• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican National Convention

So many Hatch Act violations.

I think Dionne Darko wants to go out with a bang! Like Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Marshall Applewhite, he wants his followers to show their devotion by dying - or at least risking death - for his ego. It's like his campaign is ticking off the prerequisites for a cult on national television:
Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.
Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
The group/leader is always right.
The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
Have they missed anything?

Trumps acceptance speech is scheduled to last over an hour :lol:

Why am I not surprised?

I guess you are used to Biden's short attention span and inability to remain coherent for more than a few minutes.

Now, honestly, I didn't come to my decision in a vacuum, and unlike some here (present company excepted), there are many who comment who retain such a condition in their cranial cavities (in every sense of the word). These are genuine comments arrived at with careful observation, a great deal of consideration and at least some breadth of knowledge both expert and lay, expressed, I hope, with some erudition and clarity. If you are unable to accept a rational, reasonable, and detailed critique of the Party and its candidate, that, I am afraid, is a defect of your own intellect and perspicacity, not my fault. :)

Well said! Any idea when the left will produce one of these genuine comments born of careful observation, etc, etc...?

That would be welcome, in contrast to the disgusting comments born of intense hatred that they've been spewing for over 4 years.

At least I have a good beer while watching.

f0ebe1047dfdc01bfb56768c601a03d2.jpg

Seen on Twitter:

"Donald Trump will never abandon you."

- Donald Trump's 3rd wife.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

they are presented with a sophie's choice for their career

object now, with this president, who ignores staff violations of the hatch act, or comply now and have one's career ended by the next administration for that compliance by following presidential orders

This is an easy one. Illegal orders are illegal orders. Military personnel are bound to follow legal orders.

This is an easy one. Illegal orders are illegal orders. Military personnel are bound to follow legal orders.
Too easy by half.
Those staffers who were assigned to put out the chairs in the Rosegarden for Melania’s speech, they put out the chairs in the Rosegarden as they have been directed.
Who is sitting in those chairs and the reason they are sitting in those chairs that they put out is immaterial to them.
However, who sits in those chairs and why they sit in those chairs determines whether this was an activity covered by the hatch act or not.
The employees do not get to make that call and should not be held responsible for the decision about who sits in the chairs and for what purpose.

As we have seen from Kellyanne Conway‘s repeated violations of the hatch act, it is only enforced if the employee’s supervisor chooses to enforce it. In trump’s instance, he has chosen not to enforce the hatch act

As we have seen from Kellyanne Conway‘s repeated violations of the hatch act, it is only in forced if the employee’s supervisor chooses to enforce it. In trump’s instance, he has chosen not to enforce the hatch act

This is a neat precedent and nobody will ever have cause to regret it.

As we have seen from Kellyanne Conway‘s repeated violations of the hatch act, it is only enforced if the employee’s supervisor chooses to enforce it. In trump’s instance, he has chosen not to enforce the hatch act
In direct violation of his solemn oath... but then, he's never taken oaths seriously.

Back
Top Bottom