• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Party of Death

The thread really isn't about the death penalty; it's about the Republican debate audiences clearly relishing it, cheering the killing of 234 people by the state; affirming that the state should, "Let 'em die" if an uninsured person should ever need intensive care; booing a governor acting to protect women from preventable life threatening disease; and, now the latest outrage: booing an American soldier serving in Iraq. To me, these G.O.P. audiences are contemptible; I am ashamed to call them fellow Americans:

Booing our soldiers - what a fantastic group.

Booing our soldiers - what a fantastic group.

Obviously something liberals have never done, right? What a bunch of bs! Liberals the the biggest hypocrites in the world. Our soldiers have been abused by liberals, spit on, yelled at, verbally abused and you get upset over a few booing a soldier? You sure have your priorities screwed up.

Obviously something liberals have never done, right? What a bunch of bs! Liberals the the biggest hypocrites in the world. Our soldiers have been abused by liberals, spit on, yelled at, verbally abused and you get upset over a few booing a soldier? You sure have your priorities screwed up.

I didn't say Conservatives and nowhere did I imply that.

Did you have a similar outrage when our soldiers were booed, spit upon in the past?

Yes. I don't care if the people booing were Liberals. Not everything is hyperpartisan...

Yes. I don't care if the people booing were Liberals. Not everything is hyperpartisan...

If that is the case that is great, just didn't see a lot of liberals with that attitude when the issues were more to their liking. Gay issues somehow seem to trump national security and defense issues with many liberals.

Gay issues somehow seem to trump national security and defense issues with many liberals.
Only to a Conservative do gay issues have anything to do with national security. :roll:

Conservatives don't relish death, that's silly.

However, I do think that since 2008 they have taken quite heartless positions on a wide variety of issues. I'm all for personal accountability and balance, but I don't think that means we have to completely abdicate all government efforts to safeguard and make life better for our neighbors. I would characterize it as an apathy toward the struggles and choices of others, not "relishing" death.

Both parties have their hands soaked in blood as far as Im concerned.

As far as many people are concerned and history shows that both parties are guilty....and that excludes abortion

Did you have a similar outrage when our soldiers were booed, spit upon in the past?

The Spitting Image - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory and the Legacy of Vietnam is a 1998 book by sociologist Jerry Lembcke. The book argues that the common claim that American soldiers were spat upon and insulted by anti-war protesters upon returning home from the Vietnam War is an urban legend intended to discredit the anti-war movement. Lembcke's book argues, further, that posttraumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is a socially-constructed diagnostic category that disparages the image of Vietnam veterans and provided another way to discredit the many veterans in the anti-war movement. Lembcke writes that this discrediting of the anti-war movement was foreshadowed by Hermann Göring's fostering of the stab in the back myth, after Germany's defeat in Europe in 1918.

[clip]

The thread really isn't about the death penalty; it's about the Republican debate audiences clearly relishing it, cheering the killing of 234 people by the state; affirming that the state should, "Let 'em die" if an uninsured person should ever need intensive care; booing a governor acting to protect women from preventable life threatening disease; and, now the latest outrage: booing an American soldier serving in Iraq. To me, these G.O.P. audiences are contemptible; I am ashamed to call them fellow Americans:

It was an awful moment of the night, and I thought Santorum was wrong.

It's also wrong to broadstroke an entire political party because of the awful behavior of a very few.

I think I'd rather kill someone who has committed a heinous crime than be a baby killer, but I'm sure that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom