• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Certainly not for lack of trying, though.

The number of investigations into Democrats by Republicans highly motivated to find wrongdoing...and coming up empty...is turning into a mountain.

The report delivered on Wednesday appeared to be little more than a rehashing of unproven allegations that echoed a Russian disinformation campaign.

WASHINGTON — An election-year investigation by Senate Republicans into corruption allegations against Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic presidential nominee, and his son, Hunter, involving Ukraine found no evidence of improper influence or wrongdoing by the former vice president, bringing to a close a highly politicized inquiry its leaders had hoped would tarnish President Trump’s rival.

The report asserted that Hunter Biden traded off his father’s name to close lucrative business deals around the world, and that his work for Burisma Holdings, a corrupt Ukrainian energy company while the former vice president was directing American policy toward Kyiv gave the appearance of a conflict of interest and alarmed some in the State Department. But the 87-page document released on Wednesday by the Senate Homeland Security Committee contained no evidence that the former vice president improperly manipulated American policy toward Ukraine or committed any other misdeed.

The number of investigations into Democrats by Republicans highly motivated to find wrongdoing...and coming up empty...is turning into a mountain.

So in other words, taxpayer dollars used for a partisan witch hunt against a private citizen that yielded absolutely nothing at all.

The Republicans should not have gone down this path. This is egg on their faces, and the smart people know it's inappropriate for the US Senate to investigate the son of a political candidate during an election cycle.

So in other words, taxpayer dollars used for a partisan witch hunt against a private citizen that yielded absolutely nothing at all.

The Republicans should not have gone down this path. This is egg on their faces, and the smart people know it's inappropriate for the US Senate to investigate the son of a political candidate during an election cycle.

I'll take the pro-Biden campaign ad, for what it's worth.

Good news. I'm glad that there was no evidence of corruption by Biden. And I'm glad that the GOP members here have more integrity than Democrats who outright fabricated Russia-gate and impeached over Ukraine. Makes me feel better about voting a straight GOP ticket for the first time ever.

Good news. I'm glad that there was no evidence of corruption by Biden. And I'm glad that the GOP members here have more integrity than Democrats who outrighted fabricated Russia-gate and impeached over Ukraine. Makes me feel better about voting a straight GOP ticket for the first time ever.

Remind me when the Democrats used the power of the Senate or Congress to investigate a private citizen not tied to any campaign or administration.

Another Trumpist hoax has collapsed.

Womp-womp.

Que the billions of the "Then why did..." questions from the right to try to keep the story alive.

Good news. I'm glad that there was no evidence of corruption by Biden. And I'm glad that the GOP members here have more integrity than Democrats who outright fabricated Russia-gate and impeached over Ukraine. Makes me feel better about voting a straight GOP ticket for the first time ever.

"Fabrication" = stupid Trumpist lie.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So its basically another Benghazi

Wasn't the Durham report supposed to be out like months ago, with indictments against Obama and Joe Biden and Strzok and Page and Comey and Clapper and everyone else under the sun?

Obama Deep State Pod People infiltrated the investigation and absconded with the evidence.

Since that investigation, did not prove that he was guilty then it is absolutely imperative to hold a subsequent investigation to both prove that that investigation was bogusl AND to find out why the previous investigation did not reveal **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H**;

and if that investigation doesn't prove that he was guilty then it is absolutely imperative to hold a subsequent investigation to both prove that that investigation was bogusl AND to find out why the previous investigation did not reveal **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H**;

and if that investigation doesn't prove that he was guilty then it is absolutely imperative to hold a subsequent investigation to both prove that that investigation was bogusl AND to find out why the previous investigation did not reveal **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H**;

and to continue investigating until such time as **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** finally comes out (or the heat death of the universe occurs [which ever comes first]).

The most important takeaway here is that he was *NOT* exonerated for corruption. He could still be charged.

"Fabrication" = stupid Trumpist lie.
So many lies, I can't parse them all. It was a fabrication. There was no collusion, and they knew it.

Wasn't the Durham report supposed to be out like months ago, with indictments against Obama and Joe Biden and Strzok and Page and Comey and Clapper and everyone else under the sun?
Another failed QAnon prediction. They're batting right about .000 now.

You don't remember your post? Interesting. You whined (like all Trump lovers do) about the impeachment of Trump, which for the uneducated among us isn't the same thing at all. Trump is President. Hunter Biden is and always was a private citizen. His father is currently a private citizen.

You need some education, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom