• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Report: Serial Killers Cleared by Iranian Supreme Court as Victims' Activities Were U

debate_junkie

Worst Nightmare
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Serial Killers Cleared by Iranian Supreme Court as Victims Activities Were Un-Islamic

The Iranian Supreme Court has vacated the murder convictions of a group of serial killers because their victims were engaging in un-Islamic activities, the British Broadcasting Corp. reports.

The men were convicted for a series of grisly killings in the southeastern city of Kerman in 2002. The vigilantes were said to believe that Islam condoned the killing of anyone engaged in illicit activities if they issued two warnings to the victims, the BBC reports.

*snip*

FOXNews.com - Report: Serial Killers Cleared by Iranian Supreme Court as Victims' Activities Were Un-Islamic - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Whoa! This is serious business I guess. 2 warnings for doing "un-Islamic" things and then a person can be killed? Now THAT'S a scary precedent for any court to set.

edited note: I copied the title in. It's too long, hence why it's snipped at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Report: Serial Killers Cleared by Iranian Supreme Court as Victims' Activities We

Moderator's Warning:
I re-edited the title to fit and it is acceptable. ThankQ for your explanatory remarks!

Back
Top Bottom