• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican support base

livefree

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It has become totally obvious that the Republican party elite has chosen to embrace as their primary support base, that portion of the population that swims up from the shallow end of the gene pool. The current divide in this country seems to lie mostly between those who are smart enough to understand the complexities of the world situation and see thru the lies and propaganda, and those who are too stupid, foolish and prejudiced to understand anything but slogans and spin-room talking-points. It's not just IQ type intelligence though. It is a kind of heart intelligence too, that includes compassion and empathy with even those who are very different from you. Those higher qualities don't develop in people who are so stuck in fear and greed that they condone and support aggressive war, torture and economic imperialism, if it feathers their nest. It's a shame really, because many of the simple people of moderate intelligence in America do have good hearts basically but they have been so terribly misled by false 'profits' and so bamboozled by fast talking political liars that they support atrocities and think that they are being patriotic. It is refreshing to see that so many people are starting to wake up from the neo/con spell and are starting to see the truth behind the lies and crimes of the BushCorp Administration.

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

so, your basically saying that anyone who is a republican is as dumb as a brick, is racist and loves to kill people, not to mention likes to steal everyone's money and lie to them. i rather resent that. that is not what republicans are about. its what many people what others to think. that's something my high school government teacher told me about. the party that is out, ie the democrats right now, are always trying to make the in party ie the Republicans look really bad so that they can get back in. that's most of what all of the whoo haaa is about. all the name calling, mud throwing and lies. where is your evidence?? proof? that is what is lacking. you can talk and yell till you are blue in the face, but where is the evidence? these attacks seem baseless to me. take that to court and they will laugh you out of the courtroom. sadly, enough some people will follow that. that is their choice.
also, what would you have proposed? let Saddam Hussein stay in power and kill millions more innocent people? let Osama Bin Ladin have free run of the world? i am not attacking anyone's party or believes, just posing hypotheticals.

t125eagle said:
so, your basically saying that anyone who is a republican is as dumb as a brick, is racist and loves to kill people, not to mention likes to steal everyone's money and lie to them.
No, not every Republican, just the ones who still support the neo/con perversion of the real conservatism that the Republicans once stood for.

t125eagle said:
where is your evidence?? proof? that is what is lacking. you can talk and yell till you are blue in the face, but where is the evidence? these attacks seem baseless to me.
The evidence has been presented so widely at this point that if you can't see it then you are unfortunately one of the bamboozled idiots I was talking about.

t125eagle said:
also, what would you have proposed? let Saddam Hussein stay in power and kill millions more innocent people? let Osama Bin Ladin have free run of the world? i am not attacking anyone's party or believes, just posing hypotheticals.
Saddam did not "kill millions", unless you count all the Iraqi and Iranian soldiers who died their war (1980-88). Stop watching FauxNews and try to get a grip on reality. Actually, since Bush dropped the ball, Osama Bin Laden does seem to have free run of the world. Exactly how do you imagine that we as Americans are better off for having invaded Iraq?

livefree said:
Stop watching FauxNews and try to get a grip on reality.

Fox News has more viewers than all the other cable news networks combined, they must be doing something (no pun intended) right.

livefree said:
Actually, since Bush dropped the ball, Osama Bin Laden does seem to have free run of the world.

ACTUALLY, bin Laden pretty much had free run of the world during the Clinton administration. He hasn't been up to much at all after 9-11.

livefree said:
No, not every Republican, just the ones who still support the neo/con perversion of the real conservatism that the Republicans once stood for.

What is a neocon? it seams like u have no idea what a neocon is and it is one of those catch words you conforming neoliberals use! lol

AK_Conservative said:
What is a neocon?
At this point in time, neo/con pretty much equals wacko, Armageddon-loving neo/fascist.
I can get along with some old school conservatives who believe in fiscal responsibility, good stewardship of the land, concern for coming generations, keeping the government out of people's private business, good educational systems, and respect for international law and humanitarian standards. Unfortunately these people lost control of their party to corporate stooges with a hidden agenda, and loony faux-Christian power junkies.

livefree said:
At this point in time, neo/con pretty much equals wacko, Armageddon-loving neo/fascist.
I can get along with some old school conservatives who believe in fiscal responsibility, good stewardship of the land, concern for coming generations, keeping the government out of people's private business, good educational systems, and respect for international law and humanitarian standards. Unfortunately these people lost control of their party to corporate stooges with a hidden agenda, and loony faux-Christian power junkies.
You've made 10 posts and have made enemies already? I wonder what your next move is? SO HOW WOULD YOU RUN THE COUNTRY MR ELITEIST?

The Real McCoy said:
Fox News has more viewers than all the other cable news networks combined, they must be doing something (no pun intended) right.
And I suppose, to you, "doing something right" is the same as 'getting it right'? The Chinese Communist central TV news has more viewers than FauxNews. Does that mean that they're telling the truth? I'm sure Herr Goebels' radio broadcasts had the best ratings in Germany (at the beginning of the war, anyway).

The Real McCoy said:
ACTUALLY, bin Laden pretty much had free run of the world during the Clinton administration. He hasn't been up to much at all after 9-11.
ACTUALLY, Bin Laden has been laying the groundwork for the next big retaliatory attack on American cities. It won't look like much 'till it happens but when it does, it's going to worse than we can imagine. Osama figures that the USA has caused the death of 2 or 3 million Muslims and he wants to balance the books. He did offer peace if we would stop attacking Muslims. He laid out his case against America before the world right before the last election but then said they wouldn't attack us again if we didn't attack them. Two days later Bush was re-elected (sort of) and immediately launched the massive attack that leveled Fallujah. When we here in the US suffer some massive counter-attack that destroys several cities at the same time, very few people in the world will have much sympathy for us.

livefree said:
The current divide in this country seems to lie mostly between those who are smart enough to understand the complexities of the world situation and see thru the lies and propaganda, and those who are too stupid, foolish and prejudiced to understand anything but slogans and spin-room talking-points.

Oh the irony...

stsburns said:
You've made 10 posts and have made enemies already?
Enemies, smemenies. Are you here to debate or to make friends?

livefree said:
Enemies, smemenies. Are you here to debate or to make friends?
Enemies, we need enemines!!!!!!-Warhammer Chaos /sarcasm

NOPE, but your first few posts determine on how you will be viewed?

What you can't take a little critisism? :mrgreen:

AK_Conservative said:
What is a neocon?
This explains it a little more fully.

Neo-Con Torture Rhetoric Alarmingly Mirrors Nazi Counterparts

Watching the Watchers | January 26 2005
http://propagandamatrix.com/articles/january2005/260105alarminglymirrors.htm

This so-called ill treatment and torture in detention centers, stories of which were spread everywhere among the people, and later by the prisoners who were freed… were not, as some assumed, inflicted methodically, but were excesses committed by individual prison guards, their deputies, and men who laid violent hands on the detainees.

Can anyone tell me who said that? Was it:

A) George W. Bush
B) John Ashcroft
C) Donald Rumsfeld
D) Someone else

If you answered “someone else", you’d be right. It was Rudolf Hoess, SS Kommandant of the infamous Auschwitz death camp where over 2.5 million people were murdered.

Conservatives, who love to call Liberals whiny, get whiny as hell when the Bush administration is compared to Nazi Germany, or to fascism in general. Guess what, though? The comparisons are beginning to come through more and more.

Scott Horton wrote in the LA Times:

Consider the memorandum written by Alberto Gonzales – then the president’s attorney, now his nominee for attorney general. He wrote that the Geneva Convention was “obsolete” when it came to the war on terror. Gonzales reasoned that our adversaries were not parties to the convention and that the Geneva concept was ill suited to anti-terrorist warfare.

In 1941, General-Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel, the head of Hitler’s Wehrmacht, mustered identical arguments against recognizing the Geneva rights of Soviet soldiers fighting on the Eastern Front. Keitel even called Geneva “obsolete,” a remark noted by U.S. prosecutors at Nuremberg, who cited it as an aggravating circumstance in seeking, and obtaining, the death penalty. Keitel was executed in 1946.

Hitler was installed, then re-elected. Bush was installed, then re-elected. Hitler had Reichstag, Bush had 9/11. (I am not implying government collusion in 9/11, FYI) Both used their respective catastrophes to assume more power (Hitler with the Enabling Act, Bush with the USA PATRIOT Act), and to assume dictatorial powers.

Hitler used Christianity to give his words absolute authority and decried any who dissented as unpatriotic. Bush uses Christianity to give his words absolute authority and decries any who dissent as unpatriotic.

Hitler said:

“The German people are not a warlike nation. It is a soldierly one, which means it does not want a war, but does not fear it. It loves peace but also loves its honor and freedom”

Bush said:

We’re pursuing a strategy of freedom around the world, because I understand free nations will reject terror. Free nations will answer the hopes and aspirations of their people. Free nations will help us achieve the peace we all want.

I have rejected this type of comparison of Bush to Hitler for months, because Hitler was a genocidal maniac bent on ruling the world with his ideology. I submit this comparison now because I believe the same to be true of George W. Bush.

George W. Bush will have his empire, and he will kill any person, group, or country that stands in his way. I challenge any of you to tell me why that is not so, as he has already proved it.

Send comments to the author at watchingthewatchers@gmail.com

Original at http://watchingthewatchers.org/index.php?p=283

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)

Comrade Brian said:
Friends.....
Cool. But this place is called "Debate Politics". I think you're looking for 'friendster.com'.
Here, I figured, I could speak what's on my mind and call a spade, a spade.

livefree said:
And I suppose, to you, "doing something right" is the same as 'getting it right'? The Chinese Communist central TV news has more viewers than FauxNews. Does that mean that they're telling the truth? I'm sure Herr Goebels' radio broadcasts had the best ratings in Germany (at the beginning of the war, anyway).

Your logic is mindboggling. First of all, China has over 4 times the population of the U.S. and secondly, their media is state controlled unlike here in the good old U.S. where we actually have freedom of the press and privately owned television netwokrs.

livefree said:
ACTUALLY, Bin Laden has been laying the groundwork for the next big retaliatory attack on American cities. It won't look like much 'till it happens but when it does, it's going to worse than we can imagine.

With what resources? The al-Qaeda network has been devastated and the best those fools can come up with is strapping homemade bombs to themselves and running out into crowds, blowing themselves up.

livefree said:
Osama figures that the USA has caused the death of 2 or 3 million Muslims and he wants to balance the books. He did offer peace if we would stop attacking Muslims. He laid out his case against America before the world right before the last election but then said they wouldn't attack us again if we didn't attack them. Two days later Bush was re-elected (sort of) and immediately launched the massive attack that leveled Fallujah. When we here in the US suffer some massive counter-attack that destroys several cities at the same time, very few people in the world will have much sympathy for us.

How the HELL is bin Laden going to destroy several U.S. cities?! You give him WAY too much credit.

Bill Clinton did next to nothing to stop the growth of the al-Qaeda network despite the WTC being bombed, despite several U.S. embasies being destroyed and despite one of our naval ships being attacked. Clinton had 8 years to do something about it and you lefties try blaming Bush for 9-11.

How can u say most republican supporters are not smart. First off their are probably more dumb democrats than republicans. Im not saying most democrats just a good percentage. How do I support this. Well a most people who are on well-fare did not finish high school. Also most people on well-fare are democratic. My next point is not intended to be racist just a fact at this moment but will hopefully change. Most meixcans and blacks vote democratic. According to statistics there are more smart whites than blacks and mexicans. This could change but it is just a statistic. Most blacks and mexicans vote democratic.

I know you are going to say most southerners and vote republican and there not smart. But there is no proof there not. People just say there not as smart because of their accent.

To claim that most republicans are ignorants, renecks, racists, greedy rich guys, etc. is just as ludicrous as saying that most democrats are potheads, criminals, homosexuals, welfare recipients, etc.

The Real McCoy said:
How the HELL is bin Laden going to destroy several U.S. cities?! You give him WAY too much credit.
"How the hell are a few guys with box-cutters going to bring down one of the tallest buildings in the world? Ridiculous!!!"

livefree said:
"How the hell are a few guys with box-cutters going to bring down one of the tallest buildings in the world? Ridiculous!!!"
Your proof is? :confused: Thought so?

Saddam did not "kill millions", unless you count all the Iraqi and Iranian soldiers who died their war (1980-88). Stop watching FauxNews and try to get a grip on reality.

livefree...don't forget about the Kurds. Hussien gassed them. That is why i said millions, because its affect hit a wide range of people. Also, think of how many enemies of the state that have been liquidated in Iraq. All of those that did not support his policies, those that had been in opposing parties, all of those that had secrets that Saddam did not want to let out. just a thought.

livefree said:

Well, first they received pilot training. Then, they boarded planes, infiltrated the cockpits, did away with the pilots, took control of the aircraft and flew them into the World Trade Center towers. :2wave:

livefree said:
Stop watching FauxNews and try to get a grip on reality.
The Real McCoy said:
Fox News has more viewers than all the other cable news networks combined, they must be doing something right.
livefree said:
The Real McCoy said:
Your logic is mindboggling. First of all, China has over 4 times the population of the U.S. and secondly, their media is state controlled unlike here in the good old U.S. where we actually have freedom of the press and privately owned television netwokrs.
Your inability to comprehend logic is mindboggling. You assert that just because FauxNews has (at this point in time) more viewers than other cable news channels, then "they must be doing something right". I point out some basic fallacies in that argument by mentioning that ChiCom TV has even more viewers than Faux and that Nazi propaganda shows had great ratings at one time. I'll spell that out for you since you seem to be having some difficulty understanding it. Ratings have no direct correspondence to the accuracy and truth of what is being said. Even more important though was the distinction I drew between 'doing something right', which could just mean better advertising or a livelier format or something, and 'getting it right', which means responsible journalism that actually reports the news in a balanced way rather than the constant spin, distortions, one-sided presentations, outright lies and total disregard for the truth that characterizes FauxNews.

livefree said:
Your inability to comprehend logic is mindboggling. You assert that just because FauxNews has (at this point in time) more viewers than other cable news channels, then "they must be doing something right". I point out some basic fallacies in that argument by mentioning that ChiCom TV has even more viewers than Faux and that Nazi propaganda shows had great ratings at one time. I'll spell that out for you since you seem to be having some difficulty understanding it. Ratings have no direct correspondence to the accuracy and truth of what is being said. Even more important though was the distinction I drew between 'doing something right', which could just mean better advertising or a livelier format or something, and 'getting it right', which means responsible journalism that actually reports the news in a balanced way rather than the constant spin, distortions, one-sided presentations, outright lies and total disregard for the truth that characterizes FauxNews.

Could you please provide some examples of these outright lies that Fox News tells?

t125eagle said:
what would you have proposed? let Osama Bin Ladin have free run of the world?
livefree said:
Actually, since Bush dropped the ball, Osama Bin Laden does seem to have free run of the world.
The Real McCoy said:
livefree said:
ACTUALLY, Bin Laden has been laying the groundwork for the next big retaliatory attack on American cities. It won't look like much 'till it happens but when it does, it's going to worse than we can imagine. Osama figures that the USA has caused the death of 2 or 3 million Muslims and he wants to balance the books. He did offer peace if we would stop attacking Muslims. He laid out his case against America before the world right before the last election but then said they wouldn't attack us again if we didn't attack them. Two days later Bush was re-elected (sort of) and immediately launched the massive attack that leveled Fallujah. When we here in the US suffer some massive counter-attack that destroys several cities at the same time, very few people in the world will have much sympathy for us.
The Real McCoy said:
livefree said:
The Real McCoy said:
Well, first they received pilot training. Then, they boarded planes, infiltrated the cockpits, did away with the pilots, took control of the aircraft and flew them into the World Trade Center towers.
Since you seem totally clueless as to what is going on here, I'm offering these clues for your education and edification.
irony • noun 1. The expression of meaning through the use of language which normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous effect. 2. A sort of humor, ridicule, or light sarcasm, which adopts a mode of speech the meaning of which is contrary to the literal sense of the words.
sarcasm - noun 1. remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride. 2. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt. 3. the use of remarks which clearly mean the opposite of what they say, and which are made in order to criticize something in an amusing way:

livefree said:
Since you seem totally clueless as to what is going on here, I'm offering these clues for your education and edification.
irony • noun 1. The expression of meaning through the use of language which normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous effect. 2. A sort of humor, ridicule, or light sarcasm, which adopts a mode of speech the meaning of which is contrary to the literal sense of the words.
sarcasm - noun 1. remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride. 2. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt. 3. the use of remarks which clearly mean the opposite of what they say, and which are made in order to criticize something in an amusing way:

Were those definitions for your own enlightenment? Your sarcasm didn't pass me unnoticed but evidently you missed mine

Originally Posted by The Real McCoy
Well, first they received pilot training. Then, they boarded planes, infiltrated the cockpits, did away with the pilots, took control of the aircraft and flew them into the World Trade Center towers.

I caught the inflection of your question...

Originally Posted by livefree

...and I simply responded accordingly.

Now could you please provide some evidence supporting your ludicrous claim that bin Laden is planning to destroy several US cities?

Back
Top Bottom