• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republicans DO NOT Support Our Troops

Originally posted by GySgt:
I love lifting weights. Hate running.
I'm not there yet. I'm on a fat burn for the next two weeks.

Billo_Really said:
I'm not there yet. I'm on a fat burn for the next two weeks.

Good for you. A stong body and a strong mind feed off each other.

Good for you. A stong body and a strong mind feed off each other.
Two weeks ago I weighed in at 280lbs. Then when I saw Jack Osbourne
climb El Capitan, I use that as my inspiration.

Billo_Really said:

Look at it like it is a mission. Never fail your mission.

Look at it like it is a mission. Never fail your mission.
That is so true. Like Gene Krantz said while he was trying to get Apollo 13 back home, "Failure is not an option!" Each day in the gym, I never do less than the day before.

Billo_Really said:
That is so true. Like Gene Krantz said while he was trying to get Apollo 13 back home, "Failure is not an option!" Each day in the gym, I never do less than the day before.

Don't burn yourself out. You can easily do that. The body reacts best when it is on a routine of steady progression. The trick is to get your metabolism into a state of "no confusion." This is what allows your body to continue to burn fat when you take periodic breaks from exercise.

Don't burn yourself out. You can easily do that. The body reacts best when it is on a routine of steady progression. The trick is to get your metabolism into a state of "no confusion." This is what allows your body to continue to burn fat when you take periodic breaks from exercise.
I realize that. Everything is low-impact right now.

Billo_Really said:
Why would I not believe you on a subject I know nothing about?

I do not know where you live.You could be living next to a Army base for all I know.
What is PT?

As GySgt has pointed out "PT = Physical Training. The act of staying in shape and in readiness for the rigors of combat duty."PT can involve ten mile runs,side straddle hops(jumping jacks), sit-ups, push ups,road marches,chin-ups, and other exercises.

The PT = Physical Training. The act of staying in shape and in readiness for the rigors of combat duty.The Army has the APFT(Army phisical fitness test)
Which consist of push-ups,sit-ups and a two mile run.
For 17-21 year old male the requirements for passing the push-up are 42 for the 60% and 71 for 100% score.
For a 17-21 year old female to pass the push-ups they need to 19 push-ups for a score of 60% and 42 push-ups for a score 100%.
For a 17-21 year old male to pass the two mile run he needs to complete the run in 15min,for:54sec. for a 60% score and 13min.:00sec. for a 100% score in the two mile run.
For a female age 17-21 to pass the two mile she needs to complete the 2 mile run in 18min and 54 sec for a score of 60% and 15 min and 36 sec for a score of 100%.
To pass the sit-ups part of the test for a male or femal age 17-21 they must do 71 sit-ups for a 60% score and 78 sit-ups fo a 100% score in the sit-ups.

Billo_Really said:
Oh sorry, I was looking for the thread. My bad.

Orginally posted by KCConservative:
Oh sorry, I was looking for the thread. My bad.
...and when Osbourne climbed to the top of the mountain, he could've turned to me and said, "Why did the Republicans vote to cut VA spending."

Happy!

This makes absolutely no sense.

Army Orders Soldiers to Shed Dragon Skin or Lose SGLI Death Benefits By Nathaniel R. Helms

Two deploying soldiers and a concerned mother reported Friday afternoon that the U.S. Army appears to be singling out soldiers who have purchased Pinnacle's Dragon Skin Body Armor for special treatment. The soldiers, who are currently staging for combat operations from a secret location, reported that their commander told them if they were wearing Pinnacle Dragon Skin and were killed their beneficiaries might not receive the death benefits from their $400,000 SGLI life insurance policies. The soldiers were ordered to leave their privately purchased body armor at home or face the possibility of both losing their life insurance benefit and facing disciplinary action.

The soldiers asked for anonymity because they are concerned they will face retaliation for going public with the Army's apparently new directive. At the sources' requests DefenseWatch has also agreed not to reveal the unit at which the incident occured for operational security reasons.

On Saturday morning a soldier affected by the order reported to DefenseWatch that the directive specified that "all" commercially available body armor was prohibited. The soldier said the order came down Friday morning from Headquarters, United States Special Operations Command (HQ, USSOCOM), located at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. It arrived unexpectedly while his unit was preparing to deploy on combat operations. The soldier said the order was deeply disturbiing to many of the men who had used their own money to purchase Dragon Skin because it will affect both their mobility and ballistic protection.

"We have to be able to move. It (Dragon Skin) is heavy, but it is made so we have mobility and the best ballistic protection out there. This is crazy. And they are threatening us with our benefits if we don't comply." he said.

The soldier reiterated Friday's reports that any soldier who refused to comply with the order and was subsequently killed in action "could" be denied the $400,000 death benefit provided by their SGLI life insurance policy as well as face disciplinary action.

http://www.sftt.org/main.cfm?action...nKey=cmpDefense&htmlCategoryID=30&htmlId=4514

Billo_Really said:
...and when Osbourne climbed to the top of the mountain, he could've turned to me and said, "Why did the Republicans vote to cut VA spending."

Happy!
Um, an Anti-Bush College friend still gets his $600-$800 check every month from VA, what's your point?

Just for kidding around: "Maybe the government is cutting his checks because they have tapped his phone!" :mrgreen:

Originally posted by stsburns:
Um, an Anti-Bush College friend still gets his $600-$800 check every month from VA, what's your point?

Just for kidding around: "Maybe the government is cutting his checks because they have tapped his phone!"
That still won't balance the budget like Clinton did.

Billo_Really said:
That still won't balance the budget like Clinton did.
Yea, that Conservate inflation pushed in before he got out of the white house did cost us more money. True, True. :2wave:

Yea, that Conservate inflation pushed in before he got out of the white house did cost us more money. True, True.
Talk about taking the wind out of a guys' sails. I was trying to get you mad, but you just came back with intelligence.

Billo_Really said:
Talk about taking the wind out of a guys' sails. I was trying to get you mad, but you just came back with intelligence.
Hey man I know what I'm talking about, History is one of my loves in my life. :mrgreen:

Hey man I know what I'm talking about, History is one of my loves in my life.
Then what's your opinion on VA funding. Are they getting more money or less money than they should.

Billo_Really said:
Then what's your opinion on VA funding. Are they getting more money or less money than they should.
Well if I understand it correctly they get paid $200 a class, per month. You drop a class, you loose $200 a month. :twocents:

Personally seeing how my friend uses the money astonishes me. He just spends the VA money on the latest video games, and yet he hates the government with a passion! But the government is footing the bill for his games? :confused:

Well think of this way. All forms of financial helpers for college students is being cut. I almost didn't get my "Pell Grant" this year due to cuts. Freakin politicians!

Hey BillO_Really you wanna know a politician inside secret? :mrgreen:

Well if I understand it correctly they get paid $200 a class, per month. You drop a class, you loose $200 a month.

Personally seeing how my friend uses the money astonishes me. He just spends the VA money on the latest video games, and yet he hates the government with a passion! But the government is footing the bill for his games?

Well think of this way. All forms of financial helpers for college students is being cut. I almost didn't get my "Pell Grant" this year due to cuts. Freakin politicians!

Hey BillO_Really you wanna know a politician inside secret?
Give it to me baby, I'm pretty fly for a white guy.

Billo_Really said:
Give it to me baby, I'm pretty fly for a white guy.
Hey you know how politicians say "I NEVER CUT FUNDING!", well they always cut money! Especially from education.

I talked with a Education Director that advises schools and colleges owned by the state.

He said "Politicians always give us money, then take it back? We have to plan ahead of time, A year before, on how much money that year we have to spend on education. When politicians take money back, we have to come up with the money quick. That could mean "Fundraisers," firing experienced employees and hiring 2 people just out of college with no teaching experience. Usually they take back $200,000-$400,000. That's alot of money when you have to run all the schools that year without that money!"

I was shocked! Hey maybe you can use this post in Education Threads! :mrgreen: Government takebacks are a "American Tradition" :LOL!

Hey you know how politicians say "I NEVER CUT FUNDING!", well they always cut money! Especially from education.

I talked with a Education Director that advises schools and colleges owned by the state.

He said "Politicians always give us money, then take it back? We have to plan ahead of time, A year before, on how much money that year we have to spend on education. When politicians take money back, we have to come up with the money quick. That could mean "Fundraisers," firing experienced employees and hiring 2 people just out of college with no teaching experience. Usually they take back $200,000-$400,000. That's alot of money when you have to run all the schools that year without that money!"

I was shocked! Hey maybe you can use this post in Education Threads! Government takebacks are a "American Tradition" :LOL!
Takebacks for kickbacks. I bet that runs rampant on both sides of the aisle.

Billo_Really said:
Takebacks for kickbacks. I bet that runs rampant on both sides of the aisle.
Exactly, now you know why I trust no one! :mrgreen:

Exactly, now you know why I trust no one!
You do offend equally. But you do have some valid points.

Billo_Really said:
You do offend equally. But you do have some valid points.
Hey sometimes I try to offend, but sometimes I want to show people that they shouldn't play into party politics.

Back
Top Bottom