• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans may block Trump from another shutdown

It was Lott who blocked Clinton’s judicial appointments his last two years. Then, Daschle returned the favor until McConnell threatened the nuclear option in 2005. Isn’t historical revision grand? Gingrich gets his fair share of the blame, along with RW hate radio. Hillary getting involved in health care set the stage for 1994.

Some would say the cultural wars started with Nixon’s Southern Strategy. Others would blame that on the CRA. You and I have been able to see all of this division since the 1968 Chicago convention, though I’d say the USA has never really known a time in our history when we weren’t at each other’s throats, except when we were at war. Even then, we’ve been divided.

The Baby Boomers and older are handing the younger generations far too many deep, systemic problems. As for the next two years, each day will be will be like free fall without a parachute.

You mean Reid, not Daschle. 2004 was Daschle's last year. Reid replaced him.

You mean Reid, not Daschle. 2004 was Daschle's last year. Reid replaced him.

Yes — I’m a little rusty on my historical revision. Daschle lost to Thune in 2004, with GOP Sen. Frist becoming the only Majority Leader to ever campaign against a Minority Leader in his own state. McConnell continues to get a pass for setting all-time filibuster records during 92 of Obama’s 96 months.

So Republicans jumped on & voted for that Democratic issue? Is that your claim?

What are "demands 2-5?" You did make it at least plural. And in your hyperbolic hysteria, made it sound like much more than 2.

Republicans have been trying to defund Planned parenthood for years, but there are just too many bloody baby killing butchers in the democrat party and even some morons in the republican party who do not want the butchery stopped. For that reason, righteousness cannot be restored to this nation by stopping the ungodly bloody murder of the unborn.

Republicans have been trying to defund Planned parenthood for years, but there are just too many bloody baby killing butchers in the democrat party and even some morons in the republican party who do not want the butchery stopped. For that reason, righteousness cannot be restored to this nation by stopping the ungodly bloody murder of the unborn.

^^^ Not remotely a response to this:

The reason republicans have a hard time getting good things done in Congress is that too many of them cave in to illogical, unreasonable, unethical, unyielding, corrupt democrat demands.

What are "demands 2-??" You did make it at least plural. And in your hyperbolic hysteria, made it sound like much more than 2.​

Care to return to earth and try again? Your PP fantasy was one...what others?

^^^ Not remotely a response to this:

What are "demands 2-??" You did make it at least plural. And in your hyperbolic hysteria, made it sound like much more than 2.​

Care to return to earth and try again? Your PP fantasy was one...what others?

Republicans ran campaigns on promises to defund PP, but some did not do what they said. The capitulated to their democrat pals in the Congress. Democrats never stood for stopping the funding of the big democrat-donating branch of the bloody democrat abortionist party.

The reason republicans have a hard time getting good things done in Congress is that too many of them cave in to illogical, unreasonable, unethical, unyielding, corrupt democrat demands.

Hahahahaha!

You really need to back up this ridiculous statement with facts. I have not seen any republicans caving in on any demands from Democrats. In fact, the reason Republicans have a hard time getting things done in Congress is that what they are trying to do is not only unreasonable, unethical, unyielding and corrupt demands from Trump. Separating children from their parents? Putin did not hack our elections? shut the government down and hurt innocent people through ransom to get his way? Mexicans will pay for the wall and now we have to? Talk to Putin without any record or others around him? say that Isis is defeated against what his military people say? etc, etc, etc.

I think you are the perfect example of why Republicans can't get anything done, its all unreasonable and the one or two Republican people in Congress that are reasonable, plus all the Democrats that are, makes it impossible for anything to be done.

Last edited:
Trump and McConnell effectively **** all over the GOP with this shutdown and it was shown to be a big waste of time and money. If the GOP don't take their party back, many of them will be lose their re-election. There are more seats for the senate to lose this coming election and it is a presidential election coming up which means higher turn out rates.

And believe this, the Dems will show up in 2020.

You mean illogical, unreasonable, unethical, unyielding and corrupt demands from Trump that Mexico would pay for the wall? A phrase that he still utters.

You do realize there are other solutions BESIDES just a wall right? There is only ONE reason Trump wants the wall and that is because he was caught in a lie. This wall is PURELY political and not about border security.

There are other solutions besides a wall? Ok explain why none of your other solutions have ever worked in the last 40 frickn years!

Yes — I’m a little rusty on my historical revision. Daschle lost to Thune in 2004, with GOP Sen. Frist becoming the only Majority Leader to ever campaign against a Minority Leader in his own state. McConnell continues to get a pass for setting all-time filibuster records during 92 of Obama’s 96 months.

We'll see what happens with this divided government. Even with the GOP in control of both chambers the last two years, I can think of only one legislative victory for Trump, his tax cuts. That, most Americans opposed, still do. I haven't kept track of records of filibusters. I'm not sure if it means much. Usually senate leaders in the past, pre-McConnell and Reid, could work things out expect on the hottest of issues.

On McConnell, he was the minority leaders for six years under Obama. Lot's of chances to filibuster in six years for the pigged headed party loyalist. Schumer has had only two under Trump. Daschle had two years under G.W. as minority leader, Dole two years under Bill Clinton. McConnell had a lot more chances.

Maybe it is the passage of time and frustration with the way things are today that let's me look back on pre-McConnell and Reid senate leaders fondly. I think over the last 10-15 years loyalty to party and for the good of the party has increased to such an extent that I think neither party in Washington these days give a darn about the country. Only their political party.

AS the presidential approval polls showed, Trump still has a hard core 35-37% support.

That's an interesting thought, though...I wonder how many of those people are simply stuck in partisan Hell, can't back down, but would welcome a new GOP option to vote for... I could be giving too much credit here, but there has to be a number among them saying WTF about now, for any number of reasons. I think the next election will be even more interesting than the last one.

Hahahahaha!

You really need to back up this ridiculous statement with facts. I have not seen any republicans caving in on any demands from Democrats. In fact, the reason Republicans have a hard time getting things done in Congress is that what they are trying to do is not only unreasonable, unethical, unyielding and corrupt demands from Trump. Separating children from their parents?

Leftist morons think border control officers should allow people to cross into America and then be vetted and then apply for asylum and then be cared for at government expense. Some of these illegals are bringing children with them who are not their kids. Some bring in kids as captives to be kept captive once they have been released from overcrowded detention facilities. Kids need to be interviewed alone for their own safety. Illegals should not be allowed to set foot on American soil if they have kids that must be separated from them for a period of time once they step over the border.

Thank God we do not have leftist liberal morons running our border security agency the way leftist morons run the mainstream propagandist press.

Putin did not hack our elections?

Liars and deceivers have made that claim, but if there is any irrefutable evidence it is being kept secret by deliberate leftist democrat design.

shut the government down and hurt innocent people through ransom to get his way?

Democrats lacked the political muscle to force their agenda on the Senate so they held fast their stupid obstruction of border security enhancement and blamed Trump for Congress' failure to reach bipartisan agreement to fund the government.

Mexicans will pay for the wall and now we have to?

Trump was wrong to promise Americans Mexico would pay for the wall. But he was right to tap into widespread American support for building a wall.

Talk to Putin without any record or others around him?

Leftist democrats had no problem with Obama talking with Russian leaders in typical foreign affair discussions, but they hate the fact that now it is Trump instead of Hillary who may be making secret deals with the Russians.

say that Isis is defeated against what his military people say? etc, etc, etc.

Obama also said ISIS had been defeated so when the Benghazi attack happened he had to commission his people to say it was an American video which sparked the fight and not Muslim terrorists.

I think you are the perfect example of why Republicans can't get anything done, its all unreasonable and the one or two Republican people in Congress that are reasonable, plus all the Democrats that are, makes it impossible for anything to be done.

Leftist morons think border control officers should allow people to cross into America and then be vetted and then apply for asylum and then be cared for at government expense. Some of these illegals are bringing children with them who are not their kids. Some bring in kids as captives to be kept captive once they have been released from overcrowded detention facilities. Kids need to be interviewed alone for their own safety. Illegals should not be allowed to set foot on American soil if they have kids that must be separated from them for a period of time once they step over the border.

Thank God we do not have leftist liberal morons running our border security agency the way leftist morons run the mainstream propagandist press.

Liars and deceivers have made that claim, but if there is any irrefutable evidence it is being kept secret by deliberate leftist democrat design.

Democrats lacked the political muscle to force their agenda on the Senate so they held fast their stupid obstruction of border security enhancement and blamed Trump for Congress' failure to reach bipartisan agreement to fund the government.

Trump was wrong to promise Americans Mexico would pay for the wall. But he was right to tap into widespread American support for building a wall.

Leftist democrats had no problem with Obama talking with Russian leaders in typical foreign affair discussions, but they hate the fact that now it is Trump instead of Hillary who may be making secret deals with the Russians.

Obama also said ISIS had been defeated so when the Benghazi attack happened he had to commission his people to say it was an American video which sparked the fight and not Muslim terrorists.

Okay, enough is enough. You are truly out in right field and evidently facts are of any meaning to you.

Good-bye

That's an interesting thought, though...I wonder how many of those people are simply stuck in partisan Hell, can't back down, but would welcome a new GOP option to vote for... I could be giving too much credit here, but there has to be a number among them saying WTF about now, for any number of reasons. I think the next election will be even more interesting than the last one.

Even if they do not abandon him, they do him no good if they stay home on Election Day

Republicans ran campaigns on promises to defund PP, but some did not do what they said. The capitulated to their democrat pals in the Congress. Democrats never stood for stopping the funding of the big democrat-donating branch of the bloody democrat abortionist party.

So, still not remotely a response listing examples of things Republicans were so 'foolish' as to go along with Dems on.

You're latched onto one thing in an effort to distract from the fact you made up your hysterical hyperbole.

Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom