• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Capture House Seat in Obama's Hometown

I think this proves if Republicans can win this seat they can win anywhere.........

Be very afraid my left wing friends, be very afraid..........:rofl

Yes, the GOP can get less than 40% of the votes in any district. I'm shaking, NP, shaking I tell you! :rofl

Damn!
I didn't know we had Republicans or elections in Kenya!
:lol:

Last edited:
This Republican (Djou) campaigned as a traditional fiscal conservative who decried the Democrats' new health care legislation, the 2009 Obama administration stimulus package, and the very idea of new taxes to pay for any of it.
Hawaii Sends Charles Djou to Congress, First Republican in 20 Years

Also, it is interesting to note that such a fiscal conservative won 40% of the vote in a district Obama won 70% of the vote in 2008. So there has been an increase of people in Hawaii voting Republican since 2008...maybe because they don't like what they have been seeing it our current President.

What he says and what he will do are two different things. In liberal states republican is not republican=conservative, its more republican=liberal.

Just reading the thread title, and I have to ask....Why are the Republicans getting elected in Kenya?

And this is part of the reason the Republicans got crushed in the November 2008 elections.

Bush was saying that Barry was born in Kenya?..... got a link for that?

I really don't see the Republicans doing all that well in November. So the Tea Party is going to come out, but it consists mainly of conservatives and conservatives always come out. So there is a minority of Democrats/Moderates in the Tea Party. Both those categories can go Republican more or less often. They will almost certainly win some seats back, but I would be impressed if the Democrats lost a majority in either house.

The Tea Party adherents broke down 28% independent, 17% Democrat and only 57% Republican. Not coincidentally, this bipartisan breakdown has been the way that Tea Party favorite Sarah Palin has often described movement members as "commonsense Americans" worried and....

Myth-busting polls: Tea Party members are average Americans, 41% are Democrats, independents | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

This is the poll data for the above

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.

The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

Watching too much of that left wing propaganda you people call news? :lamo

I never said that, why would you quote me and then post something irrelevant?

You need to pay attention to the flow of conversation...... want me to post it and draw a diagram for you?

You need to pay attention to the flow of conversation...... want me to post it and draw a diagram for you?

If it explains why you quote me and then post something irrelevant to my post then yeah, go for it, I've always been more of a visual learner.

Last edited:
If it explains why you quote me and then post something irrelevant to my post then yeah, go for it, I've always been more of a visual learner.

Originally Posted by Arch Enemy
Had no idea we annexed Kenya.

Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan
And this is part of the reason the Republicans got crushed in the November 2008 elections.

Originally Posted by Crunch
Bush was saying that Barry was born in Kenya?..... got a link for that?

Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan
I never said that, why would you quote me and then post something irrelevant?

Originally Posted by Crunch

Got it?.......

Got it?.......

That wasn't really a diagram but okay, what you just posted implies you think Bush is the only reason Obama won, but if you want to be ignorant that's fine.

1 Republican who won by a majority hardly means that the Democrats are in trouble. Are Republicans going to say it's the end of Obama every time a Republican wins a public office?

That wasn't really a diagram but okay, what you just posted implies you think Bush is the only reason Obama won, but if you want to be ignorant that's fine.

LOL.... I see you checked your sense of humor when you went in the liberal door. :roll:

Conservatives (and liberals) need to learn to start making partisan attacks funny because they don't contribute to the conversation at all.

Conservatives (and liberals) need to learn to start making partisan attacks funny because they don't contribute to the conversation at all.

See post 45. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom