• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans didn't issue a single subpeona to the Trump administration in two years!

markjs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Just saw that on morning Joe this morning, and he's right, that's hard to believe!

Even if you ignore Trump himself, Scott Pruitt? Betsy Devos? Ben Carson? Ryan Zinke?

Even ignoring Trump, had Nunes and company done their job, not the job of sycophants protecting King TangFace's regime, there should have been a record number!:roll:

Oh boy, this next two years will NOT be fun for the Trumpster fire team. :2rofll:

Just saw that on morning Joe this morning, and he's right, that's hard to believe!

Even if you ignore Trump himself, Scott Pruitt? Betsy Devos? Ben Carson? Ryan Zinke?

Even ignoring Trump, had Nunes and company done their job, not the job of sycophants protecting King TangFace's regime, there should have been a record number!:roll:

Oh boy, this next two years will NOT be fun for the Trumpster fire team. :2rofll:

I'm not familiar with the subpoena process, but aren't the people listed other than Trump, Department Secretaries or Department heads who regularly testify before Congress?

I'm just not clear that this is a meaningful measure.

It's certainly a fact that Republican House and Senate committees talked to a lot of Trump administration current and former officials. The fact that those officials didn't resist any invitations to talk is why there were no subpoenas issued.

So, what we have here is a case of Joe...and you, markjs...only focusing on part of an issue in order to advance a dishonest implication.

Thread dismissed...

It's certainly a fact that Republican House and Senate committees talked to a lot of Trump administration current and former officials. The fact that those officials didn't resist any invitations to talk is why there were no subpoenas issued.

So, what we have here is a case of Joe...and you, markjs...only focusing on part of an issue in order to advance a dishonest implication.

Thread dismissed...

They didn't subpoena any records to verify anything that was said. They didn't do their job. Don't worry, Dems will do it for them.

They didn't subpoena any records to verify anything that was said. They didn't do their job. Don't worry, Dems will do it for them.

Are you kidding me? How can you say this utter bull****?

Here's just ONE TIME that a House Committee subpoenaed documents and records from the Trump administration: https://judiciary.house.gov/press-release/goodlatte-subpoenas-mccabe-memos-and-other-documents/

You know...you don't HAVE to agree with reality, but don't try to spout your own reality at me. I'll slap you upside the head with facts.

I'm not familiar with the subpoena process, but aren't the people listed other than Trump, Department Secretaries or Department heads who regularly testify before Congress?

The two are very different. When testifying to Congress, only a few congress members get to ask questions, they are limited in time, and the witness can easily dodge questions.

With a subpeona, the person must hand over all requested evidence, no matter how extensive or time consuming it is.

The two are very different. When testifying to Congress, only a few congress members get to ask questions, they are limited in time, and the witness can easily dodge questions.

With a subpeona, the person must hand over all requested evidence, no matter how extensive or time consuming it is.

I would have thought that all the members of the relevant committees would be the ones asking the questions. The testimonies I've seen over the years will often take questions offline and the Secretary will respond in writing.

I'm still not clear that this is a meaningful measure.

Agree. I remember Carson having to explain his expenses to a Congressional committee and blaming it on his wife.

I would have thought that all the members of the relevant committees would be the ones asking the questions. The testimonies I've seen over the years will often take questions offline and the Secretary will respond in writing.

I'm still not clear that this is a meaningful measure.

Yes, the members of the committee that is in charge of the issue the official is testifying about. But there are a limited number of those people, most of them are members of the majority party, and they minority members have a limited time to ask questions. Also, the official is not required to provide corroborating documentation.

On the contrary, Trump seems to relish just these types of fights.

Being a NYC street fighter, with the base nearly 100% behind him after two years of straight bs from the deep state [yup, PROVEN now], the MSM 90+ negative coverage [1st pres not to visit troops, oh, he did? well, only because we, the press, criticized him :lamo ], the steadily losing it Dem party ...and the recalcitrant too many of his own party [ mercifully many got the messages, stepped down]... Trump loves to be swinging, landing punches. Wonder how many of Nancy's skeletons will surface, Chuckies? HillBillary's have been exposed, no putting that toothpaste now outta, back in, the tube. Same in spades with Comey, McCabe, Strzok/Page, the Ohr's, Steele, Clapper, Brennan, Rice, et al.

We got plenty of dynamite ammunition, Trump kept his powder dry, held our fire in abeyance. Plenty of real, not the constant duds, our bombshells when finally launched are ready to explode on scene. Timing totally up to Trump. Then the dumb Dem's have painted themselves into the corner on border security, visually waved off an unbelievable offer on DACA, a deal they cannot refuse but stupidly did just so...on video and audio promoting a wall...slenderman, Chuckie, the fat lady all voted for it...too too delicious.

So many of these just waiting to be exploited. Low hanging hand grenades... no batteries needed, only a simple pin pull necessary.

I imagine just in the area of Chinese bribes distributed that our intelligence agencies have no doubt captured, documented will, if Trump wants to make use of them [and he should] come into play...time to empty the swamp. There to be done, hope Trump does it.

I suppose he does chance being Kennedied, however.

Not everybody is, can be or is willing to be, on the dishonest payroll. Need the new Elliot Ness, the good guy willing to be tough and clean. Trump has thus far proven himself, even with the pressures, the full use of the federal govt to compose, untouchable.

As to the other, those, when an actual crime is put forward, those being potentially valid, are investigations I welcome. If they are just additional witch hunts, the Dem party will become even more of a laughing and we will win back a ton of seats in the next election when Trump will be again running... against who? Avenatti? The fat lady again? Bernie or Gaffing Joe sidestepping the grave digger holes for a short while? Mayb a Cuban-Castro ticket... or maybe a less than 1%er, Pocahantas-Spartacus ticket? Michelle-Oprah or would it be Oprah- Michelle... that in itself will be a helavah cat fight just to see who heads that ticket.

2019? Fun fun.

The difference is that a subpoena is part of a formal and enforceable order whereas un-subpoenaed testimony is voluntarily given.

While it's so that the 115th Congress hasn't subpoenaed any Admin. officials, that they haven't isn't the problem. The problem is that the 115th Congress has allowed Admin. witnesses to get off easy, so to speak...not requiring sworn testimony, allowing non-answers to direct questions, allowing refusals to answer.

Where the absence of subpoenas is relevant is in the 115th Congress' going out of its way not to subpoena witnesses (Administration or not) who might reasonably have germane information. I mean really, there's not a good reason to abjure asking someone questions about what they did, didn't do, why, why not, etc.

What'll be interesting to see is whether House Dems dusts-off its contempt power.

The difference is that a subpoena is part of a formal and enforceable order whereas un-subpoenaed testimony is voluntarily given.

While it's so that the 115th Congress hasn't subpoenaed any Admin. officials, that they haven't isn't the problem. The problem is that the 115th Congress has allowed Admin. witnesses to get off easy, so to speak...not requiring sworn testimony, allowing non-answers to direct questions, allowing refusals to answer.

Where the absence of subpoenas is relevant is in the 115th Congress' going out of its way not to subpoena witnesses (Administration or not) who might reasonably have germane information. I mean really, there's not a good reason to abjure asking someone questions about what they did, didn't do, why, why not, etc.

What'll be interesting to see is whether House Dems dusts-off its contempt power.

The point was already made much more concisely by the other poster.

I seem to recall the Democrats in Congress siding with the Trump Admin in refusing when Nunes was trying to get information about the origin of Mueller investigation. Its true that no subpoenas were issued by Nunes, but somehow I suspect the Dems on the committee and in Congress would NOT have rallied around it.

The point was already made much more concisely by the other poster.

tenor.png

Being a NYC street fighter, with the base nearly 100% behind him after two years of straight bs from the deep state [yup, PROVEN now], the MSM 90+ negative coverage [1st pres not to visit troops, oh, he did? well, only because we, the press, criticized him :lamo ], the steadily losing it Dem party ...and the recalcitrant too many of his own party [ mercifully many got the messages, stepped down]... Trump loves to be swinging, landing punches. Wonder how many of Nancy's skeletons will surface, Chuckies? HillBillary's have been exposed, no putting that toothpaste now outta, back in, the tube. Same in spades with Comey, McCabe, Strzok/Page, the Ohr's, Steele, Clapper, Brennan, Rice, et al.

We got plenty of dynamite ammunition, Trump kept his powder dry, held our fire in abeyance. Plenty of real, not the constant duds, our bombshells when finally launched are ready to explode on scene. Timing totally up to Trump. Then the dumb Dem's have painted themselves into the corner on border security, visually waved off an unbelievable offer on DACA, a deal they cannot refuse but stupidly did just so...on video and audio promoting a wall...slenderman, Chuckie, the fat lady all voted for it...too too delicious.

So many of these just waiting to be exploited. Low hanging hand grenades... no batteries needed, only a simple pin pull necessary.

I imagine just in the area of Chinese bribes distributed that our intelligence agencies have no doubt captured, documented will, if Trump wants to make use of them [and he should] come into play...time to empty the swamp. There to be done, hope Trump does it.

Not everybody is, can be or is willing to be, on the dishonest payroll. Need the new Elliot Ness, the good guy willing to be tough and clean. Trump has thus far proven himself, even with the pressures, the full use of the federal govt to compose, untouchable.

As to the other, those, when an actual crime is put forward, those being potentially valid, are investigations I welcome. If they are just additional witch hunts, the Dem party will become even more of a laughing and we will win back a ton of seats in the next election when Trump will be again running... against who? Avenatti? The fat lady again? Bernie or Gaffing Joe sidestepping the grave digger holes for a short while? Mayb a Cuban-Castro ticket... or maybe a less than 1%er, Pocahantas-Spartacus ticket? Michelle-Oprah or would it be Oprah- Michelle... that in itself will be a helavah cat fight just to see who heads that ticket.

2019? Fun fun.

“Street-fighter?” :lamo

Gonna be much for your “street-fighter” to ”relish!”

Last edited:

I have a feeling that a great many of those who underestimate Pelosi, especially Trump, are about to have a rude awakening.

Sure they did. They subpoenaed records from the Justice Department all the damn time.

Nunes is such a vile little ****. I hope the Democrats investigate him.

2019? Fun fun.

Also, Trump has already threatened to declassify and release to the public the mountain of information that the Republican House Committees have already asked for...if the House Democrats decide to get stupid and engage their own witch hunt.

It will be impossible for the Dems to sweep the evidence of the Obama administration corruption under the rug when the entire American...and world...public knows about it. (They WILL try, of course.)

Devin Nunes should be indicted for collusion and complicity in a cover-up. He willfully impeded and attempted to obstruct a Dept of Justice investigation. He created a false flag by charging Susan Rice with illegalities that have long been disproved. Devin Nunes blocked all subpoenas from being issued to witnesses who simply refused to answer direct questions by the Intel Committee. Devin Nunes also refused to acknowledge or comply with Democrats demand for subpoenas to be issued to these people who refused to answer pertinent questions which were vita and essential to getting to the truth in their investigation.

This is all changing very soon. Subpoenas will be going out for Corey Lewandowski, Hope Hicks, Roger Stone, Donald Jr. and others. This time they WILL answer questions and they will NOT be protected under some phony claim of 'executive privilege'.

The only response the right has to accusations is deflection to President Barack Obama. "he did this" "he did that".... All unsubstantiated, unproven, non-factual and pointless. It's simply desperation because it's becoming more and more difficult to defend this son-of-a-bitch president.

Being a NYC street fighter,

2019? Fun fun.

Seriously? A street fighter? Have you ever been to NYC?

If widdle Donnie was ever truly threatened with physical violence, he'd run away screaming like the little sissie he has always been. New Yorkers know this, but somehow he has millions of his Trumptards convinced that he's a tough guy.

Only in his speeches, catenate. All talk, no action ... the story of his life.

Nunes is such a vile little ****. I hope the Democrats investigate him.

Anyone, anywhere who supports or voted for president Trump should be investigated. ASAP!!
They are traitors to all that is good and decent..... just ask any president Trump hater!! :lamo :lamo :lamo
The democrats in congress have Investigate-itis when it involves president Trump.

Do you think you could come up with a better way to spend your time other than watching that homophobic show?

Anyone, anywhere who supports or voted for president Trump should be investigated. ASAP!!
They are traitors to all that is good and decent..... just ask any president Trump hater!! :lamo :lamo :lamo
The democrats in congress have Investigate-itis when it involves president Trump.

Did you forget to take your smart pills today? Rhetorical question, considering your post burns with stupid.

“Street-fighter?” :lamo

Gonna be much for your “street-fighter” to ”relish!”

Yeah he's an in the gutter kind of guy that's for sure!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom