• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Get Tyson, Knight and Ditka

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
lol...check out how far the GOP has sunk into the mud.

ESPN has nothing on this summer's Republican national convention.
Donald Trump’s campaign aides are lining up a slate of iconic sports figures to appear at the convention in Cleveland next month—including former undisputed world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, legendary Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka, former Indiana University basketball coach Bobby Knight, and NASCAR chief Brian France, people familiar with the planning told Bloomberg Politics.

Trump Campaign Lining Up Tyson and Ditka for Convention - Bloomberg Politics
What? No Curt Schilling?

Reminds me of an AJ emoti :laughat:

What? No Curt Schilling?

He will probably be there.

What? No Curt Schilling?

:roll: Like Vice Presidential Nominee Kanye West is going to let them finish a speech.

:roll: Like Vice Presidential Nominee Kanye West is going to let them finish a speech.
Kanye inspired a new generation of protesters that relies solely on preventing the other side from speaking. He's inspired a generation.

maybe they could convince clint eastwood to reprise his starring role from the last GOP convention. that was compelling

Kanye inspired a new generation of protesters that relies solely on preventing the other side from speaking. He's inspired a generation.

What an oddly inaccurate assertion. No, he hasn't in any demonstrable way.

Why are these endorsements any worse than Susan Sarandon or any other celeb?

greatest_show.jpg

:lamo

What an oddly inaccurate assertion. No, he hasn't in any demonstrable way.
Shutting down a person's 1st amendment rights is the goal of the millinials whenever they protest. It's not about protesting and articulating greivances: it's about shutting down speech itself. Haven't you been paying attention to the protesters?

Shutting down a person's 1st amendment rights is the goal of the millinials whenever they protest. It's not about protesting and articulating greivances: it's about shutting down speech itself. Haven't you been paying attention to the protesters?

I don't think you have ever read the First Amendment. While I certainly do not support the drowning out of opposing voices, the First Amendment says nothing about that.

Shutting down a person's 1st amendment rights is the goal of the millinials whenever they protest.

Bare assertion, assumes facts not in evidence.
It's not about protesting and articulating greivances: it's about shutting down speech itself. Haven't you been paying attention to the protesters?

See above.

Sarandon has an IQ above room temperature. Tyson, Ditka and Schilling? Not so much.

Mike Tyson? The convicted rapist?

Gee, I have no idea why he would be a worse choice than Susan Sarandon or any other celeb.

Back
Top Bottom