• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republicans restoring integrity and honesty?

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Can anyone explain to me how the Republicans are fulfilling their promise to restore honor and integrity to government?
It seems to me that since the Republicans have been in power for the past 5 years there has been more dishonesty in an effort to grab more power than there has ever been in the history of this country.
Perhaps it is true that power corrupts...but the current Republican culture of corruption is the biggest hypocrasy I personally have witnessed.

First we have the voting disparities in the last two presidential elections.
Second, Scooter Libby and his clan
Third, Jack Abramoff and his republican cronies
Fourth, King George eavesdropping/illegal wiretaps
Not to mention lies about WMD, justification for invading Iraq, etc, etc, etc.

Kind of makes you wonder what else is floating around out there that they have successfully covered up.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
disneydude said:
the current Republican culture of corruption is the biggest hypocrasy I personally have witnessed.
How many years have you been witnessing this stuff?
 

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Don't want to give away my age, but let me just say that I was around during the Nixon Administration and watergate. And even as scandalous as that administration was it pales in comparison to the current administration. Its just a different time and different political climate. However, I truly believe that if the workings of the current administration occurred during that time period it would have made Watergate look like a minor infraction.
 

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
12,000
Reaction score
6,104
Location
Plano, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I personally believe that if we knew *half* the stuff going on in the world (as far as terrorism) our jaws would hit the floor and we would be giving Bush kudos instead of complaints.

He is not a president that boasts if he were not personally involved.

Ignorance is bliss.
 

Robodoon

Banned
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
426
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeport CA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
disneydude said:
Can anyone explain to me how the Republicans are fulfilling their promise to restore honor and integrity to government?
It seems to me that since the Republicans have been in power for the past 5 years there has been more dishonesty in an effort to grab more power than there has ever been in the history of this country.
Perhaps it is true that power corrupts...but the current Republican culture of corruption is the biggest hypocrasy I personally have witnessed.

First we have the voting disparities in the last two presidential elections.
Second, Scooter Libby and his clan
Third, Jack Abramoff and his republican cronies
Fourth, King George eavesdropping/illegal wiretaps
Not to mention lies about WMD, justification for invading Iraq, etc, etc, etc.

Kind of makes you wonder what else is floating around out there that they have successfully covered up.

Both sides are controlled by the powers our founding fathers warned us about.

TODAY THE REPUBLICANS ARE SOCIALISTS AND THE DEMOCRATS ARE COMMUNISTS and we get to pick between them.

There is no one in power fighting for America, we are left with a dialectic that has been set up to trick the SHEEPLE.

An EXAMPLE FROM OUR LAST ELECTION.

Bush and Kerry are Cousins, Blue Bloods, Globalists, Agenda 21 Supporters, and BONES MEN
On film from TV
http://www.infowars.com/print/Secret_societies/kerry_bush_sb.htm

Both Bush and Kerry are the same, Members of a Secret Society that pushes for WORLD GOVERNMENT...and an END TO FREE AMERICA.

ITS A DOUBLE SIDED TRICK, the Bad guys win with who ever we pick.

The Council on Foreign Relations and Project for the New American Century want the Anglo-American Establishment to control the world. The French, the Germans, and the Russians want the UN to control the world. Which group will succeed? Neither. We are witnessing an example of Hegelian dialectic, two forces aligned against one another. One is thesis, the other antithesis. The conflict will produce a synthesis; in this case, the loss of national sovereignty and the end of freedom
http://www.radioliberty.com/nlmar03.html

Bush pushes for the AAE side (America pretends to lead)
He said he went to Iraq to enforce the UN resolutions and to make the UN Charter real
Kerry pushes for the UN (the UN pretends to lead)
Kerry Quote

"I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."


The out come of either case is World government.

SKULL AND BONES IS ALSO A SISTER GROUP TO THIS ONE:

"We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest
or consent." Statement by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member James Warburg to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, l950



Prof. Quigley book Tragedy and Hope

“The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one perhaps, of the Right and the of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and the academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can “throw the rascals out” at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy… But either party in office becomes in time corrupt, tired , unenterprising, and vigorless. Then it should be possible to replace it every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.”

WE ARE BEING DOUBLE TEAMED! SET UP TO FALL!
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
disneydude said:
Can anyone explain to me how the Republicans are fulfilling their promise to restore honor and integrity to government?
It's simple: they are not fulfilling their promise.
 

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
To add to the list.... a couple I forgot:


Bill Frist
Tom Delay
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
aps said:
It's simple: they are not fulfilling their promise.
The things I was promised are being fulfilled. So now what?
 

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KCC:

What were you promised that is being fulfilled?

That Bush would stack the Supreme Court with "activist judges" to promote the wacky religious right wing agenda?

That is about the only thing that the current administration said that they would do that they have actually accomplished?

Do you have other examples? Specifically, to the topic of the post. How is the Republican Party doing in their promise to restore integrity and honesty to government?
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
disneydude said:
KCC:

What were you promised that is being fulfilled?
1. Lead the fight on terror around the world and place national security as a priority.
2. Nominate conservative supreme court judges.
3. Lower my taxes.
4. Fight AIDS.
5. Strengthen our Education system.
6. Create jobs and economic growth.
7. Fix Social Security.
8. Be and honest president and a man of charachter.

Save all of your rebuttal and criticisms. It will only come down to your opinion against mine. There are plenty of threads on each of these topics for you to use words like 'whacky'.
 

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KCC:

Isn't debate generally about one's opinions?

1. Lead the fight on terror around the world and place national security as a priority.
King George has made us more of a target today than ever before. Where once the US was respected in the world communities, we are now looked at in an entirely different light.
Also, this administrations "fight on terror" is simply a banner to create a war machine to reward its cronies.

2. Nominate conservative supreme court judges.
This is the one that I will give you. But its time to call a spade a spade, these Judges are no less "activist" than any so called "liberal" judge.

3. Lower my taxes.
You must be part of the wealthy group of Americans who benefitted from his "tax-cuts". The tax cut that I received was taken back more than two-fold in my federal filing.

4. Fight AIDS.
You're joking now, right? Bush's latest funding proposal provides a disproportionate amount to "abstinence" causes which really are just religious pulpits, not serious AIDS education. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for abstinence being taught, but not the way its being proposed.

5. Strengthen our Education system.[
Another joke, right? You honestly can't be talking about "No child left behind", which even a majority of Republicans now say is a complete failure.

/I]6. Create jobs and economic growth.
By driving this country into a recession that we are now only showing slight signs of recovery. Bush constantly tries to trumpet that the state of the economy is strong. This is an examply of the current administration's belief that if you say things enough times maybe someone will start to believe you. Although unemployment levels have dropped the average paying job in the United States today is well under what it was even 10 years ago. Corporate interests (who Bush protects) are shipping out good paying jobs at the expense of lower paying service industry jobs. Americans today are working harder and harder to make less and less.

7. Fix Social Security.
This doesn't even warrant a response. Ask seniors today if they are benefitting from this administration.

8. Be and honest president and a man of charachter.

OK, now I know that your entire post was tongue in cheek. An honest president who lies to the country about WMD to justify an attack on a country who was no threat to us, while diverting resources away from the real threat. An honest president who constantly tries to mislead the American people with his attempts to link 9/11 to Iraq, playing off of people's emotions. An honest president who engaged in domestic eavesdropping/wiretapping and got caught (ala "I am not a crook" - Nixon).

If thats whats meant by restoring honesty and integrity than this is the best Republican spin I have heard yet.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
disneydude said:
KCC:

Isn't debate generally about one's opinions?

1. Lead the fight on terror around the world and place national security as a priority.
King George has made us more of a target today than ever before. Where once the US was respected in the world communities, we are now looked at in an entirely different light.
Also, this administrations "fight on terror" is simply a banner to create a war machine to reward its cronies.

2. Nominate conservative supreme court judges.
This is the one that I will give you. But its time to call a spade a spade, these Judges are no less "activist" than any so called "liberal" judge.

3. Lower my taxes.
You must be part of the wealthy group of Americans who benefitted from his "tax-cuts". The tax cut that I received was taken back more than two-fold in my federal filing.

4. Fight AIDS.
You're joking now, right? Bush's latest funding proposal provides a disproportionate amount to "abstinence" causes which really are just religious pulpits, not serious AIDS education. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for abstinence being taught, but not the way its being proposed.

5. Strengthen our Education system.[
Another joke, right? You honestly can't be talking about "No child left behind", which even a majority of Republicans now say is a complete failure.

/I]6. Create jobs and economic growth.
By driving this country into a recession that we are now only showing slight signs of recovery. Bush constantly tries to trumpet that the state of the economy is strong. This is an examply of the current administration's belief that if you say things enough times maybe someone will start to believe you. Although unemployment levels have dropped the average paying job in the United States today is well under what it was even 10 years ago. Corporate interests (who Bush protects) are shipping out good paying jobs at the expense of lower paying service industry jobs. Americans today are working harder and harder to make less and less.

7. Fix Social Security.
This doesn't even warrant a response. Ask seniors today if they are benefitting from this administration.

8. Be and honest president and a man of charachter.

OK, now I know that your entire post was tongue in cheek. An honest president who lies to the country about WMD to justify an attack on a country who was no threat to us, while diverting resources away from the real threat. An honest president who constantly tries to mislead the American people with his attempts to link 9/11 to Iraq, playing off of people's emotions. An honest president who engaged in domestic eavesdropping/wiretapping and got caught (ala "I am not a crook" - Nixon).

If thats whats meant by restoring honesty and integrity than this is the best Republican spin I have heard yet.


I made no jokes and said nothing in cheek. I was completely serious. These are the reasons I and millions of other Americans helped to elect and re-elect President Bush. I know you're passionate about these things and your anger and jealousy is very apparant. That's great. For each of these topics, may I suggest one of the many threads that are devoted to each one? There are plenty of terror threads where you can call the president "King" and use buzz words and phrases like "war machine" and "cronies". There are Economy threads and Tax threads and education threads and supreme court threads. And there are a plethora of threads on WMD and domestic survellience where you can call Bush a liar and crook. Something tells me you'll even find some folks that share your opinions. Knock yourself out. In the meatime, I answered your initial question about fulfilled promises. Mine are either fulfilled or are being fulfilled. It's worked out great for me. Sorry man. I know it sucks to be on the other side. I've been there.
 
Last edited:

t125eagle

Active member
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Messages
384
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
maybe because the democrats are on a witch hunt? maybe by people admitting their wrong doings, they have become honest, not in the wrong acts but in admitting them. it seems to me that ever since bush took office, democrats have been complaining about EVERYTHING that has been done, or not done, even when they themselves did it. wiretapping in nothing new. all you need is for the atterney general and maybe a judge to say its ok. it was done during the kennedy administration. martin luther king was even tapped, so dont say wiretapping is something new, cause its not. democrats are just making a big stink out of it because for one, they are sore losers and want to take back the presidency and they only way they can do that is to make the republicans look as bad as possible.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
t125eagle said:
maybe because the democrats are on a witch hunt? maybe by people admitting their wrong doings, they have become honest, not in the wrong acts but in admitting them. it seems to me that ever since bush took office, democrats have been complaining about EVERYTHING that has been done, or not done, even when they themselves did it. wiretapping in nothing new. all you need is for the atterney general and maybe a judge to say its ok. it was done during the kennedy administration. martin luther king was even tapped, so dont say wiretapping is something new, cause its not. democrats are just making a big stink out of it because for one, they are sore losers and want to take back the presidency and they only way they can do that is to make the republicans look as bad as possible.
see my signature.
 

t125eagle

Active member
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Messages
384
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
lol. i agree. but i tend to get my left and right confused! LOL
 

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KCC:

Just to continue the debate.....don't think that this is in anyway a personal attack....I do understand and respect your views (I just don't share them).

I do, however, enjoy a good debate.

Answer me this:

Don't you think its just a little dishonest of Bush to get on his high horse about "activist judges" when that is exactly the type of judges he has sought for the Supreme and Appellate courts?
If Bush is so honest and has so much integrity as you seem to believe, why not just come out and say that he wants to promote "activist judges" to promote a right-wing agenda rather than simple placing that label on "liberal" judges?

Seems a little hypocritical to me and hypocrasy and integrity generally do not go hand in hand.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
disneydude said:
If Bush is so honest and has so much integrity as you seem to believe, why not just come out and say that he wants to promote "activist judges" to promote a right-wing agenda rather than simple placing that label on "liberal" judges?

Seems a little hypocritical to me and hypocrasy and integrity generally do not go hand in hand.
Before you start throwing words like hypocracy and integrity around, would you please provide the link that shows me placing this label on someone, as you say I've done? I don't seem to recall it.
 

disneydude

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
25,528
Reaction score
8,470
Location
Los Angeles
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Dude: Lighten up. I think you misinterpreted both the content and tone of my message. I never meant to infer that hypocrasy/lack of integrity applied to you. My argument was that they apply to our current "leader".
 
Top Bottom