• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican lawmakers plotting to deny presidency to Biden on floor of house

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
good-luck.gif

True but if they aren't seated would that freeze the final vote to approve the electoral college vote?

Not sure, but January 20th is Inauguration Day and Biden WILL be inaugurated on that day.
Also that is the last day of Trump's presidency so if Biden is not inaugurated, someone will be and it isn't Trump.
So we may wind up with President Pelosi.

Not sure, but January 20th is Inauguration Day and Biden WILL be inaugurated on that day.
Also that is the last day of Trump's presidency so if Biden is not inaugurated, someone will be and it isn't Trump.

We must be great entertainment for other countries not to mention the laughing stock of the world.

I wouldn't go anywhere near the floor of the House as long as the wicked witch of the west was in charge. I suggest normal people contact the California relatives and ask the what the hell is going on out there.

I wouldn't go anywhere near the floor of the House as long as the wicked witch of the west was in charge. I suggest normal people contact the California relatives and ask the what the hell is going on out there.

What a stupid post which adds nothing to this thread.

It will be Biden... 3 USC 15 outlines the process for objections to the electoral votes... Basically it comes down to this... If both the house AND senate don't agree on an objection to a states electoral votes, the votes are counted... You can bet the house is not going to agree to the certified electoral votes from any state.

Your'e sure of that? We seem to be in uncharted waters if you ask me.

Unchartered waters? There have been plenty of times when the house did not have all members present.

Unchartered waters? There have been plenty of times when the house did not have all members present.

I wasn't talking about that. I think this may not be as cut and dry as you think.

I said uncharted not unchartered. :ROFLMAO:

Say YOU are Speaker of the House, and you KNOW already that the first item on the Republican House agenda is to pull this stunt, which is unconstitutional on its very face.
Do YOU seat these people?
I sure wouldn't, no matter which party they represent.

You are referring to one of the finest public servants we have.

But to the topic, have to assume republicans, who have to show loyalty to the cult, are privately happier than democrats to see Trump go.

But you wouldn't be responding to me if I was on ignore. So that wasn't the reason was it?

It was probably the cat avatar then. I don't respond well to people who have cats or like cats. My sister had cats a she died of the feline leukemia.

It was probably the cat avatar then. I don't respond well to people who have cats or like cats. My sister had cats a she died of the feline leukemia.

You need to get glasses. That's a dog. An Akita to be exact. And I hope you're not sayin your sister died of feline leukemia as that is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom