• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Majority In Supreme Court Strikes Down Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act

Re: Republican Majority In Supreme Court Strikes Down Section 4 of the Voting Rights

The GOP took a huge amount of flak for even discussing this. Once the list got out, the media attention they got for curtailing access to IDs in Democrat only areas rightfully caused them to reconsider.

I just wanted a source discussing the issue, and there were some points you missed or got wrong.

But regardless, they've kept the DMVs open, which means you now support the voter ID laws right?

Re: Republican Majority In Supreme Court Strikes Down Section 4 of the Voting Rights

What type of ID? Should we have 50 different ID laws, like 50 Chiefs and one little Indian, called the USA?
Funny, everybody seems to be focusing on the ID itself. If somebody is trying to suppress minority votes, that needs to be addressed. Requiring ID is not suppressing anybody, it's insuring the integrity of our elections.

What type of ID? Should we have 50 different ID laws, like 50 Chiefs and one little Indian, called the USA?

It should be up to the states. A photo ID is not an exotic document, and you already need it for just about everything in our society. When you're registered to vote in a state, you usually don't jump around to different states, so it's not hard to inform yourself about your state's voting requirements.

If people legitimately can't afford the ID fee, it should be subsidized. Maybe have an "ID card rodeo" day where buses drive around and pick up lower income people to get their ID. If they don't have an ID they probably don't have a job so they have nothing better to do anyway.

It should be up to the states. A photo ID is not an exotic document, and you already need it for just about everything in our society. When you're registered to vote in a state, you usually don't jump around to different states, so it's not hard to inform yourself about your state's voting requirements.

If people legitimately can't afford the ID fee, it should be subsidized. Maybe have an "ID card rodeo" day where buses drive around and pick up lower income people to get their ID. If they don't have an ID they probably don't have a job so they have nothing better to do anyway.
Especially if they are retired. I wonder how things will change with the advent of Alzheimer's and the elderly being coached and/or barred during voting. And how about those 8-hour lines? Still not fixed are they? The GOP is at it 24/7/365. Their Crusade.

Especially if they are retired. I wonder how things will change with the advent of Alzheimer's and the elderly being coached and/or barred during voting. And how about those 8-hour lines? Still not fixed are they? The GOP is at it 24/7/365. Their Crusade.

Uh huh. You sound a little paranoid. Clearly an 8 hour line is unreasonable. We need to move to a secure, automated computer system. Showing an ID should also speed up the process as it's the quickest and easiest way to verify someone's identity.

We have and WILL have voter IDs in most states. That's a good start to fixing our broken system.

Purging rolls of dead and moved voters is next.

And severe penalties for those who vote multiple times, in different precincts or states, and other vote fraud is coming.

All of this is saner, safer, better than the MAJORITY of americans rioting...and maybe voting with lead!

The Wisconsin story expands voter ID centers that are open a minimum of 20 hours per week to all 72 counties, instead of 30.

So your argument fails on every level.

Just another race bait. You've gotten so used to blacks buying this bull****, you don't know any other way of debating an issue. It's GOTTA be about race. Nothing else.

Kick rocks, your arguments are as stale as month old corn chips.

It's mostly in the southern states where bonded slaves were sold on an auction block, boiled in hot water for "sassin' ol' massa, beaten for looking at a white woman and executed for ****in' one. Anybody who thinks Alabama and Mississippi have gotten over racism should go down there and spend a couple of months hanging out with the local gentry...a couple of weeks would probably do it but months would for sure.

It's mostly in the southern states where bonded slaves were sold on an auction block, boiled in hot water for "sassin' ol' massa, beaten for looking at a white woman and executed for ****in' one. Anybody who thinks Alabama and Mississippi have gotten over racism should go down there and spend a couple of months hanging out with the local gentry...a couple of weeks would probably do it but months would for sure.

First off, this is in Wisconsin. Lol....

Secondly, we see you have no problem mocking the way black slaves supposedly spoke.

Third, it's your choice to cling to slavery of the 1800s. And comparing the slave south of the 1800s with today is it's own brand of stupid.

Today, blacks aren't running around in the south sayin "yessa massa", or "yessa boss", in fear of being hung in trees. Your sensationalism is nothing more than hyperbole and an attempt to use a tragic history to hurt a political party some 150 years later.

It's like me saying, "Japanese people should vote republican because to this day progressive liberals hate them, call them "gooks" and throw them into segregation camps like they did back during the war". Lol....even that isn't as dumb as the **** you say.

Last edited:

Yeah...it was a 5-4 decision( 5 Republicans 4 Democrats) in the U S supreme court that elected George W. Bush too....well, His brother being the governor of Florida and his concubine being the Secretary of State there didn't hurt. Al Gore got over half a million more votes in this country than Bush did but guess what!! Along came slow walkin', slow talkin' George:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

It's called the Electoral College.

First off, this is in Wisconsin. Lol....

Secondly, we see you have no problem mocking the way black slaves supposedly spoke.

Third, it's your choice to cling to slavery of the 1800s. And comparing the slave south of the 1800s with today is it's own brand of stupid.

Today, blacks aren't running around in the south sayin "yessa massa", or "yessa boss", in fear of being hung in trees. Your sensationalism is nothing more than hyperbole and an attempt to use a tragic history to hurt a political party some 150 years later.

It's like me saying, "Japanese people should vote republican because to this day progressive liberals hate them, call them "gooks" and throw them into segregation camps like they did back during the war". Lol....even that isn't as dumb as the **** you say.

Hey Bro. I'm nearly 79 years old. My maternal granddad owned a quarter section of land at the head of the Beech river in west Tennessee...160 acres. All the way up till he died in 1950 a family of blacks named Autry lived in a shack on his farm and got 1/3 of what was made each year for doing the work. Don't you EVER start putting out your absolute bull**** concerning something about which you are totally ignorant. If the Republicans ever get their way any mention of slavery will be removed from the history books. I don't blame them...if I was a racist party in the modern age I would be trying to erase that too.

Hey Bro. I'm nearly 79 years old. My maternal granddad owned a quarter section of land at the head of the Beech river in west Tennessee...160 acres. All the way up till he died in 1950 a family of blacks named Autry lived in a shack on his farm and got 1/3 of what was made each year for doing the work. Don't you EVER start putting out your absolute bull**** concerning something about which you are totally ignorant. If the Republicans ever get their way any mention of slavery will be removed from the history books. I don't blame them...if I was a racist party in the modern age I would be trying to erase that too.

I laugh when I see someone who claims to be 79 years old using words like "bro". But hey bro, how many West Tennessee farms, today, have black families living in shacks on their 160 acre farms that gets 1/3 of the crops they work????

Like I said, this isn't 1950 anymore, much less 1850.

Using YOUR logic, society should punish YOU, because your grandad was a racist bigot. Fair enough? No one is ever going to forget slavery, that doesn't mean that we have to act like slavery is still in existence today, and it certainly doesn't mean that society should use slavery as an exploitive weapon to bash a party that doesn't support slavery!!!!!

You're 79 years old, and still acting like a juvenile. Sometime before your time ends on this Earth, I pray you're able to "let go" of this issue like most of society already has.

Uh huh. You sound a little paranoid. Clearly an 8 hour line is unreasonable. We need to move to a secure, automated computer system. Showing an ID should also speed up the process as it's the quickest and easiest way to verify someone's identity.

I tried to show my driver's ID in a very Repub precinct here in Illinois and was turned down. You'd be paranoid too if you saw precincts of your party's candidate have 8 hour waits. Again, the abuse of the 10th amendment is bringing us down. Please show me a uniform ID law and I will bite.

I tried to show my driver's ID in a very Repub precinct here in Illinois and was turned down. You'd be paranoid too if you saw precincts of your party's candidate have 8 hour waits. Again, the abuse of the 10th amendment is bringing us down. Please show me a uniform ID law and I will bite.

Ironically, I tried registering twice here at our polling location....but unlike Acorn, they wouldn't let me, much less 156 times, and in exchange for a carton of smokes.....smh

Wow way to show your own prejudice. It's not the 1960's any more maybe you should update your knowledge of the south like the fact that Houston the largest city in the south listed voted in the nations first openly gay mayor of a major us city. So before you label us as a bunch of hood tooting racists maybey do some research.

Back
Top Bottom