• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican leaders hate workers

Pointing to a 93% increase in unemployment is disingenuous as most of that occrurred in 2008 and after the Democrats took control of Congress.
Please explain why you think the Democrats taking control resulted in the recession and not the rampant greed that was on Wall Street and the financial sector in general. While I can't specifically Bush for what happened, I can blame him for his hands off approach to existing regulation had somewhat of a role. In my opinion this approach reared it's ugly head in the BP disaster.

Please explain why you think the Democrats taking control resulted in the recession and not the rampant greed that was on Wall Street and the financial sector in general. While I can't specifically Bush for what happened, I can blame him for his hands off approach to existing regulation had somewhat of a role. In my opinion this approach reared it's ugly head in the BP disaster.

We weren't in recession when the Democrats took over the Congress, NBER, as it happened in December 2007. You seem to have a different opinion as to the role of govt. than the Founders and I have. Democrats had involvement in the oversight of the financial institutions and has been pointed out Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were instrumental in claiming the health of Fannie and Freddie were fine when we now know they weren't.

Democrats, IMO, were more interested in regaining the WH and having total control than they were in preventing a recession and offering any meaningful legislation. They absolutely paralyzed Bush with the help of the media. The hatred for Bush is what they are running on now and the poorly informed are buying.

We weren't in recession when the Democrats took over the Congress, NBER, as it happened in December 2007. You seem to have a different opinion as to the role of govt. than the Founders and I have. Democrats had involvement in the oversight of the financial institutions and has been pointed out Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were instrumental in claiming the health of Fannie and Freddie were fine when we now know they weren't.
That's pure unadulterated BS.

Democrats, IMO, were more interested in regaining the WH and having total control than they were in preventing a recession and offering any meaningful legislation. They absolutely paralyzed Bush with the help of the media. The hatred for Bush is what they are running on now and the poorly informed are buying.
Woe is me, conservatives like to play the victims. There is one thing Bush didn't get and that wasn't because of the Democrats it was the privatization of Social Security. The reason was the public wasn't buying his BS on the subject. The more he talked about it, the more they disliked it. Bush should have learn his less when he lost his congretional race in Texas and made Social Security the signature of his campaign.

rep_party_seal.gif

pbrauer;1058936888]That's pure unadulterated BS.

LOL, it is bull**** because it refutes your rhetoric? Why would NBER lie? Why such passion for the liberal agenda which has failed completely everywhere in the world?

http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

Woe is me, conservatives like to play the victims. There is one thing Bush didn't get and that wasn't because of the Democrats it was the privatization of Social Security. The reason was the public wasn't buying his BS on the subject. The more he talked about it, the more they disliked it. Bush should have learn his less when he lost his congretional race in Texas and made Social Security the signature of his campaign.

You have a bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome, please seek help. If you were a little less emotional you might do a little better research and wouldn't look so foolish when confronted with facts.

I don't blame you from running from the Obama record, you aren't alone.

Last edited:
LOL, it is bull**** because it refutes your rhetoric? Why would NBER lie? Why such passion for the liberal agenda which has failed completely everywhere in the world?

That's a fun lie. Liberal policies have guided economics all over the globe for the last 60 years and prevented depressions, world wide mind you, for the entire purview of it's reign. However Austrian economics can't proceed for more than 20 years with deep recessions, and eventual depressions. Amazing how reality works.

http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

You have a bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome, please seek help. If you were a little less emotional you might do a little better research and wouldn't look so foolish when confronted with facts.

I don't blame you from running from the Obama record, you aren't alone.

You are so FOS, it was the economic 'free market' principles that caused the recession. Wall Street, Credit default swaps, selling of bad loans as securities on WS, predatory lending, etc, etc. Lets remember that it was Bush who needed to bail out the banks because of policies during his administration. Stuff that mirrors what happen in 1929.

Much worse than the S&L crisis which was also the fault of the Republicans. Bush 41 bailed out the S&Ls and his son bailed out the Banks. Father and son two punch.

The economice situation was so bad during Bush's term, they had to keep interest rates low to spur economics activity. This and low wages caused the housing bubble which burst in the fall of 2008.

That's a fun lie. Liberal policies have guided economics all over the globe for the last 60 years and prevented depressions, world wide mind you, for the entire purview of it's reign. However Austrian economics can't proceed for more than 20 years with deep recessions, and eventual depressions. Amazing how reality works.

Amazing how cult followers by the rhetoric and ignore the results. Europe is abandoning liberalism as Obama embraces it.

You are so FOS, it was the economic 'free market' principles that caused the recession. Wall Street, Credit default swaps, selling of bad loans as securities on WS, predatory lending, etc, etc. Lets remember that it was Bush who needed to bail out the banks because of policies during his administration. Stuff that mirrors what happen in 1929.

Much worse than the S&L crisis which was also the fault of the Republicans. Bush 41 bailed out the S&Ls and his son bailed out the Banks. Father and son two punch.

The economice situation was so bad during Bush's term, they had to keep interest rates low to spur economics activity. This and low wages caused the housing bubble which burst in the fall of 2008.

Look, I don't blame you, I remember when I first learned that liberalism was a fraud. I grew up a Democrat but the Great Society took me over the cliff, trillions spent to solve social problems and all we really got was debt. I too was a cult follower but the light bulb went off and I grew up. You will too one day.

George H.W. Bush bails out Savings & Loans after S&L crisis caused by deregulation - economic recession followed.

George W. Bush bails out Commercial Banks again caused by deregulation economic recession followed.

Like father, like son

George H.W. Bush bails out Savings & Loans after S&L crisis caused by deregulation - economic recession followed.

George W. Bush bails out Commercial Banks again caused by deregulation economic recession followed.

Like father, like son

LOL, someone that apparently lives in Oregon with Bush Derangement Syndrome. Please seek help, Bush isn't in office, Obama has been in office for 20 months now after being in the Senate as part of a Congress that helped create this mess but you still buy the rhetoric. Your anti business rhetoric is quite telling.

LOL, someone that apparently lives in Oregon with Bush Derangement Syndrome. Please seek help, Bush isn't in office, Obama has been in office for 20 months now after being in the Senate as part of a Congress that helped create this mess but you still buy the rhetoric. Your anti business rhetoric is quite telling.

Bush defenders always talk about BDS, because they have no defence. Just say the opponent is sick.

The Great Great Depression followed 12 years of Republican rule. The Republicans love to live high on the hog (credit) then when it comes crashing down, they blame it on the Democrats.

Yeah, Obama has been in office for 20 months, but you don't cure cancer overnight. Cancer that started years before.

Last edited:
The Great Great Depression followed 12 years of Republican rule. The Republicans love to live high on the hog (credit) then when it comes crashing down, they blame it on the Democrats.

Yeah, Obama has been in office for 20 months, but you don't cure cancer overnight. Cancer that started years before.

You apparently have hatred for Republicans as well yet live in a state who continues to support liberal policies and is bankrupt. Stop whining about Republicans and look what "your" Party has done to the economy of this country. Trillions of dollars has been thrown at social problems and yet those problems still exist and all that money has done is create dependence. You want so badly to believe what you are told that you are blinded to the facts. Get the facts and stop with the rhetoric. Free enterprise gives you a choice. You don't like a private business, don't spend your money there. Try doing that with your taxes?

You want to blame Republicans for everything bad happening in this country yet ignore the harm "your" empty suit has done in 20 months plus another 3 years in the Congress. I know that you don't believe Congress plays any role on the economic policy of this country but all that belief does is destroy your credibility. Guess you don't really care.

As I recall Oregon hasn't had a Republican Governor since 1987 and the results speak for themselves there. Why do you continue to support that failed ideology

Last edited:
You apparently have hatred for Republicans as well yet live in a state who continues to support liberal policies and is bankrupt. Stop whining about Republicans and look what "your" Party has done to the economy of this country. Trillions of dollars has been thrown at social problems and yet those problems still exist and all that money has done is create dependence. You want so badly to believe what you are told that you are blinded to the facts. Get the facts and stop with the rhetoric. Free enterprise gives you a choice. You don't like a private business, don't spend your money there. Try doing that with your taxes?

You want to blame Republicans for everything bad happening in this country yet ignore the harm "your" empty suit has done in 20 months plus another 3 years in the Congress. I know that you don't believe Congress plays any role on the economic policy of this country but all that belief does is destroy your credibility. Guess you don't really care.

As I recall Oregon hasn't had a Republican Governor since 1987 and the results speak for themselves there. Why do you continue to support that failed ideology
You would make Saul Alinsky proud, even though he was on the opposite side of the fence. Conservatives seem to be obsessed with his tactics.

You would make Saul Alinsky proud, even though he was on the opposite side of the fence. Conservatives seem to be obsessed with his tactics.

Why is it liberals ignore the Alinsky results? You spend a lot of time diverting from the empty suit we have in the WH right now instead of focusing on the problems you have some control over. Your state is in a mess financially with billion dollar deficits and over 10% unemployment. It hasn't had a Republican Governor since 1987 and continues to promote liberal economic policy. That, pbrauer, is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

Today we have 4 million more unemployed Americans than we had when Obama took office and more unemployment each month of 2010 than we had in 2009 yet the cry is give it more time, give it more time! When I look at the economic policy of Obama the more time you give it the more debt will be created and the more unemployment that will occur. No way can you or anyone else blame what is going on right now on Bush but that won't stop you from trying. Obama convinced you this was an economy similar to the Great Depression and you continue to buy it. Obama says one thing does another yet you buy the rhetoric.

A good look at GW Bush popularity today

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/georgebushpollspopular/2010/08/22/id/368129?s=al&promo_code=A929-1

Last edited:

I learned about Alinsky from the conservatives here constantly bitching that liberals are using his tactics. The fact that conservatives use them more than we do is amusing to say the least.

I keep waiting for you to respond to the present situation with actual facts. It does seem that Democrats today hate workers as 16 million Americans are unemployed yet Obama is worried more about his golf game, family vacations, and creating job killing legislation like Obamacare. If Democrats didn't hate workers they would be working harder to get them employed.

I learned about Alinsky from the conservatives here constantly bitching that liberals are using his tactics. The fact that conservatives use them more than we do is amusing to say the least.

I learned about Alinsky from consevatives as well, I never heard of him before that. Is the phrase coined by Charles Krauthammer, Bush Derarangement Syndrome in the spirit of Saul Alinsky?
Notice how conservatives will accuse the liberal strawman of an offense then do the same thing themselves?

I keep waiting for you to respond to the present situation with actual facts. It does seem that Democrats today hate workers as 16 million Americans are unemployed yet Obama is worried more about his golf game, family vacations, and creating job killing legislation like Obamacare. If Democrats didn't hate workers they would be working harder to get them employed.
I realize that you are in denial, but those jobs were lost due to the economic policies of the previous administration. Seriously, I think that if you had lung cancer after smoking a number of years you would blame the doctor for not curing you right away. The only solution you offer is tax cuts to the wealthy. They would use the extra cash to build factories in China or India. I remember when Sam Walton would advertise made in America products. Today his heirs buy most of their products from China. This would not sit well with Adam Smith the author of Wealth of Nations. Today's conservative believe that wealth is created on Wall Street when it's not. Real wealth is created by making things and selling them to other nations. Until we get a positive flow on our trade balance our nation will continue to bleed wealth.

The idea that you would blame the recession on Dodd, Frank, the CRA makes you a laughing stock, I figured you were smarter than that.

I learned about Alinsky from consevatives as well, I never heard of him before that. Is the phrase coined by Charles Krauthammer, Bush Derarangement Syndrome in the spirit of Saul Alinsky?
Notice how conservatives will accuse the liberal strawman of an offense then do the same thing themselves?

I realize that you are in denial, but those jobs were lost due to the economic policies of the previous administration. Seriously, I think that if you had lung cancer after smoking a number of years you would blame the doctor for not curing you right away. The only solution you offer is tax cuts to the wealthy. They would use the extra cash to build factories in China or India. I remember when Sam Walton would advertise made in America products. Today his heirs buy most of their products from China. This would not sit well with Adam Smith the author of Wealth of Nations. Today's conservative believe that wealth is created on Wall Street when it's not. Real wealth is created by making things and selling them to other nations. Until we get a positive flow on our trade balance our nation will continue to bleed wealth.

The idea that you would blame the recession on Dodd, Frank, the CRA makes you a laughing stock, I figured you were smarter than that.

The idea that unemployment higher each month this year vs. last year and you blame that on Bush is quite telling. Obviously you never ran a business nor do you understand personal responsibility because that is exactly what Obama supporters do, blame someone else for their own failures. Sorry, that doesn't fly with anyone but the true Obama cult follower.

Last edited:
The idea that unemployment lower each month this year vs. last year and you blame that on Bush is quite telling. Obviously you never ran a business nor do you understand personal responsibility because that is exactly what Obama supporters do, blame someone else for their own failures. Sorry, that doesn't fly with anyone but the true Obama cult follower.

The idea that you would ignore Congressional involvement and blame it all on Bush makes you a true laughing stock. Then you ignore the actual results of "your" empty suit President says a lot. Maybe it has something to do with living in a state that is an absolute failure that you believe this is the way it should always be.

Find that Clinton Surplus yet?

the idea that you would ignore congressional involvement and blame it all on bush makes you a true laughing stock. Then you ignore the actual results of "your" empty suit president says a lot. maybe it has something to do with living in a state that is an absolute failure that you believe this is the way it should always be.

find that clinton surplus yet?

*plonk*

Back
Top Bottom