• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican-Appointed Supreme Court Shuts Down GOP's Bid To Ban Early Voting In Arizona

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This was a ridiculous lawsuit.

Which is why it was shutdown by the republicans appointed Supreme Court in Arizona.

The law that allows early voting, mail in voting and public ballot boxes was written, passed and signed into law by republicans.

Yet the republicans in Arizona now want to remove all of it. They can't do it the proper way with legislation so they tried a lawsuit.

It's just sad that we have a party that is doing all they can to prevent their state from self determination though the right to vote.

Thank goodness the Supreme Court of Arizona threw this lawsuit out.

Another example of how hateful and spiteful the gop has become.

As a democrat, I'm proud of my party and president biden whom I feel is doing a fantastic job dealing with the pandemic, the constant low dealing of the gop and now this conflict with ukraine and russia.

If you are a republican are you proud of your party?

Which is why it was shutdown by the republicans appointed Supreme Court in Arizona.

The law that allows early voting, mail in voting and public ballot boxes was written, passed and signed into law by republicans.

Yet the republicans in Arizona now want to remove all of it. They can't do it the proper way with legislation so they tried a lawsuit.

It's just sad that we have a party that is doing all they can to prevent their state from self determination though the right to vote.

Another example of how hateful and spiteful the gop has become.

As a democrat, I'm proud of my party and president biden whom I feel is doing a fantastic job dealing with the pandemic, the constant low dealing of the gop and now this conflict with ukraine and russia.

If you are a republican are you proud of your party?

I am a life long Republican and I am horrified to find the party has gone to the dogs, the deplorables. I saw this start in 2000. Now, its ****in sick.

Sure shoots down the classic LW whine about the GOP partisan SCOTUS, doesn't it?

I am a life long Republican and I am horrified to find the party has gone to the dogs, the deplorables. I saw this start in 2000. Now, its ****in sick.
There are a few real Republicans left in DC. Trump's influence has waned slightly, the midterms will be a good gage on his grip.

The Gov of FL is peaking too early, watch the dark horse. She is already in full view.

There are a few real Republicans left in DC. Trump's influence has waned slightly, the midterms will be a good gage on his grip.

The Gov of FL is peaking too early, watch the dark horse. She is already in full view.

The Indian from South Carolina?

Sure shoots down the classic LW whine about the GOP partisan SCOTUS, doesn't it?

This was the Arizona state Supreme Court.

It wasn't the federal Supreme Court.

You have confused the two.

The country suffers when there isn't a balance of at least two intelligent, responsible, working parties. They balance each other, keep each on track, counter each other's really bad ideas, encourage those ideas that work for both. When one party loses its way, falls into the grip of unworkable ideology, honors the fanatics and charlatans instead of the leaders, forgets its real goals, it leaves the other party without a sounding board, without a counter to their own bad ideas, without the pressure to see that their legislation serves all the people.

I'm a life-long Democrat. My hope is that intelligent, hard working and responsible Republicans take back their party and restore a balance to American politics.

The country suffers when there isn't a balance of at least two intelligent, responsible, working parties. They balance each other, keep each on track, counter each other's really bad ideas, encourage those ideas that work for both. When one party loses its way, falls into the grip of unworkable ideology, honors the fanatics and charlatans instead of the leaders, forgets its real goals, it leaves the other party without a sounding board, without a counter to their own bad ideas, without the pressure to see that their legislation serves all the people.

I'm a life-long Democrat. My hope is that intelligent, hard working and responsible Republicans take back their party and restore a balance to American politics.

I hope the same. If I have to vote for a Hillary again ill be sick!

Well dang it! Thank goodness this was thrown to the dogs.
I'll be so glad when Dushy is Dust.

The Indian from South Carolina?
No not Beverly Leslie

I believe Liz Cheney could upset the apple cart 2024, at least in the primaries. Chris Christie is aiso angling some.

Be careful what you wish for. We might end up with Kari Lake.
That's horrible. lol Thanks for that frightening scenario.
Why are we so lame? Jan Brewer, Ducey, Kari Lake fits right into that trail. OMG, NOOOOOOOO!

I'm really hoping we flip to Dem for a while. I need a breakie.

1649341451438.png

The knee jerk reaction to an election loss is rather alarming. Seems like a desperate attempt to keep power.
It's virtue signaling to the fringe/not-so-fringe elements of their base. Like a lot of proposed abortion laws they knew it would likely be challenged and shot down, but having it become law wasn't the real goal. If it actually happened that would have been icing on the cake.

The decades spent on pushing god, guns and country while claiming the moral high ground, thanks to trump has finally been exposed for the lie it is. Money, power and control, should be the mantra of the gop. They are not morally superior to anyone, they are not fiscally conservative and I'm sure the republicans in america have just as high a divorce rate as anyone else so all that family values crap is just that, crap. ***** grabbing, wife cheating, lying con man put all that crap to rest as the party smothered trump with admiration. If all that wasn't bad enough, now they are trying to destroy our democracy. Banning books, things we can't say or teach and the ever favorite target, abortion which right now oklahoma seems to be leading in the war against it.

I honestly do not see what the average american sees in the gop? They do nothing for their base and everything they can for the ultra wealthy and corporate america. That trump tax cut, hasn't it expired for the average person while the ultra wealthy are still getting it?

It's virtue signaling to the fringe/not-so-fringe elements of their base. Like a lot of proposed abortion laws they knew it would likely be challenged and shot down, but having it become law wasn't the real goal. If it actually happened that would have been icing on the cake.
Both parties have there share of crazies on the fringes. It seems like the crazies have overrun the GOP, just like they did Jan 6, 2021.

Both parties have there share of crazies on the fringes. It seems like the crazies have overrun the GOP, just like they did Jan 6, 2021.
Of course you will have someone in here shortly whatabouting your point but yes - Trumpism has enabled the fringe right, and whatever is left of the mainstream right has been cowed into silence/submission.

Amen. Compromise is not a curse, it's how business should be done for us americans.

I hope the same. If I have to vote for a Hillary again ill be sick!
That is the gop speaking through you. Hillary as far as this old man is concerned was probably the most qualified candidate I've ever seen for president in the ten times voting in a presidential election.

The gop did a remarkably fabulous job of demonizing her and comey's email nothingburger a week before the election all but sealed her fate.

Back
Top Bottom