• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Early Vote Turnout In Miami FL Greater Than Democratic Turnout

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

"Democrats are sounding the alarm about weak voter turnout rates in Florida’s biggest county, Miami-Dade, where a strong Republican showing is endangering Joe Biden’s chances in the nation’s biggest swing state.

No Democrat can win Florida without a huge turnout and big winning margins here to offset losses elsewhere in the state. But Democrats are turning out at lower rates than Republicans and at lower rates than at this point in 2016, when Hillary Clinton won by 29 percentage points here and still lost the state to Donald Trump."

"Democrats are sounding the alarm about weak voter turnout rates in Florida’s biggest county, Miami-Dade, where a strong Republican showing is endangering Joe Biden’s chances in the nation’s biggest swing state.

No Democrat can win Florida without a huge turnout and big winning margins here to offset losses elsewhere in the state. But Democrats are turning out at lower rates than Republicans and at lower rates than at this point in 2016, when Hillary Clinton won by 29 percentage points here and still lost the state to Donald Trump."
All the people that I personally know in Miami-Dade voted absentee ballot. In fact, seniors, who are a key Democratic group, have mainly voted absentee.

Irrespective of the article, I don't see Biden taking FL.

He's too weak in the ground-game, Trump has done well in Cubano outreach, and DeSantis holds the reins to vote tabulation & cut-off.

Biden' saving grace may be his inroads to Covid wary seniors. There are a lot of them. If he pulls it off, they will likely be the reason.

What about this?

Democrats aren’t panicking yet. They take comfort in the fact that huge swaths of Democratic voters cast absentee ballots by mail statewide,

Irrespective of the article, I don't see Biden taking FL.

He's too weak in the ground-game, Trump has done well in Cubano outreach, and DeSantis holds the reins to vote tabulation & cut-off.

Biden' saving grace may be his inroads to Covid wary seniors. There are a lot of them. If he pulls it off, they will likely be the reason.
It comes down to how many absentee ballots the Republicans can disallow.

As Gordon Geko said in the film Wall Street, "You don't think we live in a democracy, do you?"

Last edited:

Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania have all moved in the same direction since 68 from the previous election. If he wins the state by a narrower margin he will probably lose both of the other two. Definitely would lose Michigan. That is a fancy way of saying unless he gets 1.2% (his 2016 margin) lead in Florida, he still likely will be toast. I think his win in Michigan was like .3% and PA around .5%

Biden doesn't need to win florida, but trump does. I think it's going to be close but the blue wave will win out in the end. My almost in laws both ninety seven and both voted for biden.

Biden doesn't need to win florida, but trump does. I think it's going to be close but the blue wave will win out in the end. My almost in laws both ninety seven and both voted for biden.
The calculus is that Hispanic voters are voting Democratic, as they usually do, put Cuban Americans are voting slightly more for Trump this year. But seniors are voting more for Biden this year. So it comes down to how that mix plays in the totals.

Well speaking of turnouts here in Texas we are about to have as many early votes as we had in Total in 2016, and young voter participation is up 600%. High turnout is Bad news for trump and the GOP, and they know it.
What I find amusing is Repubs gleefully posting that they are neck and neck in supposedly solid Red States acting as if that is a Good thing. Thankfully the election is almost here and when the dust settles I believe the Dems are going to come out with total control of the WH and Congress, those that are against that can thank Donld J. Trump and Mich McConnell.

The calculus is that Hispanic voters are voting Democratic, as they usually do, put Cuban Americans are voting slightly more for Trump this year. But seniors are voting more for Biden this year. So it comes down to how that mix plays in the totals.
I look at it like this. Trump's approval has basically not budged much from his forty percent or so no matter what happens or what news comes out. That forty percent is going to vote for him. I've been to two polling places here in florida separated by a hundred and fifty miles and both places say the same thing, they have never seen turnout like 2020. That tells me most are showing up to vote against trump not for him. If it were the opposite his approval rating would be in the upper forties.

Well speaking of turnouts here in Texas we are about to have as many early votes as we had in Total in 2016, and young voter participation is up 600%. High turnout is Bad news for trump and the GOP, and they know it.
What I find amusing is Repubs gleefully posting that they are neck and neck in supposedly solid Red States acting as if that is a Good thing. Thankfully the election is almost here and when the dust settles I believe the Dems are going to come out with total control of the WH and Congress, those that are against that can thank Donld J. Trump and Mich McConnell.
This is exhausting, so I am looking forward to it being over with a new president who doesn't have daily scandals.

But yes, Republicans, who won TX by 9% and GA by a similar margin in 2016, are boasting that Biden is even there.

My biggest fear is GOP election stealing -- getting courts not to count valid votes; getting legislatures in GOP states to award electors regardless of the voters's choices and/or throwing the dispute into the House, where each state gets one vote.

This is exhausting, so I am looking forward to it being over with a new president who doesn't have daily scandals.

But yes, Republicans, who won TX by 9% and GA by a similar margin in 2016, are boasting that Biden is even there.

My biggest fear is GOP election stealing -- getting courts not to count valid votes; getting legislatures in GOP states to award electors regardless of the voters's choices and/or throwing the dispute into the House, where each state gets one vote.
Oh I believe that trump will try the legal challenges, if it is a blowout that will very hard to accomplish. I seriously doubt it will go to the House, hard road to get there and if the Popular and EC votes go to Biden and the House overrules their will there will be Big Trouble coming, that is a given.

Just because a registered Republican votes doesn't mean that they have voted for 45.

You all are living in a bit of a fairy tale world here, in terms of any kind of assumption that Biden would be able to heal division in this country. He is too weak a communicator.

Biden has spent this entire campaign calling Trump a murderer, Pelosi ripped up his SOTU address, Schiff got him impeached. Huge crowds of Trump supporters are chanting “CNN Sucks”.

If Biden wins, I can guarantee there will continue to be scandals and division on a daily basis.

Trump is a result of the division in this country, he didn’t create it. I would argue that Obama did inadvertently, by moving us so far left.

Back
Top Bottom