• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican lawmakers: LePage said Obama 'hates white people'

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Smells fishy. I suppose it wouldn't shock me per se, but I've noticed a trend in the form of anonymous political sources being full of ****.

The lawmakers, both Republicans, confirmed the comment when asked by a Portland Press Herald reporter but asked that their names be withheld for fear of political retribution.

Two other lawmakers who attended the event – Reps. Alex Willette of Mapleton and Larry Dunphy of Embden – said that if LePage made the comment, they didn't hear it.

Even if true, it isn't like there's any shortage of idiots of both parties saying idiotic things. The Stupid is an equal-opportunity destroyer.

Doesn't surprise me. LePage has a penchant for making provocative statements like that which reflect badly on all Republicans. Honestly, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Cutler or Michaud knocks him off next year.

Back
Top Bottom