• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican senators introduce bill to block settlement payments to separated illegal immigrants

in the initial interview, if they have them, yes, they are told to provide them. If they don't the consulate for their corresponding country will provide them. DNA can be done very quickly as well. I don't need to read a link and provide it to you, because I know how this works firsthand. My in-laws all came via asylum. They of course brought kids with them. My sister-in-law had her daughter and son with her. My deceased brother-in-law's son was in tow with his grandmother. I had all of their birth certificates, the reports from the news and other evidence for their case. I provided all of this to the asylum officer in charge of their case. You do realize they have the ability to verify....the US isn't the only country in the world with ID, birth certificates and fingerprints.
Also, as I already pointed out to you, smugglers have no interest in staying in the US. They aren't vying for coming here and staying. The reason they exist is to drop people across the border and make money. They don't want to stay, because that means they make no money.

I hope that you and your family members are all happy and safe.

This article presents the problems possible. A few dozen DNA tests performed on several tens of thousands who enter.

In the specific cases of your family, did enter undocumented and without due process walking across the southern US border?

none of those countries are safe. My husband was kidnapped in one of those countries. He was only released when we paid up.

I hope that he and you are now safe and okay.

As I said, the USA is a pretty good place to live.

It would be nice if all countries were founded on the same principles and strove to maintain the same freedoms and responsibilities.

Pipe dream or not, they are under COURT ORDER to conduct DNA testing before separating a parent and child...

On the first issue, Defendants explain that DHS has implemented a pilot program using Rapid DNA technology, which can determine parentage in approximately ninety minutes. (Opp’n to Mot. at 11.) This program has been implemented in seven locations along the border, but Defendants state “operational concerns” have prevented a wholesale adoption of this program across the entire border. (Id.) It is unclear exactly what these “operational concerns” are, especially when it appears Defendants are preparing for DNA testing of immigrants being held in detention centers across the country. See Daniella Silva, Trump admin to broadly expand DNA collection of migrants in custody, NBC News (October 2, 2019, 12:51 PM), https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-admin- broadly-expand-dna-collection-migrants-custody-n1061471. Nevertheless, if testing is not available at a particular facility, Defendants can transfer the family to a facility where that testing is available, or take swabs from the parent and child and send the swabs for testing, as they did with Ms. L. and her daughter. Given the right at issue here, the harm that parents and children suffer when they are separated, and the undisputed speed, accuracy and availability of DNA testing, the Court finds Defendants must conduct DNA testing before separating an adult from a child based on parentage concerns. Such testing, in service to the fundamental right at issue, is clearly warranted. It is also an efficient and definitive way to resolve any concerns about fraudulent documentation. (See Opp’n to Mot., Ex. 2 (Decl. of Lloyd Easterling, Div. Chief, U.S. Border Patrol, RGV Sector (“Easterling Decl.”) ¶¶ 34-36 (explaining CBP concerns about fraudulent documentation and child trafficking, efforts to verify validity of documents through the consulate and other law enforcement agencies, and transfer of child to ORR when parentage “cannot be validated within a reasonable period of time.”)

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6316323/509/ms-l-v-us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement/

The highlighted portion is the operative point.

By what method is the relationship proven.

We KNOW with certainty that the undocumented are not routinely tested for anything whether it's DNA or Covid.

This is why strong border controls are important and every conservative and liberal developed country has them, except us. The fewer people who are able to cross illegally, the fewer people we have to detain, and the lower the expense for us - whether that expense involves housing them within the US until they can be returned/processed, or paying settlements because of a separation. Our policy should be focused first and foremost on making sure this is Mexico's problem as much as it is ours. In my opinion this should be a bipartisan matter of security and fiduciary responsibility, not a left vs. right issue.

Without strong border controls we forever will be treating symptoms rather than the root cause.

The ‘root cause’ is greatly expanded employment opportunities and state supplied benefits to all residents, regardless of their (illegal) immigration status. Most illegal immigrants did not illegally enter the US (often referred to as ‘got aways’), but simply overstayed their visas or failed to appear for (or schedule) an asylum hearing.

Yes, I did make the choice to make a point. And you made a choice to not read or understand it.

I obviously did not understand whatever it was your words failed to convey.

I asked for clarification.

You refused.

Your choice.

I hope that you and your family members are all happy and safe.

This article presents the problems possible. A few dozen DNA tests performed on several tens of thousands who enter.

In the specific cases of your family, did enter undocumented and without due process walking across the southern US border?
the lawsuits aren't about people entering illegally. In fact, the majority suing came to the port of entry and requested asylum. No, they entered at the Brownsville/Matamoros bridge and requested asylum.

The ‘root cause’ is greatly expanded employment opportunities and state supplied benefits to all residents, regardless of their (illegal) immigration status. Most illegal immigrants did not illegally enter the US (often referred to as ‘got aways’), but simply overstayed their visas or failed to appear for (or schedule) an asylum hearing.

I appreciate and desire the abundant and readily usable supply of water in my home.

I am careful to assure that the roof doesn't leak and the foundation is water tight.

Controlling the leaks does not mean I hate all water.

It FEELS like we could do a better job in controlling the entries to our home.

Two wrongs don't make a right. They were harmed by the United States government, and they deserve compensation.
A free bus ride back across the border.

the lawsuits aren't about people entering illegally. In fact, the majority suing came to the port of entry and requested asylum. No, they entered at the Brownsville/Matamoros bridge and requested asylum.

Again, I hope tat you and your family are successful in finding the happiness you seek.

A free bus ride back across the border.
they aren't from Mexico, so why would they be sent across the border to Mexico? If you are from say the US can we send you back to Cambodia? of course not. Do you know why?

I hope that he and you are now safe and okay.

As I said, the USA is a pretty good place to live.

It would be nice if all countries were founded on the same principles and strove to maintain the same freedoms and responsibilities.

This is sort of funny because so much of the misery these folks face at home is due to us.

This is sort of funny because so much of the misery these folks face at home is due to us.
He doesn't have the ability or desire to understand that. Some folks don't want to know the truth. I respect his well wishes, but his lack of knowledge on this is about par for the course on the right and they have no desire to change the status quo on what they don't know.

Two wrongs don't make a right. They were harmed by the United States government, and they deserve compensation.

If they had not left the s---hole country that they left and tried to enter the US illegally, there would have been no interaction between them and the US whatever.

Their problem is with the s---hole country they left.

Which country in particular do you cite and what policies/actions by the US in particular do you cite?

they aren't from Mexico, so why would they be sent across the border to Mexico? If you are from say the US can we send you back to Cambodia? of course not. Do you know why?
Because they came across the border at Mexico. They found their way there, they can find their way home.

If they had not left the s---hole country that they left and tried to enter the US illegally, there would have been no interaction between them and the US whatever.

Their problem is with the s---hole country they left.
you seriously did not just say that. No interaction? Ever heard of MS13? How about B 316? School of the Americas ring any bells with you? No interaction my ass.

We should insist right-wingers be Legal to existing Constitutional Law regarding our border issue. Right-wingers refuse to apply market friendly public policies every time it comes up.

you seriously did not just say that. No interaction? Ever heard of MS13? How about B 316? School of the Americas ring any bells with you? No interaction my ass.

Okay. So there would have been interaction within the s---hole country the interaction occurred.

I am not arguing in favor of the interventionist policies of the Globalist Butt holes that have and are running our foreign policy.

Seriously? You really, really need to educate yourself on the things we have done in Central and South America.

I know there are outrages. Is there a particular outrage in a particular country that you would care to cite?

I know there are outrages. Is there a particular outrage in a particular country that you would care to cite?
particular? Shall we name how many? Including the most recent love fest between Trump and the drug trafficking scumbag almost former president of Honduras?

particular? Shall we name how many? Including the most recent love fest between Trump and the drug trafficking scumbag almost former president of Honduras?

Trump is no longer in office.

What is the specific incident or policy you might care to cite?

Trump is no longer in office.

What is the specific incident or policy you might care to cite?
just because he is no longer in office does not mean that everything he put in motion ceased to exist, but you knew that right?

Back
Top Bottom