• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans continue to embrace Trump's election lie at CPAC

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

2/27/21
Republicans have continued to embrace the myth of a stolen election the annual rightwing conclave of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), underscoring how the party continues to sustain the baseless idea months after Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 race and the deadly assault on the Capitol. Several speakers on Friday repeated debunked falsehoods about the election. Deroy Murdock, a Fox News contributor, repeated the lie that there were “mysterious late-night ballot dumps” that swung the election for Joe Biden and that there were vehicles with out-of-state license plates unloading ballots in the early hours of the election. Both of those claims have been debunked. Stoking fears about fraud and advocating for stricter voting rules has become commonplace among Republicans in recent years, but in the wake of Trump’s presidency – and his loss to Biden – it has become a common rallying cry in the party. Even so, some observers said the focus on fanning the flames of the conspiracy theory at CPAC was still alarming. “One program on lessons learned from voting in 2020 is appropriate to restore trust for half of America, but not seven!” said Eric Johnson, a former Republican lawmaker in Georgia who advised Kelly Loeffler’s US Senate campaign. “Donald Trump convinced his base – a majority of Republicans, if polls are to be believed – that the election was stolen.

Though the CPAC organizers likely know it’s false, they’re using this as a wedge issue to excite the base and sell more tickets,” said Nick Pasternak, who recently left the Republican party after working on several GOP campaigns. Litigants in American courts have to meet procedural thresholds to advance their case, something that prevents courts from having to hear frivolous claims. Again and again, Trump and his allies failed to convince courts that they cleared those bars. “One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption,” Matthew Braun, a federal judge in Pennsylvania, wrote in December as he tossed out an effort from Trump and his allies to block certification of the election results there. “Instead, this court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations … unsupported by the evidence.” Jay Williams, a Republican strategist in Georgia, said the focus on elections was a way to gin up support among the party’s faithful base, which remains largely loyal to Trump and his allies. “I would not equate ‘the party’ with CPAC so I wouldn’t put much stock in it from that perspective,” he said. “CPAC exists to make money and so it’s no surprise to me the organizers have jumped on to this issue.”

The money incentive: CPAC organizers know that Trumps Big Lie is fraudulent, but they continue to push the lie to sell more tickets to the annual CPAC conference.

Remember those violent assholes who stormed the Capitol on January 6 killing five? THAT is the Trump/GQP Party going forward.

140,000 sane individuals have left the GOP since that deadly riot. Get out now before the FBI has to look for you also.

Trump made spectacular policy decisions throughout his 4 years in office but I believe at 78
in 2024 & reconnecting with the envious lifestyle he enjoyed before entering politics, he'll
not run for the presidency again. As the leader of the party however he will be kingmaker &
the number of candidates who he'll accept are less than the fingers of one hand.

The best outcome for the republicans in 2024 is that
Trump decides not to run but campaigns
hard for those who echoed the policies he
uniquely rallied the public for with success in 2016.
Kristy Noem, De Santis, Josh Hawley or Tom Cotton come to mind.

I support all four but being that women have really been
winning elections as never before I prefer Noem.
Again she wowed them at CPAC today.
She is not just the best looking female politician but
the speech she gave on the 4th of July reveals
she's has a way about her. Her future looks bright
as a force in national politics, she is on the rise!

The golden flip flop statue with the magic star wand still lost the election.

You have to be totally uneducated about the rattlesnake to think even one of his policy decisions was "spectacular" because in every possible way, he is against the American people. That has been true his entire life.

All Republicans ever care about is him. Until his death, he will be the face of the Republican Party. On the sixth day of this year, Republicans proved that to everyone who was still in doubt. They still refuse to back down.

Trump made spectacular policy decisions throughout his 4 years in office but I believe at 78
in 2024 & reconnecting with the envious lifestyle he enjoyed before entering politics, he'll
not run for the presidency again. As the leader of the party however he will be kingmaker &
the number of candidates who he'll accept are less than the fingers of one hand.

Punctuation.............. you don't haz it!

There is a Gold Statue of Trump there.

Last edited:
They is a Gold Statue of Trump there.
I enjoy the fact that instead of making his face out of god, that they instead chose copper, which is closer to his tangerine skin tone.

That really is a horrible statue.
Making his shorts out of the flag was an especially ironic decision, for people who claim to have a problem with the desecration of the flag.

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free.

Last edited:

Conservatives seem to be sooooooo lazy .................

The statue of limitations is not up.

he doesn't even dress like that. i don't understand how it even happened.
I could make the case that the horror of a statue is a take on Donnie's empathy for gold plated tin. He really does like crap furnishings, fake shit and gaudy crap generally. Is that statue not the epitome of gaudy crap?

I could make the case that the horror of a statue is a take on Donnie's empathy for gold plated tin. He really does like crap furnishings, fake shit and gaudy crap generally. Is that statue not the epitome of gaudy crap?

yep. bonus points if he complains about the way the statue is dressed before talking about how epic it is.

It's called alt-text trolling and it really is a thing.
Well that's just sad. I could go grammar Nazi with red corrections, on him but its north worth the effort.

I showed my wife the "Golden Trump" statue; she looked at it awhile and asked, "is that supposed to be trump?" He never smiles, it doesn't look anything like him. ROFLMAO!

The money incentive: CPAC organizers know that Trumps Big Lie is fraudulent, but they continue to push the lie to sell more tickets to the annual CPAC conference.

Remember those violent assholes who stormed the Capitol on January 6 killing five? THAT is the Trump/GQP Party going forward.

140,000 sane individuals have left the GOP since that deadly riot. Get out now before the FBI has to look for you also.

Conservatives are mentally incapacitated like their leader who will walk away with the campaign money to pay his bills aka group got caught with their trousers down leaving predator Rump with the perfect opportunity.

Doubtful she a Trumperjust all of the others you mentioned. Losers

Doubtful she a Trumperjust all of the others you mentioned. Losers

Check out the Noem speech on July 4th near Mt. Rushmore. She's entirely with the Trump agenda.

At CPAC poll today she's #3 of all possible 2024 candidates 1) Trump 2) DeSantis 3)Noem

Get used to her

Check out the Noem speech on July 4th near Mt. Rushmore. She's entirely with the Trump agenda.

At CPAC poll today she's #3 of all possible 2024 candidates 1) Trump 2) DeSantis 3)Noem

Get used to her

You dont want to win anymore

Notice how they're screeching about being victims of cancel culture immediately after their hero incited an insurrection?

CPAC America Uncanceled.jpg

This is nothing new!
In addition to writing his book, Mein Kampf, Hitler had spent his prison time pondering the failed Nazi revolution (Beer Hall Putsch) of November 1923. Upon emerging from prison he was still under a ban from public speaking, something NO ONE in the government has done to Donald Trump.

The government of Bavaria banned the Nazi Party and its newspaper, the Völkischer Beobachter AND banned Hitler from political speech altogether. He was a pariah but he was also an officially censored pariah.

Here was Hitler's response.

Hitler with mouth taped shut.jpg

Wow, the ORIGINAL CANCEL CULTURE.
Poor Hitler, such the victim, no?

Is it any wonder CPAC chose to use the kind of symbology they are using?

CPAC Nazi rune.jpg

Back
Top Bottom