• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reported Polling Results Biased For Hillary?

Re: Reported Polliung Results Biased For Hillary?

Nope- Why is the republican campaign still divided at such a late date?
No focus on bringing the party together.
People disgusted by Trump continuing comments.
Fund raising in the dumps
Insurrection within the party over Trump.
The problems are in the news each day. Not hard to see.

Plenty of trouble in the Hillary campaign as well, even if the media doesn't cover it. I guess it's 'one of those elections'.

I have stated previously, and will continue to do so, that the GOP in congress, that weak sniveling, lack of backbone, blubbering mess, is about as useful as tits on a boar. The same goes for the RNC establishment. I'm 100% fed up.

Plenty of trouble in the Hillary campaign as well, even if the media doesn't cover it. I guess it's 'one of those elections'.

I have stated previously, and will continue to do so, that the GOP in congress, that weak sniveling, lack of backbone, blubbering mess, is about as useful as tits on a boar. The same goes for the RNC establishment. I'm 100% fed up.

True enough, but so far nothing sticks.

True enough, but so far nothing sticks.

Which is rather amazing considering how corrupt she is.

Must be a case of willful ignorance of the skeletons in her closet. That, or they are being saved for when it really counts, which isn't going to be until 4-6 weeks before the election.

Time will tell.

Which is rather amazing considering how corrupt she is.

Must be a case of willful ignorance of the skeletons in her closet. That, or they are being saved for when it really counts, which isn't going to be until 4-6 weeks before the election.

Time will tell.
I agree with you. I have no time for HRC. The Clinton Foundation has been and continues as a source of major corruption.

If a poll asks 1000 registered voters, and 600 say they are democrats, 200 independents, and 200 republicans, then within a certain margin for error, that is what they are. That means that there are more democrats. If you start out with a base assumption that there will be X number of democrats, Y number of independents and Z number of republicans, then if people respond otherwise, you are changing the poll results and making them less likely to be accurate. We went through this 4 years ago. It failed miserably, and it turned out in fact what the polls showed was more people identifying as democrats, not that the polls where biased.

LMAO I give up dude!

I agree with you. I have no time for HRC. The Clinton Foundation has been and continues as a source of major corruption.

And it's this corruption that I don't want to see in the White House, nor in the office of POTUS.

Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall Street.
Hillary is also bought and paid for by foreign nation and business leaders.
She comes to office, and there'll be a line out the back of the White House all the way to the gate of the characters expecting a return on their 'investment'.
It's the worst possible future for the nation, and I'm very surprised that there are so many who are so oblivious to this.

And it's this corruption that I don't want to see in the White House, nor in the office of POTUS.

She comes to office, and there'll be a line out the back of the White House all the way to the gate of the characters expecting a return on their 'investment'.
It's the worst possible future for the nation, and I'm very surprised that there are so many who are so oblivious to this.

All I can say is Trump. He would be and is a disaster.

LMAO I give up dude!

Since you are kinda lacking in facts and understanding of how polling works, or history, yes, you probably should give up.

Since you are kinda lacking in facts and understanding of how polling works, or history, yes, you probably should give up.

Dude, go next door and show your neighbor what I posted, they'll explain it to ya! :lol:

If a poll asks 1000 registered voters, and 600 say they are democrats, 200 independents, and 200 republicans, then within a certain margin for error, that is what they are. That means that there are more democrats. If you start out with a base assumption that there will be X number of democrats, Y number of independents and Z number of republicans, then if people respond otherwise, you are changing the poll results and making them less likely to be accurate. We went through this 4 years ago. It failed miserably, and it turned out in fact what the polls showed was more people identifying as democrats, not that the polls where biased.

But that's not how its working.

So lets take your example 1000 registered voters 600 dems 200 indies and 200 reps.
Well first of all the polling is hardly ever all registered voters but that's a secondary issue. The only polling agency I am aware of that consistently only polls registered voters is Rasmussen.
Secondly ok so they poll in your example 600 d and 200 r. certainly not a representation of the voting populace but ok maybe that's just what they got.
Now your example is more like the issue you were referring to 4 years ago... where some of the pollsters were purposely polling in areas where they would get more dems to respond than the normal proportion nationwide.

The issue this time isn't that its that they.. and lets use your example numbers again of 1k 600 200 200. And lets assume that all the dems had opinion b and all the reps have opinion a and the indies are half and half. I know they weren't but just to illustrate.
So that would mean 70% of those total polled had opinion b and 30% had opinion A. however what they are doing then is 'weighting' the results. weighting is done 'allegedly' to correct the outcome based on a representation of national averages.
So when the poll 1000 people like your result and 600 are dems that's 60% and 200 reps 20% ... however the voting populace isn't 60% dem and 20% rep. so what they do is they skew the actual response percentages to make the under or over represented parties in their poll more or less important in the calculation to try and correct it. This practice in and of itself is a bit shady as you don't know what math they are actually using and would generally have to write to them and ask.
But in this issue we are talking it is beyond that even as they are using incorrect numbers by which to base their weighting on.

All I can say is Trump. He would be and is a disaster.

An equally valid opinion and position to my own.

Still, at least he's not corrupt as Hillary is. There in lies the difference, at least to me.

An equally valid opinion and position to my own.

Still, at least he's not corrupt as Hillary is. There in lies the difference, at least to me.
I think it comes down to, who will cause the least damage.
HRC has high unfavorables within the party.
She was crowned before the race began.
As to Trump, just read the news.

I think it comes down to, who will cause the least damage.
HRC has high unfavorables within the party.
She was crowned before the race began.
As to Trump, just read the news.

Quite true. Who's going to do the least damage. In my estimation and opinion that's going to Trump.

Same old election decision. It never changes. That in and of itself is part of the problem as well.

So... I'm guessing you want the people who buy politicians to be in charge then? Wait... how could I possibly forget... you don't want Trump... :lol:

So... I'm guessing you want the people who buy politicians to be in charge then? Wait... how could I possibly forget... you don't want Trump... :lol:

As always in election choices, it's one between bad and worse. Maybe someday that'll change, we can only hope.

Given the decision that apparently will be before us, Hillary is the worse choice, clearly.

As always in election choices, it's one between bad and worse. Maybe someday that'll change, we can only hope.

Given the decision that apparently will be before us, Hillary is the worse choice, clearly.

Your avoidance of my question is pretty funny. Why have you decided to vote for a guy who buys politicians? :)

Your avoidance of my question is pretty funny. Why have you decided to vote for a guy who buys politicians? :)

As demonstrated in my first post, Hillary is already bought and paid for by foreign nation's leaders and foreign business interests. How's she possibly going to effectively negotiate trade deals when they have that 'hook' into her? This a vulnerability / liability that shouldn't be dragged into the office of POTUS; yet it is inseparable from her.

I did answer your question in that my opinion is that Hillary is going to be worse than Trump.

As demonstrated in my first post, Hillary is already bought and paid for by foreign nation's leaders and foreign business interests. How's she possibly going to effectively negotiate trade deals when they have that 'hook' into her? This a vulnerability / liability that shouldn't be dragged into the office of POTUS; yet it is inseparable from her.

I did answer your question in that my opinion is that Hillary is going to be worse than Trump.

That's like comparing Mao and Stalin and supporting one because the "other would be worse"

No. You keep talking about Hillary. My question refers to Trump. Again: Why would you vote for Trump when he buys politicians?

Last edited:

there should be absolutely no surprises by now about the lack of journalistic and polling integrity in this country. They are liberal. They are shills. The only polling that will matter will be in November, provided there isnt massive voter fraud.

It CANT be missed that Hillary Clinton and the democrats showed out in low numbers despite having Sanders energizing a significant voter base. Conversely, Trump drew record numbers of voters. So all the wonky states...they dont mean a thing.

Polling is a business............

To be successful a Polling firm must show it is able to be accurate........

Anyone who thinks Polling firms are biased on in the pocket of a candidate is............as they say......out to lunch

No. You keep talking about Hillary. My question refers to Trump. Again: Why would you vote for Trump when who buys politicians?

Allow me.

In the spirit of getting things done, as those who have purchased Hilary Clinton have proved, it's better to own a politician. It seems to me, knowing what it takes to get things done is superior to willingness to sell out to the highest bidder.

Why do think it's a negative to buy a politician, as you put it, when that is SOP in politics?

WTF?

Tell me again how the news media is unbiased? :roll: I really need to hear it again, maybe this time I'll believe it. :roll:

Well, at least the electorate isn't being fooled by this obvious display of bias in the Biased Lame Stream Media.

Are we doing this again this election? Republic ans used the exact same excuse 4 years ago to claim that Romney was not actually behind in the polls. Turned out the polls where right...

I think it's different than last time. Did the media polls purposefully distort the standings last time, such as they've done here?
They might have, but I don't recall them doing so last time.
So this is not 'the exact same excuses'.

I'd just as soon have honest and accurate polls that are using sound methodology. Wouldn't you?

It's common practice by accurate polsters to skew the number of republicans vs democrats vs independants in their polls based on other larger polls they've done about party affiliation. This is EXACTLY what was done in 2012. And conservatives "unskewed" the polls by claiming that if you take out the extra democrats and pull a few democrat leansing

‘Unskewed’ polls show nearly 8-point Romney lead
NEW YORK – Arguing that most of the major polls reported by establishment media are “skewed” in favor of the Democratic Party and incumbent Barack Obama, a website contends that a true gauge of the presidential race, based on more realistic models, shows Republican challenger Mitt Romney leading by an average of nearly eight points.

In its daily readjustment of the polling data, UnskewedPoll.com also produces a table showing the spread in President Obama’s approval/disapproval ratio is an average of 8.8 percent more disapproval, as of Monday.

Not a single major poll or approval/disapproval index favors Obama when Unskewed.com’s analysis is applied.

The website says there is Democratic bias in polling because of over-sampling Democrats based on voter exit polls

Read more at ‘Unskewed’ polls show nearly 8-point Romney lead

And when the election finally happened? This guy was so far off it was laughable.

Chambers' method of "unskewing" polls involved re-weighting the sample to match what he believed the electorate would look like, in terms of party identification. He thought the electorate would lean more Republican when mainstream pollsters routinely found samples that leaned Democratic.

But as it turned out, the pollsters were right — self-identified Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 6% in election exit polls....

But he said he probably won't go back to "unskewing" polls next time. He actually thinks conservative-leaning pollsters like Scott Rasmussen have a lot more explaining to do.

"He has lost a lot of credibility, as far as I'm concerned," Chambers said. "He did a lot of surveys. A lot of those surveys were wrong."

So how is this any different? Rasmussen defends the republican til the end, republicans bitch about unfairness and the lame stream media and the polls will turn out to be much closer in general than people think.

Allow me.

In the spirit of getting things done, as those who have purchased Hilary Clinton have proved, it's better to own a politician. It seems to me, knowing what it takes to get things done is superior to willingness to sell out to the highest bidder.

Weird way to go about things. You're not fine with politicians being bought and put into power, but you're fine with those who buy them being in power? What exactly is the difference if at the end of the day, the agenda of those buying is what is being put in place? :)

Why do think it's a negative to buy a politician, as you put it, when that is SOP in politics?

Strawman. I asked why somebody would be alright with somebody who buys them.

That's like comparing Mao and Stalin and supporting one because the "other would be worse"

Still it's the only choice that's available.

No. You keep talking about Hillary. My question refers to Trump. Again: Why would you vote for Trump when he buys politicians?

Because I'm certainly not going to vote for Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom