• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Are Plotting To Ban Abortion In All States

Liberal progressive Western European nations have basically these same abortion restrictions after 12-20 weeks too. So why aren't the far left pro choice / all abortions on demand for any reason at any time folks talking about that I wonder?
Probably because Americans are more concerned about US law.

You think ability to pay for the procedure doesn’t affect the ability to access said procedure? It’s absolutely about the money. A big reason women have later abortions in the US comes down to finances.
There’s a need for them because many women either can’t readily access birth control, were never educated sufficiently in terms of sexual health, and the GOP, the pro-lifers, are the ones who object to the very things that would *decrease* abortions. Contraceptives and practical sex eduction…
Never mind the GOP puritans that can’t even tolerate medical insurance companies paying for an actual medical treatment, they’ve gotta make that hard, too.
Cream rises to the top. Nothing new about concept.

You can fix everyone is the way I see it.

According to some democrat conspiracy theorists, republicans are "plotting a nationwide abortion ban" and will act if they get the majority in Congress this midterm election, which is practically a done deal.

Alas, the only bulwark against a nationwide abortion ban is the president. Any anti-abortion bill passed by Congress must get his approval before it becomes Law.

Dems are frantic. They know that the next president will be a republican, and they know that means that everything is in place for a nationwide abortion ban - GOP controlled Congress, and GOP in the WH. A perfect storm.

The good news for the dems is that this will not happen. It IS possible that a republican Congress might pursue a murder/abortion ban - a ban on partial-birth abortion where the baby is left to die, and 3rd-term abortions where a viable (meaning it can survive outside the womb) unborn child is murdered.

Most Americans support early-term abortions (up to 15 weeks), and most Americans strongly oppose late-term and partial-birth abortions.
When you put the words Conservative and plotting in the same sentence, it's always a concern.

The federal government has no authority to ban abortion or to legalize it.
It's up to the States to decide.

The federal government has no authority to ban abortion or to legalize it.
It's up to the States to decide.
The federal government can ban or allow whatever they want through Congress.

I wouldn't put anything past the Republicans at this point. They will strip away human rights at the first available opportunity. They want to lay women's liberty and dignity down in shallow grave. And they will, unless we stop them.

I see a point down the road where all women capable of bearing a child will be given a daily pregnancy test. Any that are positive will be locked away until they give birth.

Vote in November

Realize who is taking away are liberty, trying to steal elections

I don't care if you vote libertarian, Dem

Anything but the new American Christian Taliban. I am centrist, you won't find a more middle of the road guy politically. This court scares me, it's a suoer majority of life time appointments.

It's a damn good thing this ain't your government.

So your a "centrist" who hates the "American Taliban". Good luck selling that.

Back
Top Bottom