• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reports: Milwaukee Bucks boycotting NBA playoff game this afternoon

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I love it. Start threatening white money and watch them fall in line.

You think white money is going to go towards that ****show?

all we need is a leader. just an mature man/woman who can speak to the nation and diffuse tensions.

i think Trump loves the killings. it's the chaos he needs.

It does not really work that way with this scenario. I suspect what this will do is threaten the money of people already on their side while further annoying the people who are already opposing their actions. The people affected by this most financially are NBA owners, and most indications are that owners already support the players' efforts. I argued with one person already who claims the players are ruining sports by politicizing events even though athletes have fought for civil rights essentially since the beginning of sports.

Who do you think owns NBA teams and the networks who broadcast their games?

Their American audience isn't going to tune into this ****show. Now their Chinese commie fans and commie money will stick with them, for sure.
This is now their response every time a black perp resists arrest and gets shot or dies.

Of course he does.. But not just the chaos ... Ego also.. He loves Trumpsters dying from Covid-19 because they are listening to him.

It's a cult, a death cult.. And cult leaders like Trump get off when their cult members die for them.. It's the ultimate ego trip..

His diversion causing riots and death is also an ego trip for him. History is full of leaders who love to cause death and destruction from their actions..Strokes their ego..

He;s a sick person.

It does not really work that way with this scenario. I suspect what this will do is threaten the money of people already on their side while further annoying the people who are already opposing their actions. The people affected by this most financially are NBA owners, and most indications are that owners already support the players' efforts. I argued with one person already who claims the players are ruining sports by politicizing events even though athletes have fought for civil rights essentially since the beginning of sports.

Their American audience isn't going to tune into this ****show. Now their Chinese commie fans and commie money will stick with them, for sure.
This is now their response every time a black perp resists arrest and gets shot or dies.

Case in point. Acadia beautifully, and disturbingly, illustrates how the opposition thinks.

The NBA has already capitulated as well as the NFL and even Nascar into supporting BLM because they know the future of their audience and revenue isn't with white wingers like you. They've already bet against you which only gives players and activists more leverage. You are right about one thing though. This is going to be the response every time from now on so if these white billionairs want to make an actual return on their investment they're going to have to step up even further and these black players are only just starting to realize the power they weild.

Case in point. Acadia beautifully, and disturbingly, illustrates how the opposition thinks.

Big money has already bet against the white wing. Either they made the calculation that they will still watch or that the loss of their viewership will be offset by younger more progressive viewers. I know it seems strange because we've lived our whole lives under a conservative mentality where their viewpoint was the mainstream and we had to fight tooth and nail for any little bit of ground, and we still do, but we also have more and more black voices in media and asserting their leverage as players and this younger generation isn't about giving the white wing a centimeter of legitimacy. They just ain't about that life and so I think we're going to see some big social shifts in the coming decade in how these thing are discussed and addressed going forward.

all we need is a leader. just an mature man/woman who can speak to the nation and diffuse tensions.

He thrives on chaos and division. Plus, it takes the heat off of his failure of handling the COVID pandemic. He needs the distraction, and to blame Biden for riots occurring under his watch.

He thrives on chaos and division. Plus, it takes the heat off of his failure of handling the COVID pandemic. He needs the distraction, and to blame Biden for riots occurring under his watch.

it's literally why US banks stopped dealing with him. they couldn't deal with his constant bull**** drama.

Big money has already bet against the white wing. Either they made the calculation that they will still watch or that the loss of their viewership will be offset by younger more progressive viewers. I know it seems strange because we've lived our whole lives under a conservative mentality where their viewpoint was the mainstream and we had to fight tooth and nail for any little bit of ground, and we still do, but we also have more and more black voices in media and asserting their leverage as players and this younger generation isn't about giving the white wing a centimeter of legitimacy. They just ain't about that life and so I think we're going to see some big social shifts in the coming decade in how these thing are discussed and addressed going forward.

Yeah, it does not change my love of the game in any way. I overall think that political and religious views should be kept out of business because it results in monetary loss due to people choosing not to support those businesses, but I see sports differently from most businesses. As I said in my previous post, professional athletes have fought for civil rights virtually since professional sports began. It is ingrained at this point. If people choose to stop watching for that reason, I think the bottom line will survive with slightly less revenue, and as you said in your other post, maybe it will get the people who are already on their side to put more effort into causing our systems to change. What is happening in our country right now is bigger than professional sports, bigger than financial concerns, and bigger than property concerns; it is about the value of human life.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does not change my love of the game in any way. I overall think that political and religious views should be kept out of business because it results in monetary loss due to people choosing not to support those businesses, but I see sports differently from most businesses. As I said in my previous post, professional athletes have fought for civil rights virtually since professional sports began. It is ingrained at this point. If people choose to stop watching for that reason, I think the bottom line will survive with slightly less revenue, and as you said in your other post, maybe it will get the people who are already on their side to put more effort into causing our systems to change. What is happening in our country right now is bigger than professional sports, bigger than financial concerns, and bigger than property concerns.

Well the reasons for that are that its sports where black people have historically had that power and that microphone. There aren't a lot of other places in American society where white America has felt comfortable with black people asserting their power than in the arena of sports and so we have to use what we got.

Well the reasons for that are that its sports where black people have historically had that power and that microphone. There aren't a lot of other places in American society where white America has felt comfortable with black people asserting their power than in the arena of sports and so we have to use what we got.

Exactly. I also see the faulty argument that professional athletes make too much money to understand or fight for social issues. Most professional athletes have experienced systemic racism more than most of the experts who write about it. They grew up with it, and they survived it by focusing on sports instead of other, more dangerous outlets or financial opportunities. Just because they stopped experiencing the atrocities low income communities experience does not mean they have forgotten how they were treated during their younger years. I believe they are uniquely positioned to both understand and change the systems of oppression that exist in our country.

Just give them the loss and lets move on. How stupid are these people? How much more money are they going to cost the economy? How is not playing going to stop people from committing crimes?

Just give them the loss and lets move on. How stupid are these people? How much more money are they going to cost the economy? How is not playing going to stop people from committing crimes?

STFU & dribble, right?

What the white wing is really upset about is that these players are smart enough to realize their leverage and bold enough to use it.

As if I should care about a bunch of overpaid primadonnas.

Back
Top Bottom