• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Gov. John Kasich to speak at DNC

What.. so republicans are anti gun communists? I guess that explains why Trump banned bump stocks huh?

you will never win an argument trying to justify voting for Biden, by pretending Trump is more anti gun than Biden. Trump isn't perfect but he is surely much better than Biden. You are trying to pretend that you-being pro gun (as you claim) that you can vote for Biden because its a wash. It is not. NOT A SINGLE PRO GUN GROUP supports Biden. Not the NRA, not the SAF, not the GOA, not the SFCI etc

you will never win an argument trying to justify voting for Biden, by pretending Trump is more anti gun than Biden. Trump isn't perfect but he is surely much better than Biden. You are trying to pretend that you-being pro gun (as you claim) that you can vote for Biden because its a wash. It is not. NOT A SINGLE PRO GUN GROUP supports Biden. Not the NRA, not the SAF, not the GOA, not the SFCI etc

Why would a pro gun group support biden? They are a right wing organization. They will never support a dem even if he is more pro gun than the other guy.

what it shows is that GOP appointees aren't as likely to vote along party lines as Democrat appointees

Why do you think that is? Why are republicans more likely to appoint liberals than democrats appointing conservatives?

And you will NEVER justify voting for Trump..by pretenging that Trump exemplifies conservative values more than Biden. On most things.. Biden is far and away more conservative. I listed them. You got what? Not even guns.. because Trump has done more against guns than Biden has.

All you have is fear and assumption that Biden will be worse than Trump. And thats what the NRA and others.. and I am a life member of the NRA as is all my family have. Is fear of Biden. But the reality is that Trump could care less about guns and has done more against guns than Biden has so far.

But the reason they don;t support Biden? What happens to their membership if they supported Biden? It would crumble. Because there is a lot of folks like you that suffer from TDS.. and will support Trump no matter what he does.

Heck.. you do already.... he bans bump stocks and you support him.. and say "but but but .. what would Biden/obama had done if a mass shooting had happened?".

Well.. in the two years the democrats had all three branches of government. What legislation did they pass.. despite numbers of high profile mass shootings? Nothing.

Trump was endorsed by the NRA.. and he bans bump stocks..and its members support him en masse.

If Biden was endorsed by the NRA..and he banned bump stocks.. what would the membership do?

THATS why they don;t support Biden.

Why would a pro gun group support biden? They are a right wing organization. They will never support a dem even if he is more pro gun than the other guy.

Thats actually not true.. the NRA has supported a number of pro gun democrats in the past. Most notably Harry Reid. As democrats have gone more to the left.. the more the NRA has had to support republicans.

And you will NEVER justify voting for Trump..by pretenging that Trump exemplifies conservative values more than Biden. On most things.. Biden is far and away more conservative. I listed them. You got what? Not even guns.. because Trump has done more against guns than Biden has.

All you have is fear and assumption that Biden will be worse than Trump. And thats what the NRA and others.. and I am a life member of the NRA as is all my family have. Is fear of Biden. But the reality is that Trump could care less about guns and has done more against guns than Biden has so far.

But the reason they don;t support Biden? What happens to their membership if they supported Biden? It would crumble. Because there is a lot of folks like you that suffer from TDS.. and will support Trump no matter what he does.

Heck.. you do already.... he bans bump stocks and you support him.. and say "but but but .. what would Biden/obama had done if a mass shooting had happened?".

Well.. in the two years the democrats had all three branches of government. What legislation did they pass.. despite numbers of high profile mass shootings? Nothing.

Trump was endorsed by the NRA.. and he bans bump stocks..and its members support him en masse.

If Biden was endorsed by the NRA..and he banned bump stocks.. what would the membership do?

THATS why they don;t support Biden.

smart people know that if Hillary was president when the Vegas massacre took place and she had the senate, she would have done much more.

Why don't you just admit that gun rights really aren't all that important to you?

Why do you think that is? Why are republicans more likely to appoint liberals than democrats appointing conservatives?

because people who are holding governmental supplied power are likely to become corrupted by it

you are lying. Al Gore was strongly supported by the NRA for years. Ted Strickland was endorsed by the NRA several times-Richard Cordray was endorsed over Mike DeWhine for Ohio AG. Many "blue dog" Democrats were NRA endorsed. Long serving Democrat Congressman JOHN DINGELL (D Michigan) was on the NRA board.

you are lying. Al Gore was strongly supported by the NRA for years. Ted Strickland was endorsed by the NRA several times-Richard Cordray was endorsed over Mike DeWhine for Ohio AG. Many "blue dog" Democrats were NRA endorsed. Long serving Democrat Congressman JOHN DINGELL (D Michigan) was on the NRA board.

Ok. Humor me. When is the last time the NRA supported a democratic president?

you're not just moving goalposts, you are changing from soccer to hockey. The NRA did not endorse presidential candidates before 1980. IIRC the NRA endorsements since then all went to GOP candidates for obvious reasons. All of the Democrat candidates spoke in favor of additional restrictions on gun owners.

you're not just moving goalposts, you are changing from soccer to hockey. The NRA did not endorse presidential candidates before 1980. IIRC the NRA endorsements since then all went to GOP candidates for obvious reasons. All of the Democrat candidates spoke in favor of additional restrictions on gun owners.

Not moving the goalposts at all. Yes the NRA endorses dems in local and state elections but for president they will never endorse a dem. No matter if he is more pro gun then a republican. The NRA is a right wing organization. Obama was pro gun and they never endorsed him.

Not moving the goalposts at all. Yes the NRA endorses dems in local and state elections but for president they will never endorse a dem. No matter if he is more pro gun then a republican. The NRA is a right wing organization. Obama was pro gun and they never endorsed him.

name a Democrat who was more supportive of the rights of gun owners since the 1980 election in presidential contests

name a Democrat who was more supportive of the rights of gun owners since the 1980 election in presidential contests

Didn't you just say gore was a pro gun democratic senator? But enlighten me. Name a hypothetical dem that you think would get NRA's endorsement over trump. It can be any dem in america. Name the guy you think NRA would endorse over the bump stock banner? You won't be able to because the NRA would never support a dem president but it's expected. They are a right wing organization. You wouldn't expect the teachers union to support a republican would you?

Didn't you just say gore was a pro gun democratic senator? But enlighten me. Name a hypothetical dem that you think would get NRA's endorsement over trump. It can be any dem in america. Name the guy you think NRA would endorse over the bump stock banner? You won't be able to because the NRA would never support a dem president but it's expected. They are a right wing organization. You wouldn't expect the teachers union to support a republican would you?

I guess you forgot that we had 8 years of Gore as VP after he had been a senator. He completely rejected his past pro gun record when he was part of the clinton team. Bush was a pro gun governor-Gore was an anti gun vice president.

Biden was Clinton's main supporter and advocate for the clinton gun ban in the senate. I am waiting for you to tell me which Democrat since 1980 had a more pro gun record than his GOP opponent.

I guess you forgot that we had 8 years of Gore as VP after he had been a senator. He completely rejected his past pro gun record when he was part of the clinton team. Bush was a pro gun governor-Gore was an anti gun vice president.

Biden was Clinton's main supporter and advocate for the clinton gun ban in the senate. I am waiting for you to tell me which Democrat since 1980 had a more pro gun record than his GOP opponent.

So am I correct in assuming there is no dem that NRA would support over the bump stock banner?

smart people know that if Hillary was president when the Vegas massacre took place and she had the senate, she would have done much more.

Why don't you just admit that gun rights really aren't all that important to you?

Wow.... then explain why in the 8 years that Biden and Obama were president. And the two years of having a democrat congress and the presidency... there were no weapons bans.. or even gun control laws passed. Despite a number of high profile mass shootings.

Actually they are. Which is why I hold Trump accountable for his anti gun actions and words.

Why don;t you admit that gun rights (not to mention all the other rights)..are not all that important to you. You can;t even hold Trump accountable for what he is done but just keep making excuses.. but but but...

Hillary Clinton IS NOT PRESIDENT. Trump is..and he should be held accountable for his actions.. not some past presidential candidate.

Admit it Turtledude.. your TDS is so bad. you are willing to give up your rights in fear of "what another politician might have done".

when was a democratic presidential candidate more gun friendly than the republican nominee?

A hypothetical democrat?

Minnesota's Collin Peterson.

I've heard from numerous media outlets that Trump's IQ is over 15o, possibly 160

Ha ha.. liberals thought they could just name call and no one would be the wiser..their typical Mo, just say anything bc some who hear the bs don't care about truth And gotta get the baby haters elected no matter what it takes

Name one reliable source reporting his IQ over 150. Shouldn't be hard if you heard numerous.

I guess all those sources evaporated.

Never said i do. That is the problem with mass shootings. Studies actually prove this. You can make the argument it's worth it for freedom like many conservatives do, but don't be intellectually dishonest and suggest that the mass shootings in the US would continue with strict gun laws.

we don't know if they would or not given there are 400 million guns and open borders. what we do know is that people who don't worry or care about death sentences or toe-tag parole aren't going to worry about the consequences of obtaining an illegal weapon. People like you pretend that strict gun laws would keep people from obtaining guns, which is so blatantly stupid, we have to laugh at it

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is not about gun control of mass shootings, relocate this discussion to a more appropriate venue.

Gee, what do you do when your fellow republicans are voting against you?
add him to a long list of Republicans.
Christine Todd Whitman is also voting Biden
Meg Whiteman CEO of Hewlitt Packard
Susan Molinari
Colin Powell
The Lincoln Project (who also is opposing incumbent Lindsey Graham.)
Charlie Dent
Chuck Hagel
Edward Good
William Cohen
more than 70 previous national security officials in Republican administrations have endorsed Biden
Gorden Humphrey
John Warner
Steve Bartlett
Bill Clinger
Tom Coleman
Charles Djou
Mickey Edwards
Wayne Gilchrest
Jim Greenwood
South Carolina's endeared Bob Inglis
Jim Kolbe
Steve Kuykendall
Ray Lahood
Jim Leach
Connie Morella
Mike Parker
Jack Quinn
Claudine Schneider
Christopher Shays
Peter Smith
Alan Steelman
Jim Walsh
Bill Whitehurst
Dick Zimmer
even Mitt Romney's staff has furloughed itself and is endorsing Biden...

This should tell those Trumpers something, but clearly it does not...folks these are Republicans...not Democrats, but longtime real Republicans.

add him to a long list of Republicans.
Christine Todd Whitman is also voting Biden
Meg Whiteman CEO of Hewlitt Packard
Susan Molinari
Colin Powell
The Lincoln Project (who also is opposing incumbent Lindsey Graham.)
Charlie Dent
Chuck Hagel
Edward Good
William Cohen
more than 70 previous national security officials in Republican administrations have endorsed Biden
Gorden Humphrey
John Warner
Steve Bartlett
Bill Clinger
Tom Coleman
Charles Djou
Mickey Edwards
Wayne Gilchrest
Jim Greenwood
South Carolina's endeared Bob Inglis
Jim Kolbe
Steve Kuykendall
Ray Lahood
Jim Leach
Connie Morella
Mike Parker
Jack Quinn
Claudine Schneider
Christopher Shays
Peter Smith
Alan Steelman
Jim Walsh
Bill Whitehurst
Dick Zimmer
even Mitt Romney's staff has furloughed itself and is endorsing Biden...

This should tell those Trumpers something, but clearly it does not...folks these are Republicans...not Democrats, but longtime real Republicans.
A list of RINOs. Anyone of them could have supported one of the other candidates if it was a matter of principle. The swamp is alive and well.

Back
Top Bottom