• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Cruz taps Fiorina as No. 2 in bid to revive presidential prospects

Blue_State

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
What a loser. The guy has no chance of winning out right and he picks a vp.

I hope he doesn't give a victory speech when it's time for him to concede.

What a loser. The guy has no chance of winning out right and he picks a vp.

This is really not the time for that. Game theory says it gives Mr. Trump the best chance. Kasich's only path is to become his Donald's VP.

She brings no meaningful qualities to the potential ticket that I can think of. It's an exercise in futility as it were, seeing as Cruz's path to the WH is practically non-existent, but this seems in line with the decision making of a failed campaign.

This is really not the time for that. Game theory says it gives Mr. Trump the best chance. Kasich's only path is to become his Donald's VP.
Kasich might have been Trump's VP if he hadn't made the sleazy deal with Cruz.

She is going to be pummeled for outsourcing and the "anyone but Americans" use of H1B's in the computer industry.

Kasich might have been Trump's VP if he hadn't made the sleazy deal with Cruz.

Greetings, Grant. :2wave:

I don't think he ever intended to be anybody's VP, but this election cycle has been so weird that nothing will surprise me! Nothing! :mrgreen: It's not over yet, though, and while it doesn't appear that even The Donald is going to get the 1237 magic number needed to be the winner - although he will be closer than anyone else - this will mean a "brokered" or "contested" convention in July in Cleveland. THAT I am not looking forward to due to the veiled warnings against unfairness that we are already starting to hear, which could further agitate and divide an already unhappy and angry populous.... :eek: Further, if Sanders is forced to drop out, what are his followers going to do...

Last edited:
She is going to be pummeled for outsourcing and the "anyone but Americans" use of H1B's in the computer industry.

My wife worked as an IT consultant in Roseville back in the day. Don't think you could fill an elevator with Fiorina fans. She benefits from the 100 mile rule... the farther you are from her, the better her resume looks... :peace

Oh, this is going to jump start his campaign for sure.

b3b8ae597aaa33fdaa3c69a2f2d8a841.jpg

Greetings, Grant. :2wave:

I don't think he ever intended to be anybody's VP, but this election cycle has been so weird that nothing will surprise me! Nothing! :mrgreen: It's not over yet, though, and while it doesn't appear that even The Donald is going to get the 1237 magic number needed to be the winner - although he will be closer than anyone else - this will mean a "brokered" or "contested" convention in July in Cleveland. THAT I am not looking forward to due to the veiled warnings against unfairness that we are already starting to hear, which could further agitate and divide an already unhappy and angry populous.... :eek: Further, if Sanders is forced to drop out, what are his followers going to do...
Hi Polgara!:2wave:

Weren't you a Kasich supporter at one time? I certainly was but then cooled somewhat. I think this deal with Cruz only typified what the voters are rebelling against.

I'm not as concerned about Trump winning anymore. There is still the Supremes, Congress and the Senate and he can surround himself with some excellent advisers; If the country can survive two terms of Barrack Obama then it can survive Donald Trump.

Desperate, maybe. But still brilliant. Nullifies the whole "war on women" that Hillary is surely hoping to bring up. Adds the whole "leadership/business" angle that many are looking for in the Donald. It will be fascinating to see how it all turns out.

I don't see this going down as brilliant.

Talk about desperation. Fiorina is hated in California, because they know her best.

This is like a Hail Mary...to the wrong end zone.

Which is great, because Cruz is loathsome, and would actually be worse than Trump.

I honestly don't necessarily dislike Carly. I like her much more than Clinton.

I think it's political though, Carly is an "outsider" like Trump with a business background like him. The difference is I think she's more articulate, polite, and intelligent compared to Trump.

I've almost lost faith in Republicans. They're being manipulated by a small-minded demagogue (Trump) who has no chance in the national election. They're committing political suicide because they're thinking with their anger and resonating with a blowhard. If the GOP or the voters in the GOP allow Trump to get the ticket I don't think I could ever vote Republican. The only other thing is I also really dislike the Dem platform and both their candidates too... I'd take a Cruz-Fiorina presidency over Trump, Clinton, or Sanders one any day.

Last edited:
Oh. Dear. God. That woman is Satan incarnate.

/facepalm

Makes sense.

Hail mary into your own end zone, lose the game gloriously by giving your opponent the safety.

Republican Cruz taps Fiorina.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW.

Desperate, maybe. But still brilliant. Nullifies the whole "war on women" that Hillary is surely hoping to bring up. Adds the whole "leadership/business" angle that many are looking for in the Donald. It will be fascinating to see how it all turns out.

He should have chosen a black lesbian in a wheelchair who speaks Spanish. But, no. Not Mr. Genius.

I mean, if you are going to pander, pander hard!

Hi Polgara!:2wave:

Weren't you a Kasich supporter at one time? I certainly was but then cooled somewhat. I think this deal with Cruz only typified what the voters are rebelling against.

I'm not as concerned about Trump winning anymore. There is still the Supremes, Congress and the Senate and he can surround himself with some excellent advisers; If the country can survive two terms of Barrack Obama then it can survive Donald Trump.

:agree: I am still a Kasich supporter because he is still more qualified than any of the others running - he has a resume of accomplishments that can't be duplicated by anyone from either party - but I also believe that what is meant to be will be, even though we may not understand it at the time. The entire world is watching what is happening here, and there is probably much bartering going on behind the scene that we don't know about yet, IMO, but no doubt the truth will emerge in due time..... :shock:

He should have chosen a black lesbian in a wheelchair who speaks Spanish. But, no. Not Mr. Genius.

I mean, if you are going to pander, pander hard!

Perhaps.

:agree: I am still a Kasich supporter because he is still more qualified than any of the others running - he has a resume of accomplishments that can't be duplicated by anyone from either party - but I also believe that what is meant to be will be, even though we may not understand it at the time. The entire world is watching what is happening here, and there is probably much bartering going on behind the scene that we don't know about yet, IMO, but no doubt the truth will emerge in due time..... :shock:

Sorry polgara, unless every other possible candidate dies, Kasich has zero shot at the nomination. Not even zero chance, in negative numbers. Unless he lives in some bizarre personal mental universe the only reason he's stayed in the race after last night is for a VP slot.

Cruz has already pissed that possibility away. That only leaves Trump, and it wouldn't be a bad choice for him. But Kasich screwed himself with that Cruz/Kasich alliance flop.

Btw, this is a latecoming duplicate thread - this has all been discussed.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/2016-...ion/252128-cruz-picks-carly-fiorina-veep.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom