• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Freak Out as Terry McAuliffe Restores Voting Rights to 206,000 Virginians

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Republicans Freak Out As Terry McAuliffe Restores Voting Rights To 206,000 Virginians
Republicans Freak Out as Terry McAuliffe Restores Voting Rights to 206,000 Virginians

Republicans are losing their minds over Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe restoring the voting rights of 206,000 Virginians who were convicted of felonies, but served their time and completed any release or probationary requirements.

McAuliffe rightly restores the right to have paid their debt to society to vote as a GOP official in NY wipes 126,000 law abiding taxpayers from the rolls……………..One person is a compassionate leader as the other is a common crook…….

Democrats encourage/support the Constitutional right to vote................. GOP looks to suppress the vote by passing unconstitutional laws to make voting harder for the poor and minority communities

ALSO SEE:
New York Suspends Clerk Who Wiped 126,000 Voters from the Books | News | teleSUR English
Speaker Howell On Governor’s Restoration Of Rights Action | Speaker Bill Howell
‘Just in time for the election!’ Va. Gov. Terry McAuliffe restored voting rights to HOW MANY convicted felons? – twitchy.com
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1557...re-purged-from-the-rolls-an-audit-is-underway

Re: Republicans Freak Out as Terry McAuliffe Restores Voting Rights to 206,000 Virgin

It's a boost for Hillary. After all, there is honor among thieves!

Re: Republicans Freak Out as Terry McAuliffe Restores Voting Rights to 206,000 Virgin

I know one Governor whose gonna be around a bit longer ;)

To me motive IS important but in this case, after someone served there time and they have proven to no longer be a threat to society (I might have watched Shawshank Redemption too many times) then they should get their voting rights back. Only those still serving time should not be voting.
Unless, maybe, the crime was voting fraud....

Republicans Freak Out As Terry McAuliffe Restores Voting Rights To 206,000 Virginians

Republicans are losing their minds over Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe restoring the voting rights of 206,000 Virginians who were convicted of felonies, but served their time and completed any release or probationary requirements.

McAuliffe rightly restores the right to have paid their debt to society to vote as a GOP official in NY wipes 126,000 law abiding taxpayers from the rolls……………..One person is a compassionate leader as the other is a common crook…….

Democrats encourage/support the Constitutional right to vote................. GOP looks to suppress the vote by passing unconstitutional laws to make voting harder for the poor and minority communities

ALSO SEE:
New York Suspends Clerk Who Wiped 126,000 Voters from the Books | News | teleSUR English
Speaker Howell On Governor’s Restoration Of Rights Action | Speaker Bill Howell
‘Just in time for the election!’ Va. Gov. Terry McAuliffe restored voting rights to HOW MANY convicted felons? – twitchy.com
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1557...re-purged-from-the-rolls-an-audit-is-underway

Here's the "freak out":
“I am stunned yet not at all surprised by the Governor’s action. I am stunned at his broad and unprecedented view of executive power, which directly contradicts how past Governors have interpreted their clemency powers, and I am stunned at his willingness to restore the rights of the most heinous criminals without batting an eye. Yet, I am not surprised by the lengths to which he is willing to go to deliver Virginia to Hillary Clinton in November.”
A calm, reasoned response to a highly questionable decision that is a prime example of the abuse of Executive privilege for political gain.

Don't want your voting franchise suspended? Don't commit a felony and get convicted.

Why is it that certain Democrat officials seem to reward illegal acts, like restoring the voting franchise to almost a quarter million felons, right before a major election, or telling illegal immigrants that they will not be deported if they are a kid or if they're an adult with kids here with them?

The only potential agreement I may have with this is if it only covered those people that were convicted of a felony for possessing the small amount of marijuana that rises to the level of a felony. But, that's not what it appears was done here.

"Creative interpretation" (also known as circumvention and/or intentional bastardizing) of constitutional powers is becoming a trait of the Democrats.

Way to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of GOP voters who will now have their vote canceled out by the vote from a Felon.

Here's the "freak out":

A calm, reasoned response to a highly questionable decision that is a prime example of the abuse of Executive privilege for political gain.

Really............. First off it is within the powers of a Governor do as he did.........No abuse of power there

And as I have said so often............GOP are into suppressing the right to vote for the poor and minorities ...........whereas Democrats encourage/support the constitutional right every citizen has...

Now Tell me.............

who do you thing is the one dealing out the abuse................?

Now lets be honest now

Don't want your voting franchise suspended? Don't commit a felony and get convicted.

Why is it that certain Democrat officials seem to reward illegal acts, like restoring the voting franchise to almost a quarter million felons, right before a major election, or telling illegal immigrants that they will not be deported if they are a kid or if they're an adult with kids here with them?

The only potential agreement I may have with this is if it only covered those people that were convicted of a felony for possessing the small amount of marijuana that rises to the level of a felony. But, that's not what it appears was done here.

"Creative interpretation" (also known as circumvention and/or intentional bastardizing) of constitutional powers is becoming a trait of the Democrats.

This may have escaped your attention but it is a responsibility of government (with a few rules and exceptions) to reinstate the rights of a citizen who has paid his/her debt to society......

You may have been napping when the teacher in HS American history cover that in class

Really............. First off it is within the powers of a Governor do as he did.........No abuse of power there

And as I have said so often............GOP are into suppressing the right to vote for the poor and minorities ...........whereas Democrats encourage/support the constitutional right every citizen has...

Now Tell me.............

who do you thing is the one dealing out the abuse................?

Now lets be honest now

..and there's the big bag of bigotry back in action.......... I've seen a lot of bigot's in my life, but you are seriously one of the worst....................... I would say that just about ............................... 90% of what you think about conservatives/Reps. is dead wrong.................................... In fact, I've rarely seeen you post anything............................. about conservatives that was accurate..................................... Most of it stems from that burning hate you have towards conservatives that........................................... manifests itself in lie after lie.................................................... .................................................... .................................... ........................ ................. ............ ......... ........ ........ .... .. .

..and there's the big bag of bigotry back in action.......... I've seen a lot of bigot's in my life, but you are seriously one of the worst....................... I would say that just about ............................... 90% of what you think about conservatives/Reps. is dead wrong.................................... In fact, I've rarely seeen you post anything............................. about conservatives that was accurate..................................... Most of it stems from that burning hate you have towards conservatives that........................................... manifests itself in lie after lie.................................................... .................................................... .................................... ........................ ................. ............ ......... ........ ........ .... .. .

I see you have nothing of importance to share............

But you seem to be having trouble getting into Conversation style of communication......Could it be a lack of talent?

I'm with imyoda on this one. We seem to do everything we can to disadvantage people who have made mistakes in their pasts to such a point where almost the only option left for them is to go back to crime.

Additionally, we criminalize almost everything you can think of. Should someone who's only crime was to take drugs have rights revoked their entire lives even though the only harm done was perhaps to themselves?

No...if someone has served their time then they need to be done with their punishment.

But you seem to be having trouble getting into Conversation style of communication......Could it be a lack of talent?

BTW

I am a conservative Republican FYI

BTW

I am a conservative Republican FYI

Not according to every single position we have seen you take on this board.

Not according to every single position we have seen you take on this board.

I'm one of them old-time Republican Conservatives who was encouraged to think for themselves ..............

...and not one must be measured by being up on all the proper political ways to believe/say/support/ think/fight for .................

and doing what I am being told to do...

To be called a real conservative............

Ya know there's the difference

I'm one of them old-time Republican Conservatives who was encouraged to think for themselves ..............

...and not one must be measured by being up on all the proper political ways to believe/say/support/ think/fight for .................

and doing what I am being told to do...

To be called a real conservative............

Ya know there's the difference

LOL. I have yet to see you take up a single position on this board that could be called conservative. Know when the con is over. Hint: it's over.

LOL. I have yet to see you take up a single position on this board that could be called conservative. Know when the con is over. Hint: it's over.

Have you ever consider the possibility that yall are not conservatives but sound and behave as fascist would..............

Works for me.........

No, lack of someone providing a subject that's relfects an open and honest desire to have a conversation

No, lack of someone providing a subject that's relfects an open and honest desire to have a conversation

Open and honest conversation of "You are not a conservative"

Spare me you bulldickie..............

And stop with the trolling

Back
Top Bottom