• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Push Trump Immigration Plan, Seeking to Corner Democrats on Shutdown

And the House of Rep is controlled by the Dems.

And the Dems are willing to negotiate once the hostages are released.

If the Dems give into Trumps tantrum, it will only embolden him to take more hostages in the future.

as long as you are going to be dishonest there is no point to the discussion.
the only people that took hostages were democrats when they shut the government down.

you are blaming the wrong party for the so called non-existent hostages.
again with your level of dishonesty we can't continue this discussion have a nice day.

the only people that took hostages were democrats when they shut the government down.

again with your level of dishonesty we can't continue this discussion have a nice day.
Dude, Trump emphatically stated that he was responsible for the shutdown. What don't you understand about that?

The Democrats didn't shut the government down. Trump did, and he is on camera saying he takes responsibility for it.

Talk about being dishonest.

The Democrats didn't shut the government down. Trump did, and he is on camera saying he takes responsibility for it.

again you don't seem to understand facts.
then again not surprised.

last session the house republican passed a bill that would have kept government running.
schumer and senate democrats filibustered the bill.

government shut down and they refuse to pass any bills that would get signed by the president.
they refuse to negotiate in anyway. so yes they are 100% responsible for the shut down.

those are called facts tres i suggest that you actually update your knowledge on the topic because
you once again prove that you don't know what you are talking about.

mean while they party on beaches with lobbyist and want to fly around europe on tax payer dime instead of doing their
job and passing a bill that will be signed by the president.

so there is no dishonesty here just facts.

but this is coming from someone that doesn't know what a filibuster is or
what budget reconciliation is so you really have no place in calling someone else dishonest when
you don't know how government operates.

So what? We are beyond silly statements mugging for the cameras in the oval...Now it's time to negotiate, and if you have one side proposing different offers, and the other side crossing their arms, and stomping their feet, say no to everything, then the blame becomes the party refusing to solve this, that's the Democrats...And, don't give me the "well Trump has to give first" ... NO! Democrats have proven since Reagan, that they don't negotiate in good faith. So, any deal for DACA, OR TPS, must have in there that appropriations in the deal are approved first.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

So what? We are beyond silly statements mugging for the cameras in the oval...Now it's time to negotiate, and if you have one side proposing different offers, and the other side crossing their arms, and stomping their feet, say no to everything, then the blame becomes the party refusing to solve this, that's the Democrats...And, don't give me the "well Trump has to give first" ... NO! Democrats have proven since Reagan, that they don't negotiate in good faith. So, any deal for DACA, OR TPS, must have in there that appropriations in the deal are approved first.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk
And the negotiations can continue in earnest once the shut down is over and the workers are back to work and/or being paid. To do differently will encourage Trump to pull this stunt again.

And you know this...how?
Oh I see...you're just making moronic sound-bytes again.
Impressive...:roll:

Because basically Trump's immigration policy boils to only white Christians need apply. It's really not even about the wall. When it comes right down to it 'the wall' is just a symbol. But an important one to Trump and the alt right. The goal of Trump, and his white nationalist alt right cohorts, Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, Ann Coulter and etc., is to keep America 'pure' by preserving white dominance. Trump got elected by exploiting white angst by fanning the fears of white christian males into believing that they were was losing their favored place at the head of the table. He made immigrants the scapegoats for their perceived decline. He has turned immigrants into "other". 'They're' ones that holding us back from getting ahead. 'They're" the ones responsible for all the ills that beset our government society and quality of life. Much like Hitler did with the Jews.

Because basically Trump's immigration policy boils to only white Christians need apply. It's really not even about the wall. When it comes right down to it 'the wall' is just a symbol. But an important one to Trump and the alt right. The goal of Trump, and his white nationalist alt right cohorts, Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, Ann Coulter and etc., is to keep America 'pure' by preserving white dominance. Trump got elected by exploiting white angst by fanning the fears of white christian males into believing that they were was losing their favored place at the head of the table. He made immigrants the scapegoats for their perceived decline. He has turned immigrants into "other". 'They're' ones that holding us back from getting ahead. 'They're" the ones responsible for all the ills that beset our government society and quality of life. Much like Hitler did with the Jews.

Absolute horse kaka...and a lie. In fact...several lies.

Congress was never going to get off their A**** and do their job as long as the DACA kids were protected by an EO. They didn't even do it when the Dems controlled the House, Senate, and White House. Trump was just trying to light a fire under Congress' A**.

Oh congress isn't blameless in this, I'd just rather it had been done another way.

he offered temporarly protection for the people in DACA. if she wants more time say 5 years then let her ask for 5 years.
or even 10 years. but she refuses.

trump offered them stuff they have voted for and supported not just a few years ago.
so yes he did.
It's still little, in the context of things. Permanent DACA, or some heathcare help or Mueller protection would go a long way here.

It's still little, in the context of things. Permanent DACA, or some heathcare help or Mueller protection would go a long way here.

mueller doesn't need protection his investigation is over. permanent daca is not a solution and only creates more issues.

mueller doesn't need protection his investigation is over. permanent daca is not a solution and only creates more issues.
I fully disagree with both statements.

Regardless, I'm telling you what would be things for Trump to give the Dems that they value, rather than the zilch he offered.

I fully disagree with both statements.

Regardless, I'm telling you what would be things for Trump to give the Dems that they value, rather than the zilch he offered.

You can disagree all you want that won't change facts.

He offered them everything that they have wanted before. so why now is it not good enough?

Back
Top Bottom