• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Gov. John Kasich to speak at DNC

That would be stupid. First.. the republican party has represented me pretty well since the 80's. Certainly more so than any other party.
Second.. the nation basically has a two party system. Name the number of third party candidates that have won the presidency.. or a Congressional seat in the last 30 years.
Third.. lets think about your rationale. The republican party has been representing me pretty darn well since the 1980's. Until 2016. so 36 years of representation... but according to you.. its not that 36 years that represents the party.. (or the 36 years before THAT)... its only the 4years that Trump has been president?
So being a republicans for 36years... fails..in comparison to 4 years?

Please.
Reagan use to be a Democrat. He left when he felt the party left him. What’s keeping you from following his example?

Deplorables? Hmm . . . .

not all Republicans oppose abortions....Trump does not oppose abortions as much as you want to believe he does..he also does not follow the 10 commandments.

Trump was vocally pro-choice until he knew he had to con the right into thinking he is pro-life. He is also on record saying he supports the right to a partial birth abortion.

His ignorant supporters would like to forget that, but it's true.

I picked John Kasich over Trump back in 2016.

Everyone wanted to elect an outsider, someone who wasn't a politician or lawyer, so Trump won.

You reap what you sew, and we sewed a turd.
You guys really need to come up with some new material.

Trump was vocally pro-choice until he knew he had to con the right into thinking he is pro-life. He is also on record saying he supports the right to a partial birth abortion.

His ignorant supporters would like to forget that, but it's true.
Are you really surprised that someone would change their position on an issue? I’m not gonna bother citing all the times Biden has flipped flopped on an issue. Wouldn’t matter to you.

Are you really surprised that someone would change their position on an issue? I’m not gonna bother citing all the times Biden has flipped flopped on an issue. Wouldn’t matter to you.

Trump changed his ENTIRE political platform in his mid-late 60's.

This has never happened before with any politician...ever.

Trump changed his ENTIRE political platform in his mid-late 60's.

This has never happened before with any politician...ever.
Trump wasn’t a politician in the sixties. Reagan changed political affiliation in the sixties. It’s not uncommon.

Biden has nothing to do with me.

It isn't my fault that you were conned by Trump. I was too smart to be conned by a lifelong liberal who supported partial birth abortion and gun control his entire life.

How does someone flop on an issue like abortion later on in life?

How does someone flop on an issue like abortion later on in life?
I know I did. Maybe it involves self examination of why you believe what you do. Maybe it involves learning new things. Who knows but everyone changes their viewpoints on some things as time goes by. That is if you can look honestly at those things without freaking out or being closed minded. Or sometimes you don’t change your mind.

Reagan use to be a Democrat. He left when he felt the party left him. What’s keeping you from following his example?

Deplorables? Hmm . . . .

Actually in the last two elections I voted for the Libertarian for president. The democrats don;t offer me much except right now.. an alternative to Trump who is absolutely terrible and needs to go. And when he goes... the likilihood.. is that the party begins to come back to its historical normal.

Actually in the last two elections I voted for the Libertarian for president. The democrats don;t offer me much except right now.. an alternative to Trump who is absolutely terrible and needs to go. And when he goes... the likilihood.. is that the party begins to come back to its historical normal.
Don't be so sure. The Republican base has been reduced to it's dregs and they still control the primaries. To return to normal, Republicans have to attract the "normal" voters back into the fold without alienating the nut jobs.

Don't be so sure. The Republican base has been reduced to it's dregs and they still control the primaries. To return to normal, Republicans have to attract the "normal" voters back into the fold without alienating the nut jobs.
Not true if its a big enough win for the democrats. The republican base.. is floundering because Trump and the trumpets won. Its hard to argue against success. Steady, real conservative voices like mine have been silenced because of the success that Trump had. (some of that silencing started back in late 2008 I will admit with the tea party).
Then Trump comes along and wins the presidency... validating everything the radical right has been saying about "what the party needs to do". And they are willing to burn the country down... they don;t care about facts, figures, reality. They just want to destroy. They would like to see the whole country burn down. And Trump is their man. And anyone who crosses them? they suffer getting called a rino.

If trump and the republicans lose big.. and I hope we do. It opens the door for those smart conservatives.. real conservatives to then have a voice again. Because the Trump approach... lost.. and lost big.

Unemployment is in the double digits genius.

If you think that situation was caused by anything other than the pandemic, you must be a single digit genius .

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Chinese virus".

You've become a dedicated Trump supporter.

TDS Academy? Is that where they teach idiots to suck Trump's dick?

Only you would know...

If you think that situation was caused by anything other than the pandemic, you must be a single digit genius .

The recession started in february before a single shutdown. Nice try though.

Trump wasn’t a politician in the sixties. Reagan changed political affiliation in the sixties. It’s not uncommon.

the 60's? What are you talking about?

As recently as 2013, when he was a registered Republican, he was praising Hillary Clinton.

As I said, nobody changed their ENTIRE political platform the way Trump did.

I know I did. Maybe it involves self examination of why you believe what you do. Maybe it involves learning new things. Who knows but everyone changes their viewpoints on some things as time goes by. That is if you can look honestly at those things without freaking out or being closed minded. Or sometimes you don’t change your mind.

Please. Trump only became "Pro Life" because he had no had no other choice if he was going to run as a Republican.

The Democrats need to embrace the progressive left, the faction of the party that is winning electorally and has momentum behind them, and not embrace Republicans and become an even farther conservative party.
Well, we have a serious disagreement, but as long as there's a would-be fascist on the other side, let's be friends. Getting the biggest threat to democracy and freedom (and sanity) out of office is priority 1.

Please. Trump only became "Pro Life" because he had no had no other choice if he was going to run as a Republican.
He’s learning how to be a politician. His skills are not as honed as Joe’s but he’s been at the game for 47 years and knows how to test which way the wind is blowing. This time, though, he might have overplayed the game and lost the likes of Bernie supporters and the AOC gang.

Not true if its a big enough win for the democrats. The republican base.. is floundering because Trump and the trumpets won. Its hard to argue against success. Steady, real conservative voices like mine have been silenced because of the success that Trump had. (some of that silencing started back in late 2008 I will admit with the tea party).
Then Trump comes along and wins the presidency... validating everything the radical right has been saying about "what the party needs to do". And they are willing to burn the country down... they don;t care about facts, figures, reality. They just want to destroy. They would like to see the whole country burn down. And Trump is their man. And anyone who crosses them? they suffer getting called a rino.

If trump and the republicans lose big.. and I hope we do. It opens the door for those smart conservatives.. real conservatives to then have a voice again. Because the Trump approach... lost.. and lost big.
I hope you're right. The country needs strong, intelligent conservative voices. We need to work together to restore our Democracy.

He’s learning how to be a politician. His skills are not as honed as Joe’s but he’s been at the game for 47 years and knows how to test which way the wind is blowing. This time, though, he might have overplayed the game and lost the likes of Bernie supporters and the AOC gang.
So you are okay with him only being pro-life because its a gop requirement to become president and not personal convictions?

So you are okay with him only being pro-life because its a gop requirement to become president and not personal convictions?
I’m not a single issue voter. I respect the individual pov on the abortion issue. And I know for some their pov has changed over time.

I hope you're right. The country needs strong, intelligent conservative voices. We need to work together to restore our Democracy.
Yes. But it will only happen when the democrats and the republicans in politics.. are rewarded for working together and getting things done. It really depends on what the population does. IF both sides continue to get rewarded for being parties of NO. Or of being parties telling people pie in the sky promises.. like building walls and mexico paying for it... or amazing single payer healthcare.. If thats what we reward our politicians for.. thats what we will get.
I think the democrats show promise with Biden. He is definitely more centrist than any of the other candidates in the primary. Other than his stance on gun control.. he has more promise for most of america. A reasonable approach.
The question is... does america want this... or does america want 4 more years of raging against the world.. of a giant echochamber hearing only what you want to hear?

Back
Top Bottom