• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Trump Organization planned to give $50 million penthouse to Putin amid Moscow deal

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Excuse me mr. Putin, I'll give you a 50 million dollar Penthouse in Trump Towers Moscow if you help me with my election

deal?

Well for those who are a bit confused about the evidence
...it's pretty easy to connect the dots when there are only two dots.
--Rachel Maddow

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ion-vladimir-putin-penthouse-suite/2156031002

"In Russia, the oligarchs would bend over backwards to live in the same building as Vladimir Putin," Sater told BuzzFeed News. "My idea was to give a $50 million penthouse to Putin and charge $250 million more for the rest of the units. All the oligarchs would line up to live in the same building as Putin."

Last edited:
Whether there is any truth to criminal intent or not, that looks absurd.
Trump busy trying to bribe Putin with $50M to make some scratch.
Putin, who access the wealthy of an entire (tiny) nation (estimated at $50B-$200B net-worth) letting Trump do stupid stuff, and simply using it as Kompromat to get what he really wants, access to U.S. policy favorable to Russia, and/or disruption/weakening in the West.

The New York hustler got hustled.

Whether there is any truth to criminal intent or not, that looks absurd.
Trump busy trying to bribe Putin with $50M to make some scratch.
Putin, who access the wealthy of an entire (tiny) nation (estimated at $50B-$200B net-worth) letting Trump do stupid stuff, and simply using it as Kompromat to get what he really wants, access to U.S. policy favorable to Russia, and/or disruption/weakening in the West.

The New York hustler got hustled.

You nailed it. Putin saw an obsequious sucker like Trump coming from a Million Miles Away and played him and America like a violin. Chaos ensues Putin is smiling

Remember there are two dots to connect here: the offer for the 50 million dollar condo penthouse Trump Towers in Moscow and there was a Rumour something about Russian intervention in the election to help Trump or something like that. People have been sayin'...

Ya think?

Last edited:
https://www.businessinsider.com/ap-have-trump-and-putin-met-before-it-depends-when-you-asked-2017-7

By 2016, Trump's story had changed completely. At a July, 2016 press conference, at the height of the general election campaign, Trump denied ever having met the Russian leader.

"I never met Putin, I don't know who Putin is," he told reporters in Florida. "He said one nice thing about me. He said I'm a genius. I said, 'Thank you very much' to the newspaper, and that was the end of it. I never met Putin."

Trump would try to give a $50M suite to a guy he had claimed to never have met. I wonder who else he does that sort of thing for? Anyways, notice the date?

:)

If true, it violated a whole slew of American laws. An American cannot bride an official of a foreign government.

If true, it violated a whole slew of American laws. An American cannot bride an official of a foreign government.

Process crime.

You nailed it. Putin saw an obsequious sucker like Trump coming from a Million Miles Away and played him and America like a violin. Chaos ensues Putin is smiling

Remember there are two dots to connect here: the offer for the 50 million dollar condo penthouse Trump Towers in Moscow and there was a Rumour something about Russian intervention in the election to help Trump or something like that. People have been sayin'...

Ya think?

There was no offer made. There was some talk within the Trump organization of doing so involving Cohen but nothing of course came of it.

1/1/17

“Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!”

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/819159806489591809?s=21

Today:

“Oh, I get it! I am a very good developer, happily living my life, when I see our Country going in the wrong direction (to put it mildly). Against all odds, I decide to run for President & continue to run my business-very legal & very cool, talked about it on the campaign trail.......Lightly looked at doing a building somewhere in Russia. Put up zero money, zero guarantees and didn’t do the project. Witch Hunt!”

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1068444287380025344?s=21

This is the longest in a thread I've seen where Trumps worshippers haven't shown up and just simply denied facts.

You missed this then?:lamo

There was no offer made. There was some talk within the Trump organization of doing so involving Cohen but nothing of course came of it.

The offer itself is illegal, not having actually happened is immaterial.

I didn't see the part in the article where it said this was a tit for tat for Putin's help in winning the election. Can you quote that please?

Combination straw man and moving of the goal posts of the week.

Ya think?

Yeah, even if he didn't swallow the hook, Trump has evidenced he is the president voted "most easily compromised". We weed out such people routinely in areas of government that require top security clearance. for POTUS? Not so much, bring him in....what could possibly go wrong?

I agree. Trump is all about personal money-as-status and phallic buildings with his name adorning the top. Putin and these other world leaders (some of them anyway), are playing an entirely different game. Even 20 years ago they would have seen him coming a while away. They didn't even have to really seek out comprising material, Trump just sort of offered it up.

Yeah, even if he didn't swallow the hook, Trump has evidenced he is the president voted "most easily compromised". We weed out such people routinely in areas of government that require top security clearance. for POTUS? Not so much, bring him in....what could possibly go wrong?

I agree. Trump is all about personal money-as-status and phallic buildings with his name adorning the top. Putin and these other world leaders (some of them anyway), are playing an entirely different game. Even 20 years ago they would have seen him coming a while away. They didn't even have to really seek out comprising material, Trump just sort of offered it up.

Ok-- so show where over the past two years he has been compromised. Its not an unfair request to make.

Ok-- so show where over the past two years he has been compromised. Its not an unfair request to make.

Are you just pretending to have not read any of the news from yesterday? What is the pretense of ignorance doing for you?

Shhh, adults are talking. I came to the kiddie table in that other post to show you how wrong you were, but I'm not really gonna sit there for the dinner.

Are you just pretending to have not read any of the news from yesterday? What is the pretense of ignorance doing for you?

What are you talking about? Cohen pled guilty to perjury about events of 2016. And...?
Show how Trump has been controlled by Russia as president in 2017 and 2018. Thats what matters. It is not illegal for Trump to run his business as a candidate for president. Politically a problem of course. But that has nothing to do with Mueller or what the 'goal posts' are.

I didn't see the part in the article where it said this was a tit for tat for Putin's help in winning the election. Can you quote that please?

You'll find it in the same place you found the words about Bernie Sanders colluding with the Russians to beat Clinton.

What's so pathetic about Trump (among other reasons) is how that man whored himself to Russia for 30 years to try to build a building in Moscow, and for 30 years it didn't happen. He was such a failure as a business person that even the Russians didn't want to associate with him.

Now that he's POTUS he is of use to them.

Back
Top Bottom