• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Cruz taps Fiorina as No. 2 in bid to revive presidential prospects

Praying to the comedy gods that Kasich comes out tomorrow with his VP candidate. Oh please, please.

:agree: I am still a Kasich supporter because he is still more qualified than any of the others running - he has a resume of accomplishments that can't be duplicated by anyone from either party - but I also believe that what is meant to be will be, even though we may not understand it at the time. The entire world is watching what is happening here, and there is probably much bartering going on behind the scene that we don't know about yet, IMO, but no doubt the truth will emerge in due time..... :shock:
Yes, Kasich has a very strong resume and his major win in Ohio demonstrated his popularity there as Governor. And while his time in DC was well spent I think the people are restless and want a change. They want to shake things up and Trump will do that.

You choice of Kasich is common sense but I don't think that's what the people want right now. I believe they feel there has been too much compromise with the result that the country has been consistently heading in a leftist direction, with ever greater debt and social problems, no matter who's president or who's elected.

I think Trump supporters want the country to be run in a more businesslike fashion rather than the same old 'I feel your pain' pandering. The constant refrains from the 'perpetually offended' and the need of 'safe zones' suggest that the country has been overtaken by adolescents, and Kasich has not said or done anything that might change this direction. Many sense that he wants to be liked rather than be President. That's my take anyway. Cheers!

Kasich might have been Trump's VP if he hadn't made the sleazy deal with Cruz.
Sleazy deal? Brahahahahahahaha.
Kasich can't compete in Indiana because he is out of money. There's lots of money being poured into Indiana by Trump and Cruz. Indiana has already elected their delegates. That's all Kasich was interested in. Kasich has no intention of helping Cruz. If he really wanted to help Cruz, he would have suspended his campaign months ago. My God Rubio holds more delegates than Kasich and Rubio suspended his campaign in Florida. The only reason he agreed to pull out of Indiana is because he has no money. Now he is headed to NM where he is in dead third and Oregon. For God sakes NM and Oregon give out their delegates proportionally and that is why he took those two states. And after that he is toast. He has no real game plan in California, he doesn't have the money well unless Soros gives him another couple of hundred thousand or crony capitalists who have been funding him to this point. You see they LOVE Kasich's amnesty plan within the first 100 days if he is elected. It's the wet dream of the Chamber of Commerce the biggest lobby group who poured millions into the coffers of politicians to support the gang of eight amnesty bill. But a funny thing happened on the way to the vote in the House for the gang of eight amnesty bill and that is Eric Cantor lost his seat for supporting it and securing votes for it and was replaced with a Tea Party conservative. This spooked the House Republicans ready to support the bill along with ALL the Democrats to get it passed and all of a sudden the votes were not there for passage.

Oh yes.

Kasich first approached Cruz campaign for a deal after Texas. Cruz campaign turned him down. At the meeting of the GOP last week in Florida Cruz team approached the Kasich team knowing they were close to being out of money and Kasich being the candidate who is never going to disappear because all along he has wanted a contested convention. Cruz team needs Indiana to stop Trump. Cruz campaign said they would not interfere with Kasich campaigning in New Mexico and Oregon if he would cease to campaign in Indiana. You see Kasich is using Cruz to do the heavy lifting to stop Trump because if Cruz doesn't then Kasich's dream of being nominated from the floor at the convention will vaporize. One of Kasich's surrogates was being interviewed this morning on Fox and he could not deny that Kasich would turn down a proposition from Trump as VP.

I'm not a fan of Kasich even if he is my governor for a number of reasons. You see a lot of his rhetoric is just not true. He ran as a conservative in the state of Ohio and did some good things but his second term, many of his policies were no different than Democrats. We in Ohio have just learned we are now in debt 6+million because of Kasich taking Obama's expanded Medicaid and if someone doesn't kill that piece of crap this is just the beginning of what this is going to cost the state of Ohio to continue it. But hey Kasich will have moved on and the next schmuck elected will have to deal with it. Right now the only candidate vowing to end Obamacare and not replace it with more government crap is Cruz.

Sleazy deal? Neither Cruz nor Kasich are asking for their supporters to vote for the other in certain states. But Kasich took no time to trash Cruz over his pick of Carly Fiorina on Twitter. In fact his campaign manager Black is a friggen lobbyist that is partners with the lobbyists running Trump's campaign. You want to talk about sleaze? Anytime.

:agree: I am still a Kasich supporter because he is still more qualified than any of the others running - he has a resume of accomplishments that can't be duplicated by anyone from either party - but I also believe that what is meant to be will be, even though we may not understand it at the time. The entire world is watching what is happening here, and there is probably much bartering going on behind the scene that we don't know about yet, IMO, but no doubt the truth will emerge in due time..... :shock:

Kasich is definitely one of the better candidates that the GOP has to offer. Although I think the "pizza with a fork" thing is what ultimately did him in. ;)

Kasich is definitely one of the better candidates that the GOP has to offer. Although I think the "pizza with a fork" thing is what ultimately did him in. ;)
So you support a candidate who is supported by crony capitalists and Washington lobbyists who happen to run his campaign? Gosh I never took you for such a schmuck.

One thing Carly Fiorina said in her acceptance speech tonight that stood out to me is this is an election not about Cruz/Fiorina, Trump or Hillary. It is about taking our country back from lobbyists and crony capitalists who are shafting the rest of us. Ironically Trump, Kasich, and Hillary's campaigns are run by Washington lobbyists and supported by crony capitalists. Nuff said.

Yup, Desperate.

just like VP Geraldine Ferraro(sp)

just like VP Sarah Palin

and now her....

You can't just reach down into the barrel and pull out a "female" to show the voters you are good with women's issues. A voting record is better.

This foolish effort will go down in flames just like all of the other barrel grabbing attempts did.

Yup, Desperate.

just like VP Geraldine Ferraro(sp)

just like VP Sarah Palin

and now her....

You can't just reach down into the barrel and pull out a "female" to show the voters you are good with women's issues. A voting record is better.

This foolish effort will go down in flames just like all of the other barrel grabbing attempts did.

You sound like an old fart who tunes into Fox News 24/7 the latest all in Trump Super Pac.

Hey did you happen to listen to Trump's Foreign policy speech today? Brahhhhhaahahahaha.
The adjectives being used to describe it by the professional analysts conservative or liberal are confusing, scary, incoherent, shallow.
You see that's the problem you have when a populist makes statements. Trump became incoherent because he wants to hold popular views at the moment with no long term game. A guy like Trump is all about popularity. If those views change so does his views. So if someone votes for him today they will most likely not get the same Trump they voted for 3 months later. It was painful listening to his speech. It was a bomb and more fodder for the left in the general. I think the funniest moment came in how he pronounced Tanzania. My God, there are fifth graders smarter than Trump. LOL

It was a brilliant move for Cruz to announce Carly tonight. I knew it was coming. Indiana is going to Cruz.

Last edited:
You sound like an old fart who tunes into Fox News 24/7 the latest all in Trump Super Pac.

Hey did you happen to listen to Trump's Foreign policy speech today? Brahhhhhaahahahaha.
The adjectives being used to describe it by the professional analysts conservative or liberal are confusing, scary, incoherent, shallow.
You see that's the problem you have when a populist makes statements. Trump became incoherent because he wants to hold popular views at the moment with no long term game. A guy like Trump is all about popularity. If those views change so does his views. So if someone votes for him today they will most likely not get the same Trump they voted for 3 months later. It was painful listening to his speech. It was a bomb and more fodder for the left in the general. I think the funniest moment came in how he pronounced Tanzania. My God, there are fifth graders smarter than Trump. LOL

It was a brilliant move for Cruz to announce Carly tonight. I knew it was coming. Indiana is going to Cruz.

So what is the theory....Wharton is on par with CUNY?

That is one very leaky boat.

and what exactly is your justification to launch a personal insult?

...because you disagree with my post?

So what is the theory....Wharton is on par with CUNY?

That is one very leaky boat.

Hey you can put any spin on it you like. Trump tanked in his big foreign policy speech. period. You may not find that out on Fox but it is all over the written media by analysts in foreign policy and on CNN and NBC, CBS, ABC.
Trump the populist with Fox News cheerleading for him making him a legitimate candidate, has steered many a conservative away from Cruz. Ailes despises Cruz. He is an open border guy a big supporter of amnesty, the chamber of commerce and loyal to lobbyists in Washington. Ailes is the ultimate crony capitalist. He also supports Hillary Clinton with big bucks playing both sides of the coin. Fiorina in her response to cronism and lobbyists shafting the American people filling coffers of politicians that will do their bidding described Roger Ailes.
No wonder Ailes despises Cruz. Hehehehe. And the teller in it all he has most of his team turned into a Trump super pac That should tell you something. maybe not. The art of critical thinking in this country seems to be on life support.

and what exactly is your justification to launch a personal insult?

...because you disagree with my post?

Go back and read your original post Retired, when you can be objective on your own words in your original post, until then you have nothing.

Go back and read your original post Retired, when you can be objective on your own words in your original post, until then you have nothing.

Calling me an "old fart"...(your words) is an insult, and yes, that is exactly how I took it.

Cease and desist your baiting posts and insults.

I love watching them eat each other, don't you?

So you support a candidate who is supported by crony capitalists and Washington lobbyists who happen to run his campaign? Gosh I never took you for such a schmuck.

I never said I supported him, I said he was a better candidate as compared to Trump or Cruz.

Hey you can put any spin on it you like. Trump tanked in his big foreign policy speech. period. You may not find that out on Fox but it is all over the written media by analysts in foreign policy and on CNN and NBC, CBS, ABC.
Trump the populist with Fox News cheerleading for him making him a legitimate candidate, has steered many a conservative away from Cruz. Ailes despises Cruz. He is an open border guy a big supporter of amnesty, the chamber of commerce and loyal to lobbyists in Washington. Ailes is the ultimate crony capitalist. He also supports Hillary Clinton with big bucks playing both sides of the coin. Fiorina in her response to cronism and lobbyists shafting the American people filling coffers of politicians that will do their bidding described Roger Ailes.
No wonder Ailes despises Cruz. Hehehehe. And the teller in it all he has most of his team turned into a Trump super pac That should tell you something. maybe not. The art of critical thinking in this country seems to be on life support.

What exactly did you expect 30 years ago when we started giving teachers awards for their comedy in the classroom skills?

Just sayin.....

Calling me an "old fart"...(your words) is an insult, and yes, that is exactly how I took it.

Cease and desist your baiting posts and insults.

But your ARE retired which makes you old according to your handle RetiredNSmilin. LOL

You obviously don't like the fart part. But you own it for your original post proved you to be one. It was unfounded void of any fact and now you want to call foul. Dang you are sounding more and more like a Trumpster! LOL "the system is rigged" (when he doesn't win)

Go back and read your own words Retired and justify them. I am not baiting you but simply making you justify your original words.

What exactly did you expect 30 years ago when we started giving teachers awards for their comedy in the classroom skills?

Just sayin.....

Rather humorous coming from someone with a signature, "VOTE TRUMP". Looks like you folks are reaping the rewards of the lack of critical thinkers among us. Those who have to be told by Fox News who to support in this primary because they have no critical thinking skills and need someone to tell them what to think!

Picks a VP when its being announced hes just about eliminated from the nomination ?? His last gasp hoping that convention delegates will shred the will of the voters and if they do they will pay dearly.

Carly Fiorna wont help cruz gain more voters, only those already for cruz would even consider a carly fiorina for anything. Womans vote ? Carly Fiorina outsourced their jobs too.

With Fiorina pick, Cruz’s H-1B stance now in question

n 2013, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) emerged as one of the Senate's top H-1B visa supporters, and argued for a 500% H-1B visa cap increase. But during his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, Cruz had a conversion.
m.2
SSD shootout: PCI Express blows away SATA and M.2 in throughput testing

For the better part of a decade now, the traditional interface for hard drives has been Serial ATA
Read Now

Cruz's presidential platform proposed a $110,000 minimum wage for visa workers, among other restrictions, as a way ending their use as low-cost labor. The move marked a complete turnabout on the H-1B issue.

Cruz's decision Wednesday to add former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina (and one-time GOP presidential candidate herself) as his running mate if he wins the nomination, may make his newly found H-1B beliefs a hard sell.

At HP, Fiorina was a prominent supporter of the offshore outsourcing model, said Ron Hira, an associate professor of public policy at Howard University, who wrote about Fiorina's approaches in his book, Outsourcing America.

"To pump up profits, she was an early adopter of the practice, which given HP's status as a leading Silicon Valley firm, pushed other firms to adopt offshoring," said Hira. "It set a precedent that technology firms would now pursue profits through offshoring and that meant that Wall Street would hound executives in other firms to do the same."

As offshoring gained, Fiorina played a leading role in defending globalization.

To make her point, in 2004, Fiorina said: "There is no job that is America's God-given right anymore," reported the San Francisco Chronicle.

With Fiorina pick, Cruz?s H-1B stance now in question | Computerworld

Perhaps Cruz believes if he acts all presidential and picks a VP, the path to the white house will clear.

In all seriousness though, he's still betting on a contested convention, which has a slim chance of happening.

Now that $500,000 Cruz gave her from his election funds is starting to make sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not even Fiorina and her family would be so stupid as to think naming Fiorina as your VP running mate would be a move that would advance your run for the nomination.

SNL wouldn't even think of this as parody, being too idiotic and pathetic to be funny.

It is, however, a very welcomed move for those of us who think a Cruz nomination would be a disaster for the Republican Party.

Significant efforts are required to avoid mouth-vomit watching Cruz. I never thought it would be possible, but I'd rather see the very obnoxious President Obama on TV than any of the 2016 lineup, either side.

Sleazy deal? Brahahahahahahaha.
Kasich can't compete in Indiana because he is out of money. There's lots of money being poured into Indiana by Trump and Cruz. Indiana has already elected their delegates. That's all Kasich was interested in. Kasich has no intention of helping Cruz. If he really wanted to help Cruz, he would have suspended his campaign months ago.
And this is another reason why this deal appeared sleazy. It was a bad move by Kasich, I believe, just as was Romney's earlier criticism of Trump. The politicians don't seem to get what's really on the voter's minds. They see Kascish being above the fray during the election, and certainly maintaining rspect, and then this ruined it, no matter hw politically expedient it might have been. This borders on the Clintonesque.
My God Rubio holds more delegates than Kasich and Rubio suspended his campaign in Florida. The only reason he agreed to pull out of Indiana is because he has no money. Now he is headed to NM where he is in dead third and Oregon. For God sakes NM and Oregon give out their delegates proportionally and that is why he took those two states. And after that he is toast. He has no real game plan in California, he doesn't have the money well unless Soros gives him another couple of hundred thousand or crony capitalists who have been funding him to this point. You see they LOVE Kasich's amnesty plan within the first 100 days if he is elected. It's the wet dream of the Chamber of Commerce the biggest lobby group who poured millions into the coffers of politicians to support the gang of eight amnesty bill. But a funny thing happened on the way to the vote in the House for the gang of eight amnesty bill and that is Eric Cantor lost his seat for supporting it and securing votes for it and was replaced with a Tea Party conservative. This spooked the House Republicans ready to support the bill along with ALL the Democrats to get it passed and all of a sudden the votes were not there for passage.
Hard to disagree!
Kasich first approached Cruz campaign for a deal after Texas. Cruz campaign turned him down. At the meeting of the GOP last week in Florida Cruz team approached the Kasich team knowing they were close to being out of money and Kasich being the candidate who is never going to disappear because all along he has wanted a contested convention. Cruz team needs Indiana to stop Trump. Cruz campaign said they would not interfere with Kasich campaigning in New Mexico and Oregon if he would cease to campaign in Indiana. You see Kasich is using Cruz to do the heavy lifting to stop Trump because if Cruz doesn't then Kasich's dream of being nominated from the floor at the convention will vaporize. One of Kasich's surrogates was being interviewed this morning on Fox and he could not deny that Kasich would turn down a proposition from Trump as VP.
You're well up on the intrigue. I felt assured that Kasich could be VP if he wanted it, given his experience, and that Trump seldom said anything negative about him. That's gone now with this Cruz thing.

It seems Trump can commit innumerable gaffes but it's the other candidates who implode. That tells me, and others I believe, that Trump doesn't mind the high stakes pressure, and that has a great appeal to much of the electorate.

I'm not a fan of Kasich even if he is my governor for a number of reasons. You see a lot of his rhetoric is just not true. He ran as a conservative in the state of Ohio and did some good things but his second term, many of his policies were no different than Democrats. We in Ohio have just learned we are now in debt 6+million because of Kasich taking Obama's expanded Medicaid and if someone doesn't kill that piece of crap this is just the beginning of what this is going to cost the state of Ohio to continue it. But hey Kasich will have moved on and the next schmuck elected will have to deal with it. Right now the only candidate vowing to end Obamacare and not replace it with more government crap is Cruz.
I think you've nailed it. Kasich will try to make everyone happy and, while popular over the short term, it is bad for long term policies.
Sleazy deal? Neither Cruz nor Kasich are asking for their supporters to vote for the other in certain states. But Kasich took no time to trash Cruz over his pick of Carly Fiorina on Twitter. In fact his campaign manager Black is a friggen lobbyist that is partners with the lobbyists running Trump's campaign. You want to talk about sleaze? Anytime.
Then that's just more sleaze, which pretty much eliminates him from all national politics.

Now that $500,000 Cruz gave her from his election funds is starting to make sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a lie. One of many being spread. It was a super pac that gave Fiorina 500,000 in advertising not the Cruz campaign. Candidates are not permitted to have any contact with the super pacs. A super pac can also support more than one candidate at a time.

Not even Fiorina and her family would be so stupid as to think naming Fiorina as your VP running mate would be a move that would advance your run for the nomination.

SNL wouldn't even think of this as parody, being too idiotic and pathetic to be funny.

It is, however, a very welcomed move for those of us who think a Cruz nomination would be a disaster for the Republican Party.

Significant efforts are required to avoid mouth-vomit watching Cruz. I never thought it would be possible, but I'd rather see the very obnoxious President Obama on TV than any of the 2016 lineup, either side.

LOL coming from a Canadian that's choice. I hear you have some real issues in Canada these days due to the leftist the Canadians chose in their last election.

Back
Top Bottom