• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Subpoena James Comey and Loretta Lynch Over Clinton Email Case

I guess you dont remember all the attacks made on Reagan in the 80s. I do.

Were any of these attacks about his tax cuts for the rich? His tax increase on the middle class? Tripling the national debt? Selling missles to Iran? Using that money to fund terrorists (Nicaraqua had a free election but we didn’t like the result)? Savings and Loan crisis (look another financial scandal with a republican president)? Trying to make ketchup a vegetable? do any of them compare to the non stop lies from right about President Obama (detailed list available upon request)?

See trouble, like all conservatives, you only see what you want to see. For example, Susan Rice reading CIA talking points with numerous caveats that resulted in nothing but giving conservatives like you a tummy ache is “weaponized lies”. The vile and disgusting “stand down” lies that were actually “weaponized lies” to affect an election oddly doesn’t concern you. Even odder, Bush used “weaponized lies” of WMDs to invade another country, kill 3000 Americans, injure 10s of thousands, kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and destroy our standing in the world also doesn’t seem to draw your wrath either.

So Reagan raised my taxes, cut rich people’s taxes and tripled the debt. Can you imagine if a democrat did that? Holy cow, your conservative masters would have you rioting in the streets. Now you sit around whining “they were mean to Ronny”.

Were any of these attacks about his tax cuts for the rich? His tax increase on the middle class? Tripling the national debt? Selling missles to Iran? Using that money to fund terrorists (Nicaraqua had a free election but we didn’t like the result)? Savings and Loan crisis (look another financial scandal with a republican president)? Trying to make ketchup a vegetable? do any of them compare to the non stop lies from right about President Obama (detailed list available upon request)?

See trouble, like all conservatives, you only see what you want to see. For example, Susan Rice reading CIA talking points with numerous caveats that resulted in nothing but giving conservatives like you a tummy ache is “weaponized lies”. The vile and disgusting “stand down” lies that were actually “weaponized lies” to affect an election oddly doesn’t concern you. Even odder, Bush used “weaponized lies” of WMDs to invade another country, kill 3000 Americans, injure 10s of thousands, kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and destroy our standing in the world also doesn’t seem to draw your wrath either.

So Reagan raised my taxes, cut rich people’s taxes and tripled the debt. Can you imagine if a democrat did that? Holy cow, your conservative masters would have you rioting in the streets. Now you sit around whining “they were mean to Ronny”.
I'm not whining about anything. If you were following the conversation you would know that another poster is trying to convince me that Gingrich started the hostile political environment. It's not true that he started it.

It has been both parties incrementally escalating the rancor against the other. Regardless of who started it, both sides are guilty of making it worse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If Comey wiggles his way out of a closed door with the House the Senate will have a closed door for him. Graham is pushing to become the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and he is itching to see Nunes work on the investigation of the corruption of the FBI and DOJ.

If anybody is trying wriggle their way out of anything, it's the likes of Nunes and Graham who want a closed-door hearing so they can control the narrative in the press when they release their version. Comey, and everyone else, wants it out in the open so nobody gets to release 'their' version. I suspect that even if the Senate gets its way, the House will have an open-door session anyway to make sure that everyone is on the same page. So one way or another the truth comes out in the end.

The only possible reason one would want to do it all in secret at this late stage is so they can hide the facts that don't suit them. Apparently all the facts suit Comey because he has no plans to hide anything. It is laughable that lifelong lawmen, republicans and patriots such as Mueller and Comey should be public enemy number one in the eyes of the cult of personality that has surrounded this corrupt and venal excuse for a 'president'.

Get it all out there and let the chips fall where they may. It's far too important to leave up to shady characters who skulk in the bushes like Devin Nunes. Is this a nation of laws or what?

Can we address the honest issues here? from Both Sides.

1) Democrats want Comey's wishes with an Open Hearing? THATS Fine.
2) Republicans want a hearing where come will answer. In an open hearing like the LAST opening hearing he refused to answer due to the Nature of the questions. So If you cannot get answers to questions you ask. in an Open hearing whats the point?

3) Democrats Fear that the Truth will be distorted in a closed hearing
4) Republicans have a closed hearing, Video or Full transcribe with TS Clearance redaction.

Can we in the MIDDLE Accept that

1) Open hearing will be the same BS that I cannot answer X question in an opening setting. Devaluing the process and not getting to the root questions
2) Closed setting creates shroud that potentially the responses will be tailored to FIT X narrative of a specific party.

So Either have a BOTH a Open hearing, any question that is asked and rebuked as classified have it noted, then go to a close session answer it and have TS clearance release with proper redaction SO all CAN SEE the truth without having the obscurity.

Comey and Lynch BOTH need to answer for their ODD mishandling. is this NOT justice and when I say answer it does NOT mean prosecution just answer the questions? The public Deserves that.

I concur. Looks like a last-ditch attempt to 'reopen' clinton investigations, and to discredit Comey for not charging her, before the new House opens a storm of Trump inquiries, in which Comey testimony will play a part.

I give it a strong possibility that is correct. Comey insisting it be in the open for him to testify is exactly what they don't want.

So Either have a BOTH a Open hearing, any question that is asked and rebuked as classified have it noted, then go to a close session answer it and have TS clearance release with proper redaction SO all CAN SEE the truth without having the obscurity.

That could be a decent compromise: schedule an open one first to be followed by a closed hearing (or vice versa but if the closed one is first, they really must be immediately one after the other to ward off the possibility of one side hijacking the narrative).

Then they can ask all questions clearly and wherever something classified comes up Comey can say that will be (or was depending on order) addressed in the closed hearing due to the sensitivity.

That could be a decent compromise: schedule an open one first to be followed by a closed hearing (or vice versa but if the closed one is first, they really must be immediately one after the other to ward off the possibility of one side hijacking the narrative).

Then they can ask all questions clearly and wherever something classified comes up Comey can say that will be (or was depending on order) addressed in the closed hearing due to the sensitivity.

Thanks for see the middle road.

Its sad though. I know people are JUST fighting so the Comey/Lynch Testimonies either DONT happen or its one sided like an open setting and we hit the "Sorry cant answer" stage... WE all KNOW it will happen in the open setting. That is the ISSUE though. The real answer are those that supposedly they DONT want to answer in the first place and will try to use obscurity as MUCH as possible to avoid it.

WE the people deserve answer.

1) Was the Dossier the ONLY Source listed in the FISA app as ONLY "Source #1" was un redacted from the last release.
2) Why did AG lynch choose to take the findings of the FBI, if the FBI only provides the facts but does NOT come to conclusions. A prosecution comes to conclusions and that is the responsibility of the AG/DOJ.
3) What was actually discussed on the Tarmac
4) Why did Comey sign the last 2 FISA apps. What justification
5) If comey Wanted the special council, and leaked his memo's what information to justify that fact that a special council was needed that FBI could NOT bring criminal referrals to the DOJ to prosecute Trump...

The list can go on and on and on... But I guarantee you all the questions above would be "Unable to discuss due to the nature and unable to answer in an open setting" BS... that we have heard before. SO what good does ONLY an open hearing do UNLESS Comey & lynch agree to answer ALL questions PERIOD....

TBH we're talking about two different hearings: One the one hand, the GOP are still flogging the dead Clinton email horse. That's really not going to see much traction in the coming months because umm, politics - see next:

On the other hand, Dems will control the house and have the more pressing matter of how to deal with a corrupt sitting president not a forgotten also-ran. Those are the hearings everyone will be watching with bated breath because these will potentially decide the fate of the nation going forward.

TBH we're talking about two different hearings: One the one hand, the GOP are still flogging the dead Clinton email horse. That's really not going to see much traction in the coming months because umm, politics - see next:

On the other hand, Dems will control the house and have the more pressing matter of how to deal with a corrupt sitting president not a forgotten also-ran. Those are the hearings everyone will be watching with bated breath because these will potentially decide the fate of the nation going forward.

While I agree with your points completely.

1) its a last ditch effort till 2020.
2) HRC, Lynch are more of a thorn in my side. TO me I see crimes committed and dereliction of duty. While it can be seen as a dead horse. When does crimes committed actually get punished.
3) Comey was a pawn.
4) Now the shoe is on the other foot. BUT I then question if Republicans had majority, to do things with the Republican appointed DOJ/FBI at this point YET could NOT even prosecute people like Strozk and Page.... What does the Democrats plan to do when they have control. We have been on this Mueller case... When Dems get control and Mueller closes up. What if Mueller has nothing. Dems will do exactly like the Repubs.... keep pushing WITHOUT a crime being "paid for"

TRUMP is a scumbag... PERIOD... BUT I dont think he cheated to win the elections 51% of then nation just decided him better than HRC.
TRUMP is a business man with LOTS of business skeletons. BUT Doubt he made any deals with Russia.
TRUMP can be racist like ANYONE one of us in Traffic when a Souped up Civic nearly sideswipes us and a demeaning Asian assumption term comes flying out....

But You can hate TRUMP all you want (not you generic term)

But by policies that fit a specified group and that seems like 51% of the nation. He is doing what he is supposed to be doing.

All I can say now the tone has been set.... if we ever come across another Obama, well mannered hardly any skeletons and just a good representative (though he lacked policies) Would you want to see this person get crucified for things they did in the past..... un relating to the actual position that you applied for and even UN substantiated accusations and crimes?

I fear this WONT get better only WORSE and when the divide finally happens it will be THAT 95% of the nation will suffer for the 5% extremist that take it beyond politics... from BOTH sides.

I'm not whining about anything. If you were following the conversation you would know that another poster is trying to convince me that Gingrich started the hostile political environment. It's not true that he started it.

It has been both parties incrementally escalating the rancor against the other. Regardless of who started it, both sides are guilty of making it worse.

No trouble, it started with Rush Limbaugh and his copy cats along with fox news spreading hate and lies. And both sides are not making it worse because there is no equal but opposite of rush and fox. there is simply no equal but opposite of "President Obama was born in Kenya" "His BC a forgery" "He wants to kill old people" and of course the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies. A large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed those lies.

And trouble, your own posts prove me right. You are literally enraged about some CIA talking points. You ignored all the caveats and the fact that it came from the CIA and call it "weaponized lies from President Obama". But you literally have nothing to say about the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies. that's what "weaponized lies" looks like because you and yours were screaming for blood. And conservatives ignored every republican investigation because it didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. And you also ignore the "weaponized lies" from Bush that killed 3000 Americans, wounded tens of thousands and killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. Trouble, get mad at all "weaponized lies" not just the made up ones.

Well of course gingrich didn't start it. He just took it all to the next level and standardized it then weaponized it to greater efficiency.

No trouble, it started with Rush Limbaugh and his copy cats along with fox news spreading hate and lies. And both sides are not making it worse because there is no equal but opposite of rush and fox. there is simply no equal but opposite of "President Obama was born in Kenya" "His BC a forgery" "He wants to kill old people" and of course the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies. A large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed those lies.

And trouble, your own posts prove me right. You are literally enraged about some CIA talking points. You ignored all the caveats and the fact that it came from the CIA and call it "weaponized lies from President Obama". But you literally have nothing to say about the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies. that's what "weaponized lies" looks like because you and yours were screaming for blood. And conservatives ignored every republican investigation because it didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. And you also ignore the "weaponized lies" from Bush that killed 3000 Americans, wounded tens of thousands and killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. Trouble, get mad at all "weaponized lies" not just the made up ones.
Lol it not newt Gingrich but rush Limbaugh and fox news that are the boogeymen now. Got it.

You have turned stringing together strawman arguments into an art form. Have fun with that.

If anybody is trying wriggle their way out of anything, it's the likes of Nunes and Graham who want a closed-door hearing so they can control the narrative in the press when they release their version. Comey, and everyone else, wants it out in the open so nobody gets to release 'their' version. I suspect that even if the Senate gets its way, the House will have an open-door session anyway to make sure that everyone is on the same page. So one way or another the truth comes out in the end.

The only possible reason one would want to do it all in secret at this late stage is so they can hide the facts that don't suit them. Apparently all the facts suit Comey because he has no plans to hide anything. It is laughable that lifelong lawmen, republicans and patriots such as Mueller and Comey should be public enemy number one in the eyes of the cult of personality that has surrounded this corrupt and venal excuse for a 'president'.

Get it all out there and let the chips fall where they may. It's far too important to leave up to shady characters who skulk in the bushes like Devin Nunes. Is this a nation of laws or what?
I'm totally fine with the closed door being videoed and having an open session also. I'm not OK with Loretta Lynch watching Comey's testimony and "adjusting" her testimony yo match Comey's testimony. I'd rather she have to tell the whole truth. Also if you look at Comey's previous open testimony there were several questions he would not answer because of national security. Those questions still need to be answered. Comey can't do it in an open session. Comey's reasoning for not wanting to doing a closed door is shallow and self serving. Comey isn't in charge and the Senate is I doubt he will be able to avoid talking to the Senate for two years even if he is able to play out the clock on the house.

I'm totally fine with the closed door being videoed and having an open session also. I'm not OK with Loretta Lynch watching Comey's testimony and "adjusting" her testimony yo match Comey's testimony. I'd rather she have to tell the whole truth. Also if you look at Comey's previous open testimony there were several questions he would not answer because of national security. Those questions still need to be answered. Comey can't do it in an open session. Comey's reasoning for not wanting to doing a closed door is shallow and self serving. Comey isn't in charge and the Senate is I doubt he will be able to avoid talking to the Senate for two years even if he is able to play out the clock on the house.

Fact is the House and senate will be asking different questions. For the senate it'll be all about clinton and I dunno, maybe raise the ghost of benghazi again.

When the House gets him in they'll be investigating Trump. Clinton and Lynch will be a sad sideshow played out in the Senate and on Fox, so they have something else to talk about while the trump admin's criminality is exposed in the House.

Which was the intention all along.

Fact is the House and senate will be asking different questions. For the senate it'll be all about clinton and I dunno, maybe raise the ghost of benghazi again.

When the House gets him in they'll be investigating Trump. Clinton and Lynch will be a sad sideshow played out in the Senate and on Fox, so they have something else to talk about while the trump admin's criminality is exposed in the House.

Which was the intention all along.
in an open hearing each person only gets 5 min to question in a closed session they get as long as they need. I assure you the Senate will ask any thing that They think Comey has something shady to do with.

Lol it not newt Gingrich but rush Limbaugh and fox news that are the boogeymen now. Got it.

You have turned stringing together strawman arguments into an art form. Have fun with that.

trouble, see how you look for any excuse to not have an honest and intelligent discussion. MSG blamed newt. I called you out for your "wah wah dems were mean to Ronnie" post. I also called you out for your "weaponized lies" post. And I called out your "both sides do it". Cowardly cutting and running only proves me right. Why is your agenda more important than your integrity?

and fyi, when you post your "Obama lied" again, it will only prove you are a liar.

trouble, you do realize that when you have to cut and run from an intelligent and honest discussion of the facts it means you know you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom