• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Steve King ousted from House panels over race remarks

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46872613

US Republican Steve King has been stripped of his congressional committee seats over comments he made about white supremacy.

Republican leaders in the US House of Representatives voted to remove the Iowa congressman from the Judiciary, Agriculture and Small Business panels.
=======================================================
My question is why this avowed bigot has stayed in these assignments for all these years.

Good for the Republican Senate. I hope they did it out of ethics, and not just for optics.

Good for the Republican Senate. I hope they did it out of ethics, and not just for optics.

Perhaps a little of both?

He should be forced to change his name because every time I see him in a thread, I think of Stephen King.

lol

King believed it was his time to safely come out of the closet so much that he could actually, in words, defend white supremacy. King will serve as a reminder to other Republicans that you can be a white supremacist, you can say and repeat white supremacist rhetoric, and you can push for white supremacist policies. You can, like the current President, blow all the white supremacist dog whistles in the universe...but you can't actually say the words, "Hi, I'm a white supremacist and white supremacy is super cool."

He should be forced to change his name because every time I see him in a thread, I think of Steven King.

lol

Stephen King has already voiced that wish.

King believed it was his time to safely come out of the closet so much that he could actually, in words, defend white supremacy. King will serve as a reminder to other Republicans that you can be a white supremacist, you can say and repeat white supremacist rhetoric, and you can push for white supremacist policies. You can, like the current President, blow all the white supremacist dog whistles in the universe...but you can't actually say the words, "Hi, I'm a white supremacist and white supremacy is super cool."

King is the perfect example of how Trump enables White Supremacists. They feel "comfortable" coming out now that Trump is president.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46872613

US Republican Steve King has been stripped of his congressional committee seats over comments he made about white supremacy.

Republican leaders in the US House of Representatives voted to remove the Iowa congressman from the Judiciary, Agriculture and Small Business panels.
=======================================================
My question is why this avowed bigot has stayed in these assignments for all these years.

Wow, looks like the shelf life of tolerance of knuckle-draggers like King and Gohmert is coming to an end. Finally!

Back
Top Bottom