• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republicans on the Run

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Strategists from both political parties, and that means the GOP too, say that, if the election were held today, the Republican Party would lose the House. Newt Gingrich himself sums it up best:

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, who masterminded the 1994 elections that brought Republicans to power on promises of revolutionizing the way Washington is run, told Time that his party has so bungled the job of governing that the best campaign slogan for Democrats today could be boiled down to just two words: "Had enough?"

This is a warning to the GOP. The handwriting is on the wall, and you had better read it. The American people are not looking for more of the same, but real leadership, which has been sorely lacking in the Republican Party. If you keep sticking your head in the sand, while continuing to say that everything is hunky dory, you yourself will become what you keep calling the Democrats.... Irrelevant.

danarhea said:
This is a warning to the GOP. The handwriting is on the wall, and you had better read it. The American people are not looking for more of the same, but real leadership, which has been sorely lacking in the Republican Party.

And the REAL leadership in the Democrat party has been evidenced by.......

Neither party has an agenda.

danarhea said:
This is a warning to the GOP.
Hear ye, hear ye, dana has warned the GOP. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled program.

KCConservative said:
Hear ye, hear ye, dana has warned the GOP. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled program.
Actually, the warning came from that Liberal of Liberals..........Newt Gingrich. Jeez. Do you have something to say, or will you continue to keep making the same kind of assinine remarks you have been making for the last few weeks.

:roll: Sheesh.

danarhea said:
Actually, the warning came from that Liberal of Liberals..........Newt Gingrich. Jeez. Do you have something to say, or will you continue to keep making the same kind of assinine remarks you have been making for the last few weeks.

:roll: Sheesh.
Is that anyway to talk after all I did for you?

KCConservative said:
Is that anyway to talk after all I did for you?

So, what do you think of Newt Gingrich's statement?

danarhea said:
So, what do you think of Newt Gingrich's statement?
His statement consisted of two words. There's no thread here. But if you are really interested in this, which I doubt, I would say that I too have "had enough." I don't think I'll vote for Bush ever again.

KCConservative said:
His statement consisted of two words. There's no thread here. But if you are really interested in this, which I doubt, I would say that I too have "had enough." I don't think I'll vote for Bush ever again.

Since he is not running again, of course..............

However, that is not the point. The point is that Republicans had better shape up because, if the elections were held today, they would lose the House. That is not only being said by the Democrats, but by GOP strategists as well, including Gingrich. So lets get back to context. Once agian, what do you think of Gingrich's statement?

danarhea said:
Since he is not running again, of course..............

However, that is not the point. The point is that Republicans had better shape up because, if the elections were held today, they would lose the House. That is not only being said by the Democrats, but by GOP strategists as well, including Gingrich. So lets get back to context. Once agian, what do you think of Gingrich's statement?

If the elections were held today, you have no idea who would win and who would lose and neither do I.

Okay, his statement was "had enough" I think it's a clever statement. Worthy of a bumper sticker.

KCConservative said:
If the elections were held today, you have no idea who would win and who would lose and neither do I.

Okay, his statement was "had enough" I think it's a clever statement. Worthy of a bumper sticker.

The top Rebublican strategists already do have an idea, and that is the subject of this thread. Any statment to that?

danarhea said:
The top Rebublican strategists already do have an idea, and that is the subject of this thread. Any statment to that?
We know what Newt had to say, at least the two words he gave. I can't speak for other strategists because you didn't link any of your sources, either the their opinions or even this remark by Newt.

KCConservative said:
We know what Newt had to say, at least the two words he gave. I can't speak for other strategists because you didn't link any of your sources, either the their opinions or even this remark by Newt.

OK. Fair enough. I forgot the link. Here it is.

Now about that statement by Newt Gingrich....

danarhea said:
OK. Fair enough. I forgot the link. Here it is.

Now about that statement by Newt Gingrich....

Thanks for the link. I had hoped it would say who the "top strategists" were, but the article doesn't say. As for Newt's comment, I don't know what else can be said about it. There is nothing to go on. He said "had enough." Hardly anything that can be analyzed.

KCConservative said:
Thanks for the link. I had hoped it would say who the "top strategists" were, but the article doesn't say. As for Newt's comment, I don't know what else can be said about it. There is nothing to go on. He said "had enough." Hardly anything that can be analyzed.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know what the statement by Gingrich meant.

danarhea said:
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know what the statement by Gingrich meant.

In an attempt to actually debate your initial point...

I think that the words of Gingrich have to be considered with 2008 in light. If Newt wants to get elected in 2008 (which he does), he needs to be seen as the hero saving the party. It would work to his benefit for dems to win in 2006, creating a chance for him to come up with a "New Contract for America." So of course he's going to be jumping on the "things are looking bad" bandwagon. Same story for the "top gop strategists"

RightatNYU said:
In an attempt to actually debate your initial point...

I think that the words of Gingrich have to be considered with 2008 in light. If Newt wants to get elected in 2008 (which he does), he needs to be seen as the hero saving the party. It would work to his benefit for dems to win in 2006, creating a chance for him to come up with a "New Contract for America." So of course he's going to be jumping on the "things are looking bad" bandwagon. Same story for the "top gop strategists"

Thank you, thank you.

Gingrich does look for 2008 for one reason. He is a real Conservative, not a donkey in an elephant suit. He brought us the Contract With America, which Republicans today have thrown into the sewer. This is the reason the GOP stands to lose the House, and maybe the Senate too, if they dont change their ways. The fact that Neocons have much less of a say in the Bush administraton than they once had is a good start, but it is only a start. As I said earlier, the handwriting is on the wall. If Republicans choose to read it and heed it, there might be hope. Otherwise, its goodbye House come November.

danarhea said:
Thank you, thank you.

Gingrich does look for 2008 for one reason. He is a real Conservative, not a donkey in an elephant suit. He brought us the Contract With America, which Republicans today have thrown into the sewer. This is the reason the GOP stands to lose the House, and maybe the Senate too, if they dont change their ways. The fact that Neocons have much less of a say in the Bush administraton than they once had is a good start, but it is only a start. As I said earlier, the handwriting is on the wall. If Republicans choose to read it and heed it, there might be hope. Otherwise, its goodbye House come November.

No matter what he is, I don't think that the average Republican voter would take kindly to his backhanded attempts to sink the Republicans this fall, or at least scare the voters, solely to boost his own campaign...

Back
Top Bottom