• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican delegates – Rebellion

Delegates will rebel at Convention?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump Delegates numbers that rebel -Over 301

• Trump Delegates numbers that rebel Numbers that rebel - Over 501

• RNC /States will strip delegates – Yes

• States will have sufficient alternates available prior to the 1st ballot –Yes

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Trump has approx. 1532 delegates.
Other delegates will they vote for him or another?
Cruz, Rubio and such, do their names remain on the ballot.
1237 needed to win.
Trump receives less than 1000 on the 1st ballor as many refuse to vote Trump.
Do they halt the voting so that State(s) can have an alneate approved?

2nd ballot
Delegates most if not all then are unbound and can vote freely.

Some background information from the links below.

Over 1000 delegates -alternates and other supporters participated in the conference call. Clearly the RNC/States are getting nervous.

Retaliation from the Republican Party at the State level includes fines, to revoking membership to stripping delegates of their Convention credentials.

So consider this.
They are bound to Trump on the 1st ballot.
What happens if they sit on their hands? They withheld their vote. They did not vote for another candidate.
Will the Party have enough alternates to then strip the delegate(s) and substitute another?

I understand that delegates pay their own freight to the Convention –Yes- No??
The TV images of hundreds or possibly more delegates sitting on their hands/ voting for another candidate how will that play on national TV networks.

Then stripping the delegates of credentials, inserting another, well the time to do that would be substantial.

Will States have enough alternates approved prior to the Convention?
And while this is ongoing, it is playing nationwide.

Dated Jun 20th
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...fb25cc-36f7-11e6-9ccd-d6005beac8b3_story.html

Dated Jun 20th
Anti-Donald Trump delegate faction says it's raising cash, faces long odds - CNNPolitics.com

Dated Jun 19th
1,000 People Dial in to Conference Call to Unbind GOP Delegates - ABC News

Poll
Delegates will rebel at Convention?
Yes
No
Trump Delegates numbers that rebel -Under 150
Trump Delegates numbers that rebel –Over 151
Trump Delegates numbers that rebel -Over 301
Trump Delegates numbers that rebel Numbers that rebel - Over 501
RNC/States will take no action- Yes
RNC /States will strip delegates – Yes
States will have sufficient alternates available prior to the 1st ballot –Yes

Last edited:
Who would they nominate if not Trump ?

Huckabee ? Lol !!

Sadly, I don't think they will. I wish they would but they won't.

Afternoon Tres.
I disagree. Since he became the nominee it has been all downhill. From what I recall Ryan called him a racist, but did not withdraw support??? Is that correct?
Fundraising, tens of millions behind HRC
Staffing- 70 people- HRC runs a staff of 700.
Trump expects the RNC to do battle, funding and such in the swing States.

His rhetoric that many expected would lessen on Muslims and such, well I need not say a word.
2 A- divisors on that between him, RNC and the NRA
This campaign is a train wreck. Read any newspaper, left, right, or centrist, theay all seems to have the same talking points.
Rather unusual for a broad based media, from far left to far right to be on, for the most part, the same page

Now how will the RNC stop a rebellion, it is coming and growing fast.
As I am completely unfamiliar with the RNC-State rules and such so I posed some questions.
Priebus is lost, poor bugger is in a no win position.

It would be, I think, a death knell for the GOP. Or what passes for the GOP right now. Trump won the nomination by turnoing out the zealot wing of the party and they will rais 9 kinds of Hell if he's denied.

I think Trump runs, and loses to the weakest, most vulnerable DNC candidate in decades. Such a damn shame.

Afternoon Tres.
I disagree. Since he became the nominee it has been all downhill. From what I recall Ryan called him a racist, but did not withdraw support??? Is that correct?
Fundraising, tens of millions behind HRC
Staffing- 70 people- HRC runs a staff of 700.
Trump expects the RNC to do battle, funding and such in the swing States.

His rhetoric that many expected would lessen on Muslims and such, well I need not say a word.
2 A- divisors on that between him, RNC and the NRA
This campaign is a train wreck. Read any newspaper, left, right, or centrist, theay all seems to have the same talking points.
Rather unusual for a broad based media, from far left to far right to be on, for the most part, the same page

Now how will the RNC stop a rebellion, it is coming and growing fast.
As I am completely unfamiliar with the RNC-State rules and such so I posed some questions.
Priebus is lost, poor bugger is in a no win position.

Yup, I wish Ryan would withdraw his support of Trump. So far he hasn't. As for Priebus, he's in a job nobody would want right now. This is a disaster all around. Like Trump is.

Yup, I wish Ryan would withdraw his support of Trump. So far he hasn't. As for Priebus, he's in a job nobody would want right now. This is a disaster all around. Like Trump is.

At the beginning it was the RNC Elites, now it is at the grassroots level, and their numbers have increased since their inception.
The RNC is supposedly trying to come up with a way out, "Conscientious Objector" status.
I am sure they see the groundswell rising and are lost in what to do.

At the beginning it was the RNC Elites, now it is at the grassroots level, and their numbers have increased since their inception.
The RNC is supposedly trying to come up with a way out, "Conscientious Objector" status.
I am sure they see the groundswell rising and are lost in what to do.

I agree. The idea of someone who clearly isn't a Republican nor a conservative being the party's nominee to run against the weakest candidate the Democrats could possibly have put up is simply confounding and hideous. I can't believe it's come to this. Those two are the best this country has?

Whatever the GOP does they better come up with it fast. Cleveland is looming.

barring some sort of massive news event (like Trump has done something really, really bad that we don't know about or has a complete meltdown in public,) it's not going to happen. denying him the nomination will split the party. that means effectively surrendering the presidential race and putting Republican control of congress at risk. i don't see them doing that; though i also predicted incorrectly on this site that Trump wouldn't be the nominee because the Republican party is not suicidal. "suicidal" is probably too strong of a descriptor, but they definitely nominated a poison pill whether he wins or loses in the general.

I agree. The idea of someone who clearly isn't a Republican nor a conservative being the party's nominee to run against the weakest candidate the Democrats could possibly have put up is simply confounding and hideous. I can't believe it's come to this. Those two are the best this country has?

At least 1 major Corp has withdrawn their advertising at the Convention

No true scotsman fallacy.

Trump is the preeminent republican, you cannot claim that he is "no true republican." You have absolutely no basis for this declaration.

It would not be one who ran in the primaries.
Now VP????

Then who ? Paul Ryan ? Romney ?

I guess Romney could run. I think Ryan doesn't want to play a role in ripping the party asunder.

Then who ? Paul Ryan ? Romney ?

I guess Romney could run. I think Ryan doesn't want to play a role in ripping the party asunder.

I do not have an answer for that.
For VP, that IMHO should be Kasich.

It would not be one who ran in the primaries.
Now VP????

I would think it would have to be someone who ran in the primaries. Nobody else could get on the ballot in all 50 States at this point.

I rebelled some years ago by quitting the Republican party after Bush's Iraq follies. Romney solidified my decision later on as being a republican nominee. Romney attacked Trump more strongly than he did his democrat opponent during his run for the Oval Oriface. What a spineless & cowardly turd he turned out to be.

At least 1 major Corp has withdrawn their advertising at the Convention

Yup, Apple. That was kind of goofy and symbolic of something, I suppose. Makes no difference to me. I want real Republicans and real conservatives to denounce Trump. Party leaders. Respected governors. Congressmen. And so on. This guy is a fraud, and getting behind him just would be the end of the party to me. They need to remind everyone that he's a NY Democrat masquerading as a Republican, and duping dumb people into supporting him.

Yup, Apple. That was kind of goofy and symbolic of something, I suppose. Makes no difference to me. I want real Republicans and real conservatives to denounce Trump. Party leaders. Respected governors. Congressmen. And so on. This guy is a fraud, and getting behind him just would be the end of the party to me. They need to remind everyone that he's a NY Democrat masquerading as a Republican, and duping dumb people into supporting him.
Apple did not want to be associated with Trump
Similar to companies that boycotted States, cancelled jobs due to (so called religious freedom) laws passed recently.

I would think it would have to be someone who ran in the primaries. Nobody else could get on the ballot in all 50 States at this point.

Excellent point I had read where many thought it should be someone that had not run in the Primaries.
I have no idea of the deadline dates if it was a non primary nominee. States would be hard pressed not to amend the timelines.
Those that did not would be pilloried in the press.

There was one contested convention I watched where the delegates from each state were being polled individually...rather than just having the chairman of the delegation read the vote totals.

This could be very interesting.

I certainly am going to be watching the Republican convention...that's for sure.

There was one contested convention I watched where the delegates from each state were being polled individually...rather than just having the chairman of the delegation read the vote totals.

This could be very interesting.

I certainly am going to be watching the Republican convention...that's for sure.

Records for TV viewers will be broken.

Records for TV viewers will be broken.

Yup. I'd almost bet on it.

In that one convention I mentioned where they polled several delegations upon request by one member of the delegation, I remember lots of laughter when the delegation from Puerto Rico or Guam or American Samoa (2 delegates) requested polling.

As I stated on a similar thread, like a small plane caught in a thunderstorm, its only shot is to fly straight forward...

The opportunity for the Republicans to have nominated a winning candidate has passed. You got, what you got.

Frankentrump2.jpg

Maybe you should have paid attention to your own thinking, Republicans
http://goproject.gop.com/rnc_growth_opportunity_book_2013.pdf

Back
Top Bottom