• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican congressman Jim Hagedorn dies at age 59 after a two-year battle with kidney cancer

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Republican congressman Jim Hagedorn has died at the age of 59 after a two-year battle with kidney cancer.

The Minnesota Rep.'s wife Jennifer Carnahan, 45, confirmed the news on her Facebook on Friday morning and shared a photo of her holding her husband's hand in his final moments.

54363157-10527735-image-a-6_1645193807593.jpg

'It is with a broken heart, shattered spirit and overwhelming sadness I share my husband Congressman Jim Hagedorn passed away peacefully last night,' Carnahan wrote. 'Jim was a loving husband, son, brother, uncle, cousin, nephew, friend, brother-in-law, son-in-law, Vikings, Penguins and Twins fan and will be missed and remembered by many.'

:(

RIP.

Cancer is awful. Rest in peace.

RIP, terrible news. Cancer claims way too many.

Terrible news. He was way too young. I feel so sad for all of his loves ones. May he rest in peace.

I join other members (and guests) in expressing the deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Losing a loved one is the hardest thing in life.

Some people really never recover from the loss.

Back
Top Bottom