• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Gov. John Kasich to speak at DNC

There will be some tightening of the polls, but likely not within the margin of error. The polls have been far too stable in that regard. I know that there are some posters here flogging the outlier polls, but they are apt to flog anything that gives them pleasure, even if it is based on fantasy.

I think your basic premise is flawed. The policies being put forth by progressive elements of the Democratic party are popular, nationally. I think you've missed the boat. It is quite likely that more progressive policies will increase Biden's popularity. When one's view is constricted to party-centric sources of information, one can get a skewed perception of what is "popular".

For some perspective, Pew Center.

BwAAAH...

You fellows said the same thing to me when I pointed out that Hillary was unlikely to win. No.. progressive policies are NOT popular nationally. They are popular with large democratic voting areas.. but not nationally. Not in the states you need to win the electoral college. Medicare for all... scares the bejeesus out of seniors. Your anti gun policy turns off 40% of voters mostly in those western and midwest states you need. Not to mention parts of the south. Global warming and getting rid of fossil fuels? Works great in your democratic cities..and scares the bejeesus out of the midwest and west and other areas that rely on fossil fuels for their economy.

but hey... if Biden loses.. you can console yourself with "but but but... he won the popular vote".

his incompetence has lead to a great economy, great judges and low unemployment.

Sounds pretty incompetent to me

not

Well.. if you believe that when my business expanded before covid.. it wasn;t me that built that... it was Trump.

Me? I am a conservative.. and I don;t think that the government is the be all and end all of the economy.. and especially not the President. I believe the economy is the result of innovators, and hard work... not government. But.. hey.. right wing liberals tend to think its all about trump.

Now me? I understand that government doesn't usually build and economy. Pretty hard for the government to do..other than inject money.. which still has to be used by the populace. But.. government can hurt the economy. and thats what Trump has done. His trade war? Hurts the economy by increasing what consumers pay, hurting businesses that rely on parts from China and hurts the agricultural business and probably will hurt its marketshare for the future as our competitors find alternatives to us agricultural products.

His "deregulation".. has actually hurt businesses. So much so that industries are actually asking his administration to stop the deregulation because the resulting confusion and conflicting rules increase their costs.

And his handling of the pandemic? or lack there off? Completely atrocious and has hurt the economy as businesses don't know what absurdity is going to come from his administration and his mouth.

As far as judges? Yeah... nothing much to hang your hat on.

"No one could have seen that coming."

Yeah, right.

Lots of republicans saw it coming. I was one.. but..I will admit.. the extent of his incompetence was a surprise. The fact that he will double down on a policy that even his own party is against? ITs amazing. Its why you have the neverTrumpers.

Well.. if you believe that when my business expanded before covid.. it wasn;t me that built that... it was Trump.

Me? I am a conservative.. and I don;t think that the government is the be all and end all of the economy.. and especially not the President. I believe the economy is the result of innovators, and hard work... not government. But.. hey.. right wing liberals tend to think its all about trump.

Now me? I understand that government doesn't usually build and economy. Pretty hard for the government to do..other than inject money.. which still has to be used by the populace. But.. government can hurt the economy. and thats what Trump has done. His trade war? Hurts the economy by increasing what consumers pay, hurting businesses that rely on parts from China and hurts the agricultural business and probably will hurt its marketshare for the future as our competitors find alternatives to us agricultural products.

His "deregulation".. has actually hurt businesses. So much so that industries are actually asking his administration to stop the deregulation because the resulting confusion and conflicting rules increase their costs.

And his handling of the pandemic? or lack there off? Completely atrocious and has hurt the economy as businesses don't know what absurdity is going to come from his administration and his mouth.

As far as judges? Yeah... nothing much to hang your hat on.

I can see a conservative not voting for Trump if they are pig headed and don't really care about the election. However, I cannot see someone who claims to be a conservative voting for Biden. If you vote for Biden, you do not support conservative ideals

How's that been working out?

Pretty well until Biden allies unleashed the Corona Virus and Biden allies shut down the economy. But even then, the economy now is better than it was under Obama

BwAAAH...

You fellows said the same thing to me when I pointed out that Hillary was unlikely to win. No.. progressive policies are NOT popular nationally. They are popular with large democratic voting areas.. but not nationally. Not in the states you need to win the electoral college. Medicare for all... scares the bejeesus out of seniors. Your anti gun policy turns off 40% of voters mostly in those western and midwest states you need. Not to mention parts of the south. Global warming and getting rid of fossil fuels? Works great in your democratic cities..and scares the bejeesus out of the midwest and west and other areas that rely on fossil fuels for their economy.

but hey... if Biden loses.. you can console yourself with "but but but... he won the popular vote".

Trump was sold to us by Democrats as stupid. Well he is so stupid he is raising cash by the hoards. And so stupid he is in touch with republicans seeking their advice. Trump has the winning system down pat.

I picked John Kasich over Trump back in 2016.

Everyone wanted to elect an outsider, someone who wasn't a politician or lawyer, so Trump won.

You reap what you sew, and we sewed a turd.

I too voted for Kasich and man I am kicking my arse to China and back. Kasich was not who he pretended to be. Trump is the real deal. I voted for Trump in the fall because Hillary was never a winner.

Pretty well until Biden allies unleashed the Corona Virus and Biden allies shut down the economy. But even then, the economy now is better than it was under Obama

I hope thats a joke. Trump's economy is the worst in US history. Bush and hoover are a close second.

Tantrum throwing bad losers are the most disgusting pathetic people on earth. Losers should accept lose gracefully, not become tantrum throwing backstabbers betraying everyone who did vote for them.

No tantrum throwing bad winners are the most disgusting, pathetic people on earth.... :roll:

Winners should accept the win gracefully, not become temper tantrum throwing backstabbers betraying everyone who works so hard for him... :peace

You auditioning for Kellyanne's job??? :confused:

You live her 'alternate facts' fantasy world... :peace

You do not believe the Stock Market plays a role in the economy. I know my son is not by millions the sole person to win this year in the stock market and not needing the extra money he used less than half of what he amassed and bought a new 2 wheel complete trailer that can accomodate a 4 wheel side by side off road vehicle, and the inside can still sleep 3 comfortably and it has a complete kitchen in it. It also comes with a large roll out canopy on the side. It is a true crowd pleaser and set him back only $27,000. So for the camping trailer firm, it keeps workers working and adds to the economy.

It comes with a pull down rear ramp standard. Inside it has features of a home.

You auditioning for Kellyanne's job??? :confused:

You live her 'alternate facts' fantasy world... :peace

given the fact that your posts consistent ignore reality and recount hysterical nonsense, I don't think you are in any position to talk about "alternate facts"

I hope thats a joke. Trump's economy is the worst in US history. Bush and hoover are a close second.

Not only do you constantly tell lies, you ignore history. Ever heard of the Depression? Of course not, to you, the only history you can talk about is the last 4 years. But when you think supporting Biden is "very conservative" the real joke is your post

You do not believe the Stock Market plays a role in the economy. I know my son is not by millions the sole person to win this year in the stock market and not needing the extra money he used less than half of what he amassed and bought a new 2 wheel complete trailer that can accomodate a 4 wheel side by side off road vehicle, and the inside can still sleep 3 comfortably and it has a complete kitchen in it. It also comes with a large roll out canopy on the side. It is a true crowd pleaser and set him back only $27,000. So for the camping trailer firm, it keeps workers working and adds to the economy.

It comes with a pull down rear ramp standard. Inside it has features of a home.

How lovely for your son.

given the fact that your posts consistent ignore reality and recount hysterical nonsense, I don't think you are in any position to talk about "alternate facts"

I believe if you send these posts in you have a real shot at her job... best of luck... :peace

Not only do you constantly tell lies, you ignore history. Ever heard of the Depression? Of course not, to you, the only history you can talk about is the last 4 years. But when you think supporting Biden is "very conservative" the real joke is your post

Trump lost more jobs then the great depression. your partisan bias is blinding reality. I am not a partisan. Just a conservative that tells it like it is. Not sure why anyone would praise trumps pathetic economy, liberal or conservative. It takes a special kind of idiot to think trump is doing a good job.

Unemployment was 11% in 2016?

You sure about that?

More jobs were lost this year than any year of the depression.

BwAAAH...

I think just about every element of your argument is flawed, but it is too late at night for me to provide the numerous links necessary for its refutation. Remind me if I don't get back to it.

Lots of republicans saw it coming. I was one.. but..I will admit.. the extent of his incompetence was a surprise. The fact that he will double down on a policy that even his own party is against? ITs amazing. Its why you have the neverTrumpers.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom