• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Are Dead to Me.

My God! How could they?

Reading is for the mental, I mean, fundamental.

My mistrust of government is such that I will pay attention to the hearings. Republicans want to bring in department heads and Secretaries. Democrats want to showcase scientists who will tell us we are all doomed. It's guaranteed to be a clusterphuque.

As republicans try to wrestle control, democrats will wage a public opinion war. Public opinion messaging is far more powerful than policy squabbles. I see this as a no win situation.

My mistrust of government is such that I will pay attention to the hearings. Republicans want to bring in department heads and Secretaries. Democrats want to showcase scientists who will tell us we are all doomed. It's guaranteed to be a clusterphuque.

As republicans try to wrestle control, democrats will wage a public opinion war. Public opinion messaging is far more powerful than policy squabbles. I see this as a no win situation.

The alternative is to simply let King Barack rule as he wishes, setting a precedent that will be much harder to ever overturn.

I'm not entirely sure that this isn't giving Barry just what he wants, which is control of the narrative. I knew the health care battle was lost when the narrative became "what should we do with health care." The narrative should have been, "how can we make insurance companies more competitive and efficient." Now he's asked the house for market based solutions to lessen our carbon output, as if that had anything to do with the climate.

The alternative is to simply let King Barack rule as he wishes, setting a precedent that will be much harder to ever overturn.
1) Policies that can be modified by executive decision can be modified by any subsequent President.
2) Policies that can be modified by executive decision can be modified by subsequent legislation by Congress, or in some cases State authorities.
3) The only way any President can make a decision like that is if the laws were already written to grant the President that ability.

It is rational (albeit almost certainly inspired by partisanship) for Congress to hold a hearing, to find out what climate change policies the Obama administration has planned. If anything oversteps legal bounds, it can be challenged in court; if Congress really doesn't like it, and they have the votes, they can change it via legislation.

It may rev you up to insist that Obama is overstepping his bounds (and to ignore how his precedessors often did the same). It's just another tired rhetorical twist. Give it a rest.

Hopefully reps will be able to stop Obama from finishing the job of destroying the economy that he has embarked on.

I think we can hand that trophy over to the GW

Hopefully reps will be able to stop Obama from finishing the job of destroying the economy that he has embarked on.

I wonder what life would be like if I lived in your phony...make believe world.

Obama destroyed the economy .....the roaring vibrant economy handed to him by bush???

Obama has done a very decent job....considering the mess he inherited ..plus the walls set up my the republicans as he tries to fix things.

I'm going watch again if the republicans are going to double-down on stupidity with the debt ceiling issue ...and allow the country's credit rating to sink.

Wow. That's a bit risky, given that climate change is a fact the GOP is doing its damnedest to ignore.

I predict lots of embarrassing gaffes by clueless Representatives.

That's the issue with climate change. Climate always changes so nobody will be able to debunk that. It's insane to think that the climate will always be the same. The issue is that many, yourself evidently included, think that anthropogenic global warming is fact, which in scientific terms is not true. It's a theory and the science isn't settled.

I encourage you to read this article. WECN May 2007

That's the issue with climate change. Climate always changes so nobody will be able to debunk that. It's insane to think that the climate will always be the same. The issue is that many, yourself evidently included, think that anthropogenic global warming is fact, which in scientific terms is not true. It's a theory and the science isn't settled.

I encourage you to read this article. WECN May 2007

An old weatherman doesn't understand modern science, and you hold that up as an example of something?

Did you notice that EVERY significant scientific organization in the world has basically stated CAGW (or if you prefer, Climate Change due to CO2 emissions) is real and a future problem? Not one organization says the opposite. None.

Look at National Geographic. NASA. NOAA. Scientific American. It's accepted as factually as evolution, or gravity, or the existence of electrons.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

It's not a controversial issue in science. At all.

I wonder what life would be like if I lived in your phony...make believe world.

Obama destroyed the economy .....the roaring vibrant economy handed to him by bush???

Obama has done a very decent job....considering the mess he inherited ..plus the walls set up my the republicans as he tries to fix things.

I'm going watch again if the republicans are going to double-down on stupidity with the debt ceiling issue ...and allow the country's credit rating to sink.

Obama was handed a golden opportunity with all the new oil technology that came on line on his watch and we could be in an oil boom instead of this economic quagmire we are in if he wasn't obsessed with AGW.

1) Policies that can be modified by executive decision can be modified by any subsequent President.
2) Policies that can be modified by executive decision can be modified by subsequent legislation by Congress, or in some cases State authorities.
3) The only way any President can make a decision like that is if the laws were already written to grant the President that ability.

It is rational (albeit almost certainly inspired by partisanship) for Congress to hold a hearing, to find out what climate change policies the Obama administration has planned. If anything oversteps legal bounds, it can be challenged in court; if Congress really doesn't like it, and they have the votes, they can change it via legislation.

It may rev you up to insist that Obama is overstepping his bounds (and to ignore how his precedessors often did the same). It's just another tired rhetorical twist. Give it a rest.

Will the "somene else once did something like that" argument never cease?

What policy or policies did GW implement that ruined the economy /

Here are some things I hold him to count for:

Deregulated Wall Street
Cut Taxes For The Wealthy
Ran Up A Tab On Two Wars
The Starve the Beast technique= greater deficit spending

BTW:
When Bush was elected in 2000, he inherited a federal budget surplus of $236 billion from the Clinton Administration.in 2008, after eight years of George W. Bush, the federal budget deficit soared to $454.8 billion almost triple the $161.5 billion recorded in fiscal year 2007.

when President Obama came to power, he inherited a budget deficit of $1.2 trillion.

How's that for a start

Here are some things I hold him to count for:

Deregulated Wall Street
Cut Taxes For The Wealthy
Ran Up A Tab On Two Wars
The Starve the Beast technique= greater deficit spending

BTW:
When Bush was elected in 2000, he inherited a federal budget surplus of $236 billion from the Clinton Administration.in 2008, after eight years of George W. Bush, the federal budget deficit soared to $454.8 billion almost triple the $161.5 billion recorded in fiscal year 2007.

when President Obama came to power, he inherited a budget deficit of $1.2 trillion.

How's that for a start

The Bush economy was great until the housing collapse brought on by the dems and their mandatory sub prime lending fiasco.

The Bush economy was great until the housing collapse brought on by the dems and their mandatory sub prime lending fiasco.

Which wouldn't have happened if regulations hadn't been rolled back. As usual GOP puts corporate profit first.

Back
Top Bottom