• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

LOL. Now it's the debt issue? LOL. Once upon a time there was a Senator from Illinois that twice voted not to raise the debt limit. His name is Obama.

Lets also not forget Sen Cruz sided with the majority of Americans who have never wanted Obamadon'tcare to become law. A President by the name of Obama went against and is still against the wishes of the American people.

and what about the american people who want health care reform and want obamacare?

That's one thing that I do like about Cruz. He is helping the Democrats destroy the Republican party!

and Scott Walker is toast in the recall election.

right disney dude. he is toast! your words after all.

The OP link is a typical response for one of the "Alphabet News Networks."

Its good to see more people in the U.S. "get it" than don't. Perhaps this is an indication the tide is turning in the U.S. against conservative extremism.

Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game - ABC News

At this point I'm pretty puzzled. You really have to question the logic behind the GOP's behavior. They're taking damage all for nothing. What could they possibly get out of this? The only positive I see so far is they have riled up their ever shrinking base of extremists, everyone else is shaking their head. Obama can't negotiate anything or else he'd be legitimizing the GOP's hostage tactics, it would be a terrible blunder.

The only possible outcome I see is for Boehner to throw in the towel and for the GOP to walk away in shame. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. I fear something nasty and unexpected is going to happen.

You Progressives are really promoting the greatness of America, aren't you; 17 trillion in debt, check; 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, check; stagnant economic growth, check; record numbers dependent on progressives for implementation of social programs, check. Yes, isn't liberalism great, grow your power base by creating more dependence and spending more money?

Now it is create another entitlement program that will create more dependence and thus permanent power for progressives. Great political tactic that assures we keep marching towards those successful economic policies of Europe that created the economic strength of countries like Greece and Portugal.

Then liberals love to point to Congressional approval ratings which is nothing more than a diversion from the fact that Congressional approval ratings are irrelevant. Congressional offices are held by people who are elected by local citizens not the national electorate. The people of NY, California, Illinois can overwhelming blame Congressional failures and make the poll numbers look good but so what? they have no input on the Representatives in other Districts around the country. Then of course that allows them to divert from the Obama poll numbers today which AP puts at 37%

Sell it in your state and stop trying to spread liberal misery equally around the nation

Have your precious GOP win elections then if they don't like it.

No one blames the media. But actually, you might try blaming him for what he's actually responsible for. Too often republicans leap into crazyville.

Hear the Libbos tell it, he isn't responsible for anything negative.

Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

I'm curious.

How is it that republicans lose ground, when most of the people realize this shutdown isn't causing any serious problems? The democrats are proving, once again, they are the party of doom and gloom.

The longer the shutdown remains in effect with the democrats crying doom and gloom... the more republicans that will be elected in 2014.

I'm curious.

How is it that republicans lose ground, when most of the people realize this shutdown isn't causing any serious problems? The democrats are proving, once again, they are the party of doom and gloom.

The longer the shutdown remains in effect with the democrats crying doom and gloom... the more republicans that will be elected in 2014.

Yeah, I think politicos of all stripes are eager to end the shutdown before the public sees that the sky hasn't fallen.

The GOP retained control of the "Peoples' House" and are doing what they were sent to do, defund it. Works for me and for more and more Americans who are learning the costs associated with Obamacare and the reality that no govt. program ever improves costs, quality, and service

Conservatives won big in 2010, put over 600 state and national Liberal politicians out of office.

The response of your precious messiah was to order the IRS to suppress the Conservative vote by refusing to provide status to 500 Tea Party organizations. That is why the 2012 electorate that put your silly president back in office was an entirely different electorate than what we saw in 2010.

Any time Liberal ideas are put to a national referendum, Liberals lose. That is why you must depend upon insults, ridicule and personal destruction. And now, of course, voter suppression and voter fraud.

Conservatives won big in 2010, put over 600 state and national politicians out of office. The response of your precious messiah was to order the IRS to suppress the Conservative vote by refusing to provide status to 500 Tea Party organizations. That is why the 2012 electorate that put your silly president back in office was an entirely different electorate than what we saw in 2010.

Any time Liberal ideas are put to a national referendum, Liberals lose. That is why you must depend upon insults, ridicule and personal destruction. And now, of course, voter suppression and voter fraud.

Your idiotic rhetoric strikes again. Here's a little hint for you, I didn't vote for Obama in the last election. Go pound sand with your rhetoric elsewhere Ray Ray. Just because I criticize the GOP, doesn't mean I support the Dems.

LOL, yeah the IRS caused Obama to get re-elected :roll: Oh Ray Ray you just prove me point about some conservatives being clueless wonders.

The GOP retained control of the "Peoples' House" and are doing what they were sent to do, defund it. Works for me and for more and more Americans who are learning the costs associated with Obamacare and the reality that no govt. program ever improves costs, quality, and service

And the Dems retained control of the senate and are doing what THEIR consituents want as well. Don't like it? Tough, the right is being a bunch of spoiled babies. You included.

And the Dems retained control of the senate and are doing what THEIR consituents want as well. Don't like it? Tough, the right is being a bunch of spoiled babies. You included.

Your posts sound so upset that they're dissolving into Barney franklike spitting and sputtering personal insults.

The only thing angrier than a Loon that has just lost an election is a Loon that has just won an election.

Last edited:
I'm curious.

the longer the government is shut down, more stories like these will appear

Govt health and safety efforts slowed or halted - Yahoo Finance

which means who will make sure the food is determined to be safe to eat

Salmonella-tainted chicken prompts health alert - CBS News

and who will stop diseases long thought eradicated from reappearing?

U.S. measles cases in 2013 may be most in 17 years - CNN.com

Problem is you don't seem to understand the difference between the House and the Senate. Let me educate you 435 House Seats and 100 Senate seats, You see, Our Founders figured it out, maybe one day you will as well.

the longer the government is shut down, more stories like these will appear

Govt health and safety efforts slowed or halted - Yahoo Finance

which means who will make sure the food is determined to be safe to eat

Salmonella-tainted chicken prompts health alert - CBS News

and who will stop diseases long thought eradicated from reappearing?

U.S. measles cases in 2013 may be most in 17 years - CNN.com

Any idea what state agencies responsible for these issues does?

Your posts sound so upset that they're dissolving into personal insults.

The only thing angrier than a Loon that has lost is a Liberal that has won.

More lies from you, show (with posts) my positions that make me a liberal. Your lies have no backing. Some other posters tried to claim the same thing and dodged, then ran off like little bitches. I think you will do the same or you will just dodge.

Sorry, but your worthless rhetoric is just that, worthless.

Problem is you don't seem to understand the difference between the House and the Senate. Let me educate you 435 House Seats and 100 Senate seats, You see, Our Founders figured it out, maybe one day you will as well.

/yawn, So when the Dems controlled the House, you're saying that all their bills should have been rubber stamped by the GOP Senate? Yeah right.

/yawn, So when the Dems controlled the House, you're saying that all their bills should have been rubber stamped by the GOP Senate? Yeah right.

Nope, but bills didn't sit in the Senate Majority Leader's desk when the Republicans Controlled the Senate but not the House. Negotiation with a liberal is giving them what they want and if you don't extreme pain and suffering will be allowed to happen.

sometimes there are things too big for a state to handle, or they are too powerless to act.

I don't think the issues you raised meet that standard. You and your ilk put too much faith in federal agencies that helped create the current 17 trillion dollar debt. Why?

Nope, but bills didn't sit in the Senate Majority Leader's desk when the Republicans Controlled the Senate but not the House. Negotiation with a liberal is giving them what they want and if you don't extreme pain and suffering will be allowed to happen.

Ah yes, more of the same from you. You change your positions when YOUR side is in charge and then act totally different when it isn't. More hypocrisy from you Con, not suprised.

Back
Top Bottom