• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: NSA cracked most online encryption

Another reason to minimize sensitive information exposure to the internet. Side note the NSA is probably dealing with more head games now that people know what's going on. The nation states are probably going to pick up the pace on false or misleading information in their communiqués. It's one of the oldest and most effective ways to cover actual communications. The only peoples that are really affected are those that use online banking and purchasing because now hackers know there is a backdoor in. You can bet they are working overtime to find it. All those secure email services are probably going to lose all their business now as well. Security software people too. I guess I should start a new business on teaching people how to do their own security measures. Of course with secret courts they could be compelled to reveal their encryption keys. Or they be put into dark hole somewhere till they do. Life in amerika today, aint it grand?

I think this sums it up best for me:

http://www.zdnet.com/has-the-nsa-broken-ssl-tls-aes-7000020312/ said:
Before I dive into the details, let me point out that much of this “news” isn't really news. Since it was founded in 1952, the NSA's job has been to intercept communications and break encryption. It's the organization's job. Only the most naïve would be surprised that the NSA has successfully broken "many kinds of encryption" and that this government agency has used any means it could to do so.

I guess the way I look at is if the NSA declared they cracked <insert evil country here>'s encryption, we'd all be patting ourselves on the back. The problem today is that because of standards, <insert evil country here>'s encryption also happens to be our encryption. So to me it's not a question of the NSA elevating its self, but a question of it's mission since it conception.

Back
Top Bottom