• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican who refuses to bend the knee to Trump surges in Ohio Senate race

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Republican who refuses to bend the knee to Trump surges in Ohio Senate race​

Matt Dolan, who wants the former president to stop pushing "lies about the outcome" of the 2020 election, is showing a late burst of momentum.

The field of candidates chasing Ohio’s GOP Senate nomination has pledged allegiance to former President Donald Trump and beaten a path to Mar-a-Lago.

But not Matt Dolan. The state senator has declined to kiss the ring, and instead run as a traditional conservative — pouring $10.6 million of his own money into the effort.

snip

His opponents in Mandel and Vance are a couple of craven lunatics, splitting the craven lunatic base.

I could certainly end up wrong, but I think Vance will get this one next week and rather easily.

I could certainly end up wrong, but I think Vance will get this one next week and rather easily.
Who can resist someone that goes from Trump is Hitler to Trump is the best POTUS in my lifetime in four short years?

Yet they call the one who speaks out a RINO!

Republican who refuses to bend the knee to Trump surges in Ohio Senate race​

Matt Dolan, who wants the former president to stop pushing "lies about the outcome" of the 2020 election, is showing a late burst of momentum.

The field of candidates chasing Ohio’s GOP Senate nomination has pledged allegiance to former President Donald Trump and beaten a path to Mar-a-Lago.

But not Matt Dolan. The state senator has declined to kiss the ring, and instead run as a traditional conservative — pouring $10.6 million of his own money into the effort.

snip
I was impressed until I got to this, which is where I stopped...

Yet Dolan has been careful to highlight that he considers himself a Trump supporter. Throughout the campaign, Dolan’s staff has been “dogged” about seeking corrections to any news reports that referred to Dolan as anti-Trump or a Never Trumper, according to a person working on the campaign. They would explain to reporters that Dolan had twice voted for Trump — unlike Vance — and that Dolan has said he would do so again if Trump were the nominee. Dolan has also said that he would not have voted to convict Trump in an impeachment trial.

Just another double-talking Republican.

Back
Top Bottom