• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Are Furious People Remember They’ve Been Pushing the Racist “Great Replacement” Rhetoric for Years

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Elise-Stefanik.jpg

Republicans Are Furious People Remember They’ve Been Pushing The Racist “Great Replacement” Rhetoric For Years​

May 17, 2022 by Jnews

In the era of Donald Trump, a major plank of the modern Republican Party platform is outright racism. Whether it’s the leader of the free world telling four congresswomen of color to “go back” to the “totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came,” a US senator saying he was not afraid of the January 6 rioters but would have been worried if they were Black Lives Matter protesters, a US congresswoman speaking at event put on by a white nationalist, the complete and total hysteria over the idea of children being taught about systemic racism, or a prime-time conservative host’s regular white- power hour, this hateful little ecosystem just loves to appeal to the lowest common denominator by demonizing anyone who isn’t white. But when their actions actually have consequences? And it turns out their hate speech matters? And people have the audacity to suggest they’re part of the problem? Well, they really get their noses out of joint.
Take, for instance, New York representative Elise Stefanik. Following the horrifying mass shooting in a Buffalo grocery store that left 10 dead after a gunman allegedly targeted Black people, The Washington Post and other outlets thought it was important to note that Stefanik, the third-ranking House Republican, among other conservatives, had previously echoed the “great replacement” rhetoric (the conspiracy theory that liberal politicians are trying to replace white Americans with nonwhite immigrants). In a series of Facebook ads highlighted in a tweet Saturday by Representative Adam Kinzinger, Stefanik’s campaign claimed in September 2021 that Democrats were letting undocumented immigrants into the country in an attempt to ultimately silence Republican (read: white) voters. “Radical Democrats are planning their most aggressive move yet: a PERMANENT ELECTION INSURRECTION,” reads one of the ads, with an accompanying image of migrants reflected in Joe Biden‘s sunglasses. “Their plan to grant amnesty to 11 MILLION illegal immigrants will overthrow our current electorate and create a permanent liberal majority in Washington.” At the time they ran, Albany’s Times Union, the congresswoman’s hometown paper, called the ads “despicable,” and blasted her in an editorial, writing that she “isn’t so brazen as to use [Nazi-inspired] slogans themselves; rather, she couches the hate in alarmist anti-immigrant rhetoric that’s become standard fare for the party of Donald Trump. ” As The New York Times reported over the weekend, Payton Gendron, the 18-year-old white suspect in the Buffalo shooting, “had posted a hate-filled manifesto online,” in which he wrote of his plan to shoot Black shoppers and went on “racist, anti-immigrant” rants “arguing that white Americans are at risk of being replaced by people of color. ” Kind of like the ads run by one Elise Stefanik!

snip

This has been going on since before this country even became a country. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion….

Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own nation… Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it… in short unless the stream of their importation be term from the strata colonies, as you very judicious super close, they will so outnumber us, that all the advantages we have will not in my opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our government will become precarious.”
-Benjamin Franklin, 1750, on the large number of new German immigrants to Pennsylvania at the time.

You know, bullshit like the OP only adds to the racial problems this country has.
It's particularly disgusting that it's just a political ploy.
You commies haven't figured that out yet?

You know, bullshit like the OP only adds to the racial problems this country has.
Manufactured sickness by the left.

Leftists forced American conservatives to push a highly racist "great replacement" conspiracy theory? Pointing out your racism is not racism. Don't for one second pretend you care about racial harmony, you don't.

So the right hasn't been pushing the great replacement conspiracy theory? That's all made up? Conservatives aren't worried about being a racial minority?

The problem is not these elected reps.

It’s the reactionary public who applaud and support them…

Don't worry, I've been told it's "okay" because they don't actually say the literal words "great replacement".

The idea that demographic changes within the US electorate will (greatly?) impact election outcomes is definitely neither exclusively a right-wing idea nor proving to be as true as had been expected.

For years, the Democratic Party has operated under one immutable assumption: Long-term demographic trends would give the party something like a permanent majority as the country as a whole grows less white and more urban. President Donald Trump’s reliance on the politics of racial resentment would only quicken the process, solidifying support for Democrats among people of color.

Their hateful rhetoric has been around since Reagan/Bush and ALEC at least 40 years.

Very true. This is nothing recent. Always been Republican/cons.

It's always somebody else's' fault, ain't that right @Grandpappy ?

I’m a conservative. I’ve heard plenty about securing the border, which is a position I agree with. I’ve heard plenty about how the left doesn’t want to secure the border. I’ve heard plenty about voting patterns, which is backed by evidence. I’ve heard all about cheap labor. I even casually dabbled in looking at Qanon message boards and seen some crazy shit there. Never once in all my conservative travels have I heard of “replacement theory” until this week. And not just the actual words, I mean I have never ever heard anything suggesting that there is a secret cabal of people intentionally trying to replace white people. My sample size is small, one person. And maybe that’s because I don’t watch Tucker. But I’m seeing the effort to suggest this theory is mainstream thought on the right and I just don’t buy it.

Calling conservatives out in the racist drivel they spew “adds to the racial problem”?

Gee, maybe conservatives should stop spewing racist drivel then.

I’m a conservative. I’ve heard plenty about securing the border, which is a position I agree with. I’ve heard plenty about how the left doesn’t want to secure the border. I’ve heard plenty about voting patterns, which is backed by evidence. I’ve heard all about cheap labor. I even casually dabbled in looking at Qanon message boards and seen some crazy shit there. Never once in all my conservative travels have I heard of “replacement theory” until this week. And not just the actual words, I mean I have never ever heard anything suggesting that there is a secret cabal of people intentionally trying to replace white people. My sample size is small, one person. And maybe that’s because I don’t watch Tucker. But I’m seeing the effort to suggest this theory is mainstream thought on the right and I just don’t buy it.

Do you remember Charlottesville? The thousands of white men with tiki torches marching around statues of racist traitors and yelling "Jews will not replace us!" ? The folks called "very fine people" by our Republican President at the time?

This isn't a new thing. You might not be personally aware of it, but it's definitely been an ongoing discussion point on the right for many years.

This has been going on since before this country even became a country. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion….

Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own nation… Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it… in short unless the stream of their importation be term from the strata colonies, as you very judicious super close, they will so outnumber us, that all the advantages we have will not in my opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our government will become precarious.”
-Benjamin Franklin, 1750, on the large number of new German immigrants to Pennsylvania at the time.

The Tulsa race riot is both an example of fear of replacement due to a community of black people becoming middle class, and of CRT:

Due to the community being burned down, 10,000 black people were left homeless.

And,

"Schools in Oklahoma have been required to teach students about the massacre since 2002, but in 2020, the massacre officially became a part of the Oklahoma school curriculum.

Nowadays, the Rep cons call such teaching of established history as "CRT".

Here come the excuses for the Far-Right's violent rhetoric. Right on cue.

Righties will NEVER take responsibility for one of their own.

Project much?

Isn't this the #3 G.O.P. House "leader"? A congressional rep. in the state in which a white supremacist recently murdered ten black people
in cold blood after planning his terrorist attack for several months, literally "casing the joint," taking notes of the time of day and concentration
of black shoppers at the store location?

Don't worry, I've been told it's "okay" because they don't actually say the literal words "great replacement".

Back
Top Bottom