• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Majority In Supreme Court Strikes Down Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act

Re: Republican Majority In Supreme Court Strikes Down Section 4 of the Voting Rights

Yes, because requiring something as exotic as an ID to vote is cheating. We all know black people don't have IDs.

Re: Republican Majority In Supreme Court Strikes Down Section 4 of the Voting Rights

Yes, because requiring something as exotic as an ID to vote is cheating. We all know black people don't have IDs.

It's racist to assume black people have IDs.

You know something....that line of utter nonsense is falling on deaf ears. You folks don't seem to realize that Blacks endured 250 years of bonded slavery, 100 years of financial slavery and now they've gotten tired of all of it and are making their way to the voting booth in unbelievable numbers. In Mississippi last election 82% of blacks voted compared to less than 60% of whites. That's what has Republican heads further up their asses......they will try anything. Some blacks, especially in the south, have never even had a birth certificate for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

You know something....that line of utter nonsense is falling on deaf ears. You folks don't seem to realize that Blacks endured 250 years of bonded slavery, 100 years of financial slavery and now they've gotten tired of all of it and are making their way to the voting booth in unbelievable numbers. In Mississippi last election 82% of blacks voted compared to less than 60% of whites. That's what has Republican heads further up their asses......they will try anything. Some blacks, especially in the south, have never even had a birth certificate for obvious reasons.

Slavery happened (and is still happening in many parts of the world) GET OVER IT!

The individual states offer voter ID cards FOR FREE. If you're too stupid or lack the ability to assimilate into modern society, maybe you shouldn't get to vote.

Slavery happened (and is still happening in many parts of the world) GET OVER IT!

The individual states offer voter ID cards FOR FREE. If you're too stupid or lack the ability to assimilate into modern society, maybe you shouldn't get to vote.

I would add that if one forms their political opinions from information garnered from FOXNews or MSNBC or conservative talk radio, they too should be barred from the voting booth.

Hell, I can even streamline the system even more. How about, "Nobody votes but me." Yeah, I like that.

No worries folks. I got this.

I would add that if one forms their political opinions from information garnered from FOXNews or MSNBC or conservative talk radio, they too should be barred from the voting booth.

Hell, I can even streamline the system even more. How about, "Nobody votes but me." Yeah, I like that.

No worries folks. I got this.

You forgot to add the "Daily Show"??:roll:

You forgot to add the "Daily Show"??:roll:
Yeah, the Daily Show for sure.

Oh yeah, Texas too. No Texan voters.

LOL!

Yeah, the Daily Show for sure.

Oh yeah, Texas too. No Texan voters.

LOL!

We could go back to the days when only property owners could vote?

Of course, that might bring up the specter of slavery again. :shock:

That's horse **** and you know it! The ruling of the Republican supreme court makes it possible for individual states to enact any kind of new voter legislation they would like without having to comply with the 1965 mandates. Exactly what the Republican party needs if they are ever going to win another national election.

That's horse **** and you know it! The ruling of the Republican supreme court makes it possible for individual states to enact any kind of new voter legislation they would like without having to comply with the 1965 mandates. Exactly what the Republican party needs if they are ever going to win another national election.

FedGov scrutiny over certain states and counties is all that was removed.

Better start the process to get your Voter ID card NOW>

Um, they could do that before the ruling, so long as they weren't listed in the VRA. So Ohio and Georgia can make the same change, but only Georgia has to get it approved by the feds.

We can hear the seething hatred in your voice. And if you weren't so ****ing ignorant, you'd know that citizens still have the ability to sue if they are disenfranchised.

Texas swiftly enacted their voter ID law shortly after the Court's decision. If a person doesn't have an ID, and they are a citizen of this country, the state of Texas will provide them for free.

Now, give me a good reason why a black person couldn't get one and vote?

We're sick of liberal hyperbole and race baiting. Your exploitive grip on black people is coming to an end. Funny you people call yourselves "progressives", and preach to people telling everyone to move on and "lean forward", but you can't let go of African slavery, women's suffrage, the civil war, or the civil rights era. Time to grow up kids.

This guy doesn't even know what the SC did. All he knows is Jessie Jackson was crying and Obama came out saying it was "devastating", and guys like Campbell crapped their pants and lit their hair on fire. He's so confident that because 82% of blacks voted in Mississippi, this ruling will somehow change that. Thus proving his ignorance of what the court actually did, which was to say the federal government cannot treat 5 or 6 states differently than the others. And here I thought liberals supported "equal treatment under the law"??

FedGov scrutiny over certain states and counties is all that was removed.

Better start the process to get your Voter ID card NOW>

I've had a voter registration card since 1955. You people don't care a damn about anybody except yourself and your precious Republican party. The good news.....the GOP is history and for the last five years all they've done is stand in the way of the president and connive on new ways to cheat. Get this ****!! Everybody sees what you're trying to do and you won't get away with it.

I've had a voter registration card since 1955. You people don't care a damn about anybody except yourself and your precious Republican party. The good news.....the GOP is history and for the last five years all they've done is stand in the way of the president and connive on new ways to cheat. Get this ****!! Everybody sees what you're trying to do and you won't get away with it.

Hahahahaha......the temper tantrum continues.

What is Obama gonna do about it? Sick the IRS on us some more?

.....now that I think about it, he probably will.

And if they don't, let's be honest, it takes 15 min to get one.

15 minutes could save you 15% on car insurance too you racist biggot!!!! Lol.....

No, 15 minutes puts up too big of a hurdle. Even Jessie Owens couldn't have jumped it.

15 minutes could save you 15% on car insurance too you racist biggot!!!! Lol.....

No, 15 minutes puts up too big of a hurdle. Even Jessie Owens couldn't have jumped it.

I know, it's so hard to get those ID's, it is so inconvenient..... Give me a break.

I know, it's so hard to get those ID's, it is so inconvenient..... Give me a break.

Seen news reports where the same people will come from miles and miles away, stand in a long ass line, just to get an Obamaphone.

Or camp out for two days outside a Walmart so they can get something without paying tax on it on Black Friday.

But getting an ID is ridiculous!!!!! IT'S AN OUTRAGE I SAY, AN OUTRAGE!!!!!

And that's why all black people don't have IDs? Ridiculous.

I read this post again and thought of something else, which shoots your opinion clean out of the air. You accuse the right of attempting to suppress the black vote. That's a lie.

Whites are still the majority in this country. They don't need to pass any laws to stifle black's influence. All they have to do is turn out more. Which is easier? Passing laws? Or simply going to vote?

You better pray white people don't become race voters like you, otherwise, it's gonna be a loooooong time before this country ever sees another black man in the White House.

The section 5 requirement was based on old data and needed to be struck down.

The section 5 requirement was based on old data and needed to be struck down.

No, racist republicans are just tryin to suppress voters.....:doh

Back
Top Bottom