, it is not going well.

Not surprised at all.
Republicans realize that if we make it easier to register to vote, easier to vote, extend early voting and mail in voting they stand zero chance of ever winning another election.
Being a Republican means you will do anything to restriction and suppress the votes of the American people.
And if you are a minority Republicans not only want to suppress your vote but make it almost impossible to vote at all.

What am supposed to accountable? The actions of others?

Yourself, my friend.

Here. Let's start simple.

Why should partisan gerrymandering be protected. We make the rules. Just because that dumb shit existed before doesn't mean it needs to keep going. I am out here in CA and we are better off without it even if it hurts my liberal causes. Why do you not like that part of the For the People Act?

Once again, what was intended as a deliberative body chose not to deliberate.

And so it goes.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Yourself, my friend.

Here. Let's start simple.

Why should partisan gerrymandering be protected. We make the rules. Just because that dumb shit existed before doesn't mean it needs to keep going. I am out here in CA and we are better off without it even if it hurts my liberal causes. Why do you not like that part of the For the People Act

I’ve answered this several times. A state’s right to draw their own legislative districts should be protected. If the people of a state object, that’s their issue.

What liberal causes are obstructed in California? Your side has nearly destroyed one of once the greatest places to live. California is in shambles.

If I’m supposed to be accountable for myself, why did assign blame to capitol riot to me? I wasn't there. No one I know was there.

Not surprised at all.
Republicans realize that if we make it easier to register to vote, easier to vote, extend early voting and mail in voting they stand zero chance of ever winning another election.
Being a Republican means you will do anything to restriction and suppress the votes of the American people.
And if you are a minority Republicans not only want to suppress your vote but make it almost impossible to vote at all.
It can’t get any easier to register and vote. This idea that millions of people are shut out of the process is partisan motivated myth.

I guess it could get easier if we had soldiers and federal police going door to door on Election Day “asking” people to vote like they did in Hussein’s Iraq. Libs would love that.

My point was Congress can do it. I cited the constitution showing you specifically where it states they can. It quite demonstrably proved my point.

You are horribly confused.
Your proof is that the feds can make rules about a state’s US senate election. You are that the election of US senators has nothing to do with the creation of congressional districts, right? Those are state wide election.

heavy sigh.

Your proof is that the feds can make rules about a state’s US senate election.
and house elections

You are that the election of US senators has nothing to do with the creation of congressional districts, right?
you are aware this has nothing to do with anything I’ve ever said right?
Those are state wide election.

heavy sigh.
Well, I showed you specifically where in the constitution Congress can do it. Your inability to comprehend basic English is not my problem.

I’ve answered this several times. A state’s right to draw their own legislative districts should be protected. If the people of a state object, that’s their issue.

What liberal causes are obstructed in California? Your side has nearly destroyed one of once the greatest places to live. California is in shambles.

If I’m supposed to be accountable for myself, why did assign blame to capitol riot to me? I wasn't there. No one I know was there.

You have answered the specifically the question you want to answer in the narrowest terms you want to answer it. You are hiding from a real debate. Here is me being as honest as I can with you. Put aside all that bullshit with your ego.

Tell me why partisan gerrymandering is a good thing which should be protected by Federal law.

Do that, and at the same time ask me anything you want, and I will answer directly and honestly.

You have answered the specifically the question you want to answer in the narrowest terms. Here is me being as honest as I can with you. Put aside all that bullshit with your ego.

Tell me why partisan gerrymandering is a good thing which should be protected.

Do that, and at the same time ask me anything you want, and I will answer directly and honestly.
If I ask you a question, chances are I know what your answer will be before you post it.

I don’t make a judgement. My view is that the states have the right and the authority to draw their own congressional districts and they should maintain that right. They can use this authority to ensure one side is not overly represented or under represented. I don’t trust liberal federal lawmakers to do that. Their goal is to take more power away from the states.

As a Washingtonian, I don’t care how they do it in Iowa or Delaware. That’s their issue.

What do you want states to do? Just take a map and draw a series of vertical and horizontal lines? The less involved the federal government is, the better off we all are, even liberals.

Sheesh

Last edited:
If I ask you a question, chances are I know what your answer will be before you post it.

I don’t make a judgement. My view is that the states have the right and the authority to draw their own congressional districts and they should maintain that right. They can use this authority to ensure one side is not overly represented or under represented. I don’t trust liberal federal lawmakers to do that. Their goal is to take more power away from the states.

As a Washingtonian, I don’t care how they do it in Iowa or Delaware. That’s their issue.

What do you want states to do? Just take a map and draw a series of vertical and horizontal lines? The less involved the federal government is, the better off we all are, even liberals.

Sheesh

I read your whole post and found one question, which was stupid, but I will answer it directly and honestly, just as I promised, which is more than you seem capable of. Figure out why that is the case on your own time.

Here we go.

What do you want states to do? Just take a map and draw a series of vertical and horizontal lines?

Bi-partisan/non-partisan gerrymandering. We did it in CA under Arnie. Why do you think he was wrong? I am perfectly ok with a level playing field. Let's stop cutting the country up so we can make Austin count less or make L.A. count more or whatever. Let's let the ideas win out. My sincerest condolences to the 15k people in some town in Kentucky, but there are 10 million people in New York who kind of need laws. Hate fags or blacks all you want in a Dakota (actually, don't, that's not cool), but you shouldn't write laws for a 100 million more people than who agree with you.

Now. Debate. That is what this place is for, right?

You also never answered my question.

Why do I keep answering your questions and you never answer mine?

I read your whole post and found one question, which was stupid, but I will answer it directly and honestly, just as I promised, which is more than you seem capable of. Figure out why that is the case on your own time.

Here we go.

Bi-partisan/non-partisan gerrymandering. We did it in CA under Arnie. Why do you think he was wrong? I am perfectly ok with a level playing field. Let's stop cutting the country up so we can make Austin count less or make L.A. count more or whatever. Let's let the ideas win out. My sincerest condolences to the 15k people in some town in Kentucky, but there are 10 million people in New York who kind of need laws. Hate fags or blacks all you want in a Dakota (actually, don't, that's not cool), but you shouldn't write laws for a 100 million more people than who agree with you.

Now. Debate. That is what this place is for, right?

You also never answered my question.

Why do I keep answering your questions and you never answer mine?
Bipartisan gerrymandering? Lol. Don’t ever again call any of my comments or questions stupid.

I never claimed your former Governor was wrong. I’ve clearly said that states have the right to draw their own congressional districts. How they do it is their business, it the business of the feds.

Try another straw man argument.

Bipartisan gerrymandering? Lol. Don’t ever again call any of my comments or questions stupid.

I never claimed your former Governor was wrong. I’ve clearly said that states have the right to draw their own congressional districts. How they do it is their business, it the business of the feds.

Try another straw man argument.

Nothing Strawman about it. I am asking you why we should draw districts any other way than non-partisan..

Nothing Strawman about it. I am asking you why we should draw districts any other way than non-partisan..
You said that you want them drawn in a bipartisan manner. Bipartisan is partisan.

The only way you could do it in a non partisan way would be to just blindly draw verticle and horizontal lines on a map and number the squares as congressional districts.

Now, show me where I said your former governor was wrong? That's the strawman I was referring to.

It can’t get any easier to register and vote. This idea that millions of people are shut out of the process is partisan motivated myth.

I guess it could get easier if we had soldiers and federal police going door to door on Election Day “asking” people to vote like they did in Hussein’s Iraq. Libs would love that.
After reading several of your posts it is very evident you are one clueless troll.

As I've said before, voting is easy. Democrats want to take away protections that give the process some integrity. They want people that are not eligible to vote, to be able to vote. The last election was very suspicious, questionable, and severely lacking in security. Public confidence in elections needs to be restored.

The only thing they are trying to make easy is their ability to pull votes out of nowhere, whenever they need to. Voting already is easy, now it needs to be secure, or the next election will just be a farce. Again.

As I've said before, voting is easy. Democrats want to take away protections that give the process some integrity. They want people that are not eligible to vote, to be able to vote. The last election was very suspicious, questionable, and severely lacking in security. Public confidence in elections needs to be restored.

The only thing they are trying to make easy is their ability to pull votes out of nowhere, whenever they need to. Voting already is easy, now it needs to be secure, or the next election will just be a farce. Again.
Right. It’s not difficult to register and vote. The idea that black people are being shut out is a partisan motivated myth, but that’s trolling so…..

It’s odd how anyone would object to ensuring that the electoral process is made as secure as possible. These are the same people who our vote is sacred. I guess it’s not sacred enough to ensure it’s secure.

By the metric of reality. By the metric of fleeing the state in droves.
What is your data to back up that people are "fleeing the state in droves"? The population declined by 0.1% during a global pandemic, a third of which was due to COVID deaths. Adjusting for that, the state's population growth was entirely flat, which is fairly remarkable given the amount of people that typically move to California in a given year not being able to do so because of the lockdowns.

Right. It’s not difficult to register and vote. The idea that black people are being shut out is a partisan motivated myth, but that’s trolling so…..

It’s odd how anyone would object to ensuring that the electoral process is made as secure as possible. These are the same people who our vote is sacred. I guess it’s not sacred enough to ensure it’s secure.

It's odd how Republicans such as your self are so unable to back up anything they say with facts. Reality is that you just don't care about being right, you care about clinging to your idiotic dogma because your entire identity is built around being part of the "in" group of Trump Republican cultists. You have no ability to think through anything critically at all.

Back
Top Bottom