• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Terrorist Eric Rudolph Gets Life!

XBomb

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Nearly nine years after setting off the bomb that disrupted the 1996 Summer Olympics, Republican terrorist Eric Rudolph was sentenced to four life terms in prison Monday.

The Republican terrorist pleaded guilty earlier this year and was sentenced last month to life for the 1998 bombing of an abortion clinic in Alabama that killed a police officer and maimed a nurse. Monday's hearing covered the Olympic blast, a bombing at a gay nightclub in Atlanta and another at an abortion clinic in Atlanta in 1997. One woman was killed and more than 100 people were injured by the Olympic bomb.

I would have liked to see him express sympathy for the other bombings, but it was a good first step that he was able to admit that what he did at the olympic games was wrong.

It is wrong to call him the Republican terrorist. He is jsut some guy who happens to also identify with that group of people and thus we can't just brand him that. He is a terrorist, and that is all. Be fair.

I've noticed that no one will call him a Christian terrorist even though that's what he is. Islamic terrorists is ok, but Christian terrorist is taboo.

scottyz said:
I've noticed that no one will call him a Christian terrorist even though that's what he is. Islamic terrorists is ok, but Christian terrorist is taboo.

He IS a Christian terrorist...I condemn him...I would've been OK with the Death Penalty also....

The generalizations of "Republican" and "Christian" is insulting. It is made to push the point that he is a repesentative of the viewpoints shared by these two groups, which is plain ignorance.

This thread's purpose was to inflame and cause these groups to go into some sort of "defense mode".

It must surprise you that as a Republican and a Christian I would condemn him because of this "groupthink" mentality you believe we have, but, hopefully, you will see that this is not the case...

Honestly, I don't believe that will happen...

ShamMol said:
It is wrong to call him the Republican terrorist. He is jsut some guy who happens to also identify with that group of people and thus we can't just brand him that. He is a terrorist, and that is all. Be fair.

If he had been an environmental activist who bombed a logging company, Ann Coulter would be calling him a liberal terrorist. In fact, it was Bush who said, "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists...," basically calling anyone who disagreed with him a terrorist sympathizer. I'm just stooping to their level.

XBomb said:
If he had been an environmental activist who bombed a logging company, Ann Coulter would be calling him a liberal terrorist. In fact, it was Bush who said, "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists...," basically calling anyone who disagreed with him a terrorist sympathizer. I'm just stooping to their level.
Well don't, it demeans us all. Seriously, don't stoop to her level of all levels.

Call him what he is- a terrorist, nothing more, nothing less. He is a nutjob who thought god wanted him to do stuff that was wrong.

XBomb said:
Hey he was getting revenge, just on the wrong people. He should have done his attack elsewhere. Yes he should recieve the death penalty. But by the way, how did Bush get into the topic? I thought we were talking eco-terrorists attacking him, he attacks back? Is this another "All roads lead to Bush" schemes, because if it is, then you are no better than he is. And are no better than any other extremist. :beer:

cnredd said:
He IS a Christian terrorist...I condemn him...I would've been OK with the Death Penalty also....

The generalizations of "Republican" and "Christian" is insulting. It is made to push the point that he is a repesentative of the viewpoints shared by these two groups, which is plain ignorance.

This thread's purpose was to inflame and cause these groups to go into some sort of "defense mode".

It must surprise you that as a Republican and a Christian I would condemn him because of this "groupthink" mentality you believe we have, but, hopefully, you will see that this is not the case...

Why is it not okay to bomb or kill doctors who do perform abortions or clinics thereof?

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Why is it not okay to bomb or kill doctors who do perform abortions or clinics thereof?
So you approve of terrorists and terrorism? Maybe Bin Laden has an opening for you...

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:

If you don't know, then it's not worth telling you...

If you DO know, but are asking it to somehow corner me, then's it's not worth telling you...

I believe I've made myself clear...

I am a Conservative who usually votes Republican who says he should have gotten the death penalty................

Originally Posted by Youve Got To Be Kidding!

Please read his poll. On there you all will find some very interesting posts. This guy said in his own posts that he would rather kill a innocent baby then a murderer/rapist type of criminal.

Bin laden would love this guy

I am a Conservative who usually votes Republican who says he should have gotten the death penalty................

I agree I would do the same thing

ShamMol said:
Well don't, it demeans us all. Seriously, don't stoop to her level of all levels.

Call him what he is- a terrorist, nothing more, nothing less. He is a nutjob who thought god wanted him to do stuff that was wrong.
But I hope that you aren't denying that he also is a republican, christian and prolife?

cnredd said:

Definitely right. As much as some threads are launched for the same reason against leftists, and are as absurd. Happily enough, there are poeple from both sides of the aisle to denounce that.

Hopefully, he will read your posts. Then, I honestly think it will happen.

Now, for the thread..

Terrorism can be sliced in two different kind of groups. Those who defend their country against an invader, and those who want to grab power for themselves.

First group: european resistance against nazism during WWII, Nelson Mandela's movement in the apartheided South Africa, etc.. These are freedom fighters not terrorists (except for the invaders, that is..) Please note that, as I don't want to start a flame war (wishfull thinking? :cool: ), I don't talk 'bout the Iraqi resistance..

Second group: RAF, Brigade Rosso, Al Quaeda, Zarqawi, etc.. Those just don't care for anyone else than themselves. They want the power, that's all.

There are quite a few groups in between those lines (IRA and ETA are the first that come to my mind), with the members belonging to the first group, and the "staff" belonging to the second one.

This is of course a very raw analysis, but it's getting late over here. More tomorrow? :2wave:

CU
Y

SKILMATIC said:
Please read his poll. On there you all will find some very interesting posts. This guy said in his own posts that he would rather kill a innocent baby then a murderer/rapist type of criminal.

Bin laden would love this guy
" SKILMATIC
Educator

I just hope you don't educate the children of people I love.. Too much weed is too much, and your tolerance level seems quite low.

Well, there must be a bit of everything in a world, I suppose. Even people who equate pro-right and Bin Laden. Thinking of it, it's a shitty world.

Y

Back
Top Bottom