• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican donors line up behind Liz Cheney as she takes on Trump

The AntiDonald

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

I always had a feeling that McCarthy's actions would backfire on him. Looks like Liz is doing quite well with fund raising and overall approval with the republican elites. Perhaps Adam Kinsinger will get the same treatment.

I always had a feeling that McCarthy's actions would backfire on him. Looks like Liz is doing quite well with fund raising and overall approval with the republican elites. Perhaps Adam Kinsinger will get the same treatment.
The ruling elites as their designation implies have deep pockets.

The ruling elites as their designation implies have deep pockets.
I guess you missed the point. Of course, they have deep pockets. But they're beginning to steer their money away from Trumpism. What the speaker did and what the RNC did to both of them was uncalled for. All at the instruction of Trump.

I think they are all about to find out just how wrong they were.

I guess you missed the point. Of course, they have deep pockets. But they're beginning to steer their money away from Trumpism. What the speaker did and what the RNC did to both of them was uncalled for. All at the instruction of Trump.

I think they are all about to find out just how wrong they were.
I guess you missed the point. These ruling elites were always anti Trump. He's there worst nightmare.

If Republican donors are lining up for Liz Cheney what's she selling? Republican donors being what they are.

No, that was Bernie Sanders. Donald Trump cut their taxes and ruled like any other Republican would have. and ‘ruled‘ is the appropriate term for Trump.
Nice try but Trump ran against the ruling elites as much as against democrats themselves. He like Reagan was very unpopular among what Reagan called country club Republicans.

If Republican donors are lining up for Liz Cheney what's she selling? Republican donors being what they are.
Integrity. Honesty. Don't get me wrong, I do not approve of her politics. But I do respect her leaps and bounds above all the Trump boot lickers. Liz will give them tax cuts without lying 100 times a day. She will honor her oath of office as she is doing now. Unlike the large majority of the rest of them.

Integrity. Honesty. Don't get me wrong, I do not approve of her politics. But I do respect her leaps and bounds above all the Trump boot lickers. Liz will give them tax cuts without lying 100 times a day. She will honor her oath of office as she is doing now. Unlike the large majority of the rest of them.

Sounds like she'd be more comfortable as a Democrat then.

Sounds like she'd be more comfortable as a Democrat then.
Whatever she is, we need a lot more like her. How can it be that only two house republicans got on the correct side of things after 1-6? I'll tell you how. Because they cared more about our country than their stinking republican politics.

Whatever she is, we need a lot more like her. How can it be that only two house republicans got on the correct side of things after 1-6? I'll tell you how. Because they cared more about our country than their stinking republican politics.

The correct side of things after 1-6 is it was a temper tantrum protest, nothing more. No governments were in danger of being overthrown.

The correct side of things after 1-6 is it was a temper tantrum protest, nothing more. No governments were in danger of being overthrown.
That's total BS and you know it. 1-6 was the last-ditch effort to stop the electoral count and possibly throw the election to Trump. In the two months leading up to 1-6 there were numerous coup plots that all failed. You know the old saying. Attempted bank robbery will get you in jail just the same as bank robbery.

And if your statement were true, can you explain all the seditious conspiracy charges?

There were 10 House Republicans, not two, and seven senators. Okay, not a lot, but give them the credit they're due.

There were 10 House Republicans, not two, and seven senators. Okay, not a lot, but give them the credit they're due.
Yes, but none that have been as outspoken. And even McConnell laid the blame on Trump directly after 1-6. Then later said, hell yes, I'll support him if he's the nominee. What a bunch of hypocrites.

That's total BS and you know it. 1-6 was the last-ditch effort to stop the electoral count and possibly throw the election to Trump. In the two months leading up to 1-6 there were numerous coup plots that all failed. You know the old saying. Attempted bank robbery will get you in jail just the same as bank robbery.

And if your statement were true, can you explain all the seditious conspiracy charges?

I can explain all the seditious conspiracy charges: Pure political miscarriage of justice.

Probably more of the tax and regulation styles of Trump but without the crazier actions.

If I had to guess.

I guess you missed the point. These ruling elites were always anti Trump. He's there worst nightmare.
Um, how so? It's not like Trump loving politicians are anti-business.

Yes, but none that have been as outspoken. And even McConnell laid the blame on Trump directly after 1-6. Then later said, hell yes, I'll support him if he's the nominee. What a bunch of hypocrites.
So they have to be loud, too? I think you're just saying REPUBLICANS BAAAAAAD. Right? You don't need any excuses, just say it.

So they have to be loud, too? I think you're just saying REPUBLICANS BAAAAAAD. Right? You don't need any excuses, just say it.
No. All republicans aren't BAD. The majority just don't have enough integrity to pull away from the deplorable base long enough to worry about democracy. It's all about re-election and minority rule.

No. All republicans aren't BAD. The majority just don't have enough integrity to pull away from the deplorable base long enough to worry about democracy. It's all about re-election and minority rule.
That lack of integrity is what makes them bad IMO. Same with democrats that lack integrity.

Back
Top Bottom