• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Party of Death

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
WILLIAMS: Governor Perry, a question about Texas. Your state has executed 234 death row inmates, more than any other governor in modern times. Have you...
(APPLAUSE)

... What do you make of that dynamic that just happened here, the mention of the execution of 234 people drew applause?

transcript, The Republican Debate at the Reagan Library, Sept. 7, 2011

The Republican Party celebrates death; revels in it. Above is just one of many recent instances where a Republican audience took pleasure in people dying. This is so beyond me I can't comprehend it: a whole, (supposedly) mainstream political party embracing death.

Can anybody provide additional examples? Can anybody explain this behavior?

And the Democrat party supports abortion. Do you view them as hypocrites too? I'm against both the death penalty and abortion, but I don't believe that the Republican party "celebrates death" even though I think their view on the death penalty is misguided.

And the Democrat party supports abortion...

the Democrats support the death of innocent multi-celled orgamisms while the Republicans support the death of innocent adult human beings.

slight.....difference.

the Democrats support the death of innocent multi-celled orgamisms while the Republicans support the death of innocent adult human beings.

slight.....difference.

A man condemned to die usually is not innocent... They are in that situation because they were found guilty of a heinous crime.

You are nothing more than a multi celled organism, I am nothing more than a multi celled organism. Your argument accomplishes nothing.

Michele Bachmann suggested that the HPV vaccine was dangerous. It is not. But because of her comments it is certain that some young women will not be immunized and will face a death by cervical cancer. To me, that's another example of Republican's embrace of death; really a flaunting of death; an attitude of “let 'em die.” It is incomprehensible to me, what the Republican Party has come to represent.

slight.....difference.

Y steel yourself against the destruction of living flesh by looking at it as a "multi-celled organism". Whereas I steel myself against the death of criminals and those who have failed to undertake the preparation for their own care by realizing that they are NOT "innocent adult human beings". In fact, I would suggest that it would be exceptionally difficult to find an "innocent" human being over the age of five in this country, and probably beyond age three.

Claiming the Democrats do it too doesn't address the question about explaining the Republican cult of death. It's just a distraction.

Are we seriously comparing abortion to capital punishment? lol...

Texas doesn't care all that much about protecting the innocent. Whenever there's a death penalty it becomes a feeding frenzy. People get off on it. It's sickening.

What is particularly bewildering about the Republican Party's embrace of capital punishment is that they claim the government is incompetent in everything else but judging whether someone should be put to death; in this, they wholeheartedly endorse government intervention. Go figure!

Are we seriously comparing abortion to capital punishment? lol...

Texas doesn't care all that much about protecting the innocent. Whenever there's a death penalty it becomes a feeding frenzy. People get off on it. It's sickening.
Ridiculous right? Comparing the defense of executing murderers to the defense of slaughtering unborn children for the crime of being 'inconvenient'...how ****ing pathetic can these discussion get?

Yeah, cheering for the death penalty is over the top. I can understand the desire to have a harsh punishment in specific cases; I can even agree with the death penalty in very limited cases.

But to cheer for it and to applaud it being used so often in a single state is uncalled for.
I really hope it was a case of the crowd feeding off of the excitement and making a foolish decision.

Another example of the Republican Party's dance with death is their intention to repeal and not replace the affordable health care act which is already saving lives.

Below the most pure and delusional example, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) is asked what society should do if someone doesn't have health care and requires intensive care.

PAUL: That’s what freedom is all about, taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to prepare and take care of everybody –

(APPLAUSE)

BLITZER: But Congressman, are you saying that society should just let him die?

["Yes!" is called out by several audience members]

transcript, CNN Tea Party Debate, September 12, 2011

The audience is more honest than Ron Paul's reply that charity should be the health coverage of last resort.

This is the Republican Party of the twenty-first century: Let 'em die.

See the video here.

slight.....difference.

You only include numbers. You don't consider innocence, or what those "multi-celled organisms" could be.

In a scientifc way, you ARE a multi-celled organism.

You can't compare abortion to capital punishment. Most liberals believe that the mother should have the choice to keep the child or not. Most of us would hope that they would keep the child. But if circumstances like she was rape come in the equation, then the state should not get involve and tell her what to do. I would think that most tea party republicans would agree considering their view on the government.

Now I am disgusted with the blood thirst that most conservatives have, especially in the bible belt. As a christian, I get so irritated at conservatives when they say that liberals are Godless and yet they view capital punishment as some kind of sport held in the roman colosseum. The execution of Troy Davis is a perfect example of this blood thirst they have. There was too much doubt to take this man's life. At least hold off on execution until it is clear. I would hate to meet my maker one day knowing I took someone's life with doubt still in the air.

And did you notice that Faux News didn't show any coverage on this last night?

slight.....difference.

We support the deaths of oxygen consuming pieces of ****. They stopped being, "human", when they committed their crimes.

We support the deaths of oxygen consuming pieces of ****. They stopped being, "human", when they committed their crimes.

What species are they then? I think they still fall under:

Kingdom - Animalia
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia
Order - Primates
Family - Hominidae
Genus - Homo
Species - Sapiens

therefore, I think they are still classified as humans...

A man condemned to die usually is not innocent... They are in that situation because they were found guilty of a heinous crime.

What about those falsely convicted? Why is that okay?

You mean when they were accused of committing a crime. We both know that people have been sentenced to die for crimes they didn't commit.

List of exonerated death row inmates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How can we condone the murder of innocent people? Our justice system is imperfect, and an executed person cannot be released later on. There is no room for mistakes with the death penalty.

Obama was asked to step in concerning the execution last night. He refused to get involved. Clinton did nothing to try and halt executions when he was president. It's a fallacy to try and claim one side is superior here. Both are wrong.

You can't compare abortion to capital punishment. Most liberals believe that the mother should have the choice to keep the child or not. Most of us would hope that they would keep the child. But if circumstances like she was rape come in the equation, then the state should not get involve and tell her what to do. I would think that most tea party republicans would agree considering their view on the government.

Now I am disgusted with the blood thirst that most conservatives have, especially in the bible belt. As a christian, I get so irritated at conservatives when they say that liberals are Godless and yet they view capital punishment as some kind of sport held in the roman colosseum. The execution of Troy Davis is a perfect example of this blood thirst they have. There was too much doubt to take this man's life. At least hold off on execution until it is clear. I would hate to meet my maker one day knowing I took someone's life with doubt still in the air.

And did you notice that Faux News didn't show any coverage on this last night?[/QUOTE]No...but then...the only people I personally know that watch Fox News are people like you. Very strange, that.

Michele Bachmann suggested that the HPV vaccine was dangerous. It is not. But because of her comments it is certain that some young women will not be immunized and will face a death by cervical cancer. To me, that's another example of Republican's embrace of death; really a flaunting of death; an attitude of “let 'em die.” It is incomprehensible to me, what the Republican Party has come to represent.

And yet, it was another "death loving" Republican who tried to mandate the vaccine. How does THAT fit into your worldview?

And did you notice that Faux News didn't show any coverage on this last night?[/QUOTE]No...but then...the only people I personally know that watch Fox News are people like you. Very strange, that.

I don't watch Faux News. I only reason I change the channel there was because I was curious to see what was their spin on the execution. When I saw that they wasn't covering it, I thought it was kind of strange.

By the way, what are people like me like?

Back
Top Bottom