• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Hezbollah, Syria to join forces in future clash with Israel

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kuwait's al-Rai daily says Lebanon-based group, Syrian army have created a joint military command, dividing potential war fronts

The Lebanon-based Shi'ite militant group Hezbollah and the Syrian army have initiated a significant military cooperation in joint preparation for the possibility of a future armed conflict with Israel, the Kuwaiti daily al-Rai reported on Monday.The report came as Syrian president Bashar Assad urged Lebanon's Prime Minister Saad Hariri earlier Monday to support Hezbollah and maintain calm in the divided country.Speaking with al-Rai Monday, sources have indicated that Hezbollah and Syria have formed a joint headquarters meant to orchestrate the cooperation between the two forces, which is to be commanded by two officers – one from the Syrian military and one from Hezbollah.
Report: Hezbollah, Syria to join forces in future clash with Israel - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

If this is true, I think Israel should preform a preemptive strike or at least threaten Syria. Hezbollah should be destroyed regardless.

Kuwait's al-Rai daily says Lebanon-based group, Syrian army have created a joint military command, dividing potential war fronts

Report: Hezbollah, Syria to join forces in future clash with Israel - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

In a way I think that this is a good thing for Israel. Syria has used proxies of Hamas and Hezbellah in the past. So Israel had to hold back retribution. Unfortunitely Hamas and Hezbellah will probably used their missles when/if negotiations break off.

Israel should not worry about complaints by the U.N. and Europe which will happen no matter how they respond. But if Hezbellah and Hamas hit population centers with missles, Israel can no longer just try and pick off a few fighters that come out of hiding. If missles are fired then Israel should take it as a declaration of total war and respond the way the U.S. and England responded against Germany and Japan. The Syrian dictator needs to understand he is risking his citizens, not just having fun seeing how many Jews he can kill.

Syria probably figures Israel is going to attack them in the next war anyway so they might as well make sure everyone is working together.

In a way I think that this is a good thing for Israel. Syria has used proxies of Hamas and Hezbellah in the past. So Israel had to hold back retribution. Unfortunitely Hamas and Hezbellah will probably used their missles when/if negotiations break off.

Israel should not worry about complaints by the U.N. and Europe which will happen no matter how they respond. But if Hezbellah and Hamas hit population centers with missles, Israel can no longer just try and pick off a few fighters that come out of hiding. If missles are fired then Israel should take it as a declaration of total war and respond the way the U.S. and England responded against Germany and Japan. The Syrian dictator needs to understand he is risking his citizens, not just having fun seeing how many Jews he can kill.

Assad of Syria (Syria's tin pot dicksucker-tator) has long needed a slow, painful death.

Israel didn't destroy Hezbollah or Hamas .... just saying

Not yet ... because up to now ... Israel has shown great restraint. The first time a missle from a country governed by zealot apes hits a population center in Israel ... Isreal will rape Syria, Hezbollah, and anybody caught aiding either.

Syria probably figures Israel is going to attack them in the next war anyway so they might as well make sure everyone is working together.

My sense is that Syria wants in on the negotiations that are happening so is flexing it's muscles a bit. The problem for them is that their fate is in the hands of the nuts in Hezbellah. Bad move by the former Dentist.

Syria wants to have more power and influence in Lebanon, regardless of how it affects Israel.

Syria wants to have more power and influence in Lebanon, regardless of how it affects Israel.

I wonder if their military leaders are interested in getting into a full fledged fight with Israel.

I wonder if their military leaders are interested in getting into a full fledged fight with Israel.

Not unless they're certain they can win the war.
Israel can pretty much remove over 80% of the capabilities of the Syrian military within less than 12 hours, by utterly destroying its military bases.
It's not '67 anymore when the Syrians could even hope to stand a chance, the gaps between the capabilities of the two armies have increased exponentially during the years and the Syrian army is no more of a threat to the IDF than the Iraqi army was to the US military.

Not unless they're certain they can win the war.
Israel can pretty much remove over 80% of the capabilities of the Syrian military within less than 12 hours, by utterly destroying its military bases.
It's not '67 anymore when the Syrians could even hope to stand a chance, the gaps between the capabilities of the two armies have increased exponentially during the years and the Syrian army is no more of a threat to the IDF than the Iraqi army was to the US military.

Then what are they thinking by poking at Israel with their support of Hezbellah, especially with the Scuds.

Then what are they thinking by poking at Israel with their support of Hezbellah, especially with the Scuds.

They've been supporting Hizbollah since its creation, and that is nothing new.
To say that they are going to actually engage in a war with Israel if Israel has one with Hizbollah is nothing more than an idle threat.

To say that they are going to actually engage in a war with Israel if Israel has one with Hizbollah is nothing more than an idle threat.

It is one thing to support Hezbellah to the point they are a pain in the neck for Israel. It is another when the support gives them Scuds. Even if Syria does not want war, Israel may want to cut off the supply lines to Hezbellah which would mean an attack on Syrian positions.

They only supporting Hizbollah because Israel is occupying Syrian territory... "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".. and Hizbollah only exists because Israel invaded and occupied Lebanon and still occupy disputed areas. And Iran only supports Hizbollah in many ways, because it is a thorn in Israel's side (same with Hamas) and happen to have the same political/religious ideas.

And I suspect this has to do with Lebanese politics plus the never ending geopolitical battle between Iran and Saudi Arabia. A small thing that passed pass almost every western media out-let is the fact that it now seems Syria did not have anything to do with the assassination of the Hariri a few years ago, according to the now sitting Lebanese PM Hariri.

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

It is quite a coincidence that this report comes out just as Lebanon is snuggling up to Syria again, which is against among others... Saudi and Kuwaiti interests in the area, and of course that of the US and west, who are Saudi Arabia's and Kuwait's biggest allies.

As for Syria wanting to go to war with Israel.. only if forced too by Israel and even then it aint a sure thing. They did not go to war with Israel when Israel violated their airspace and attacked supposed nuclear sites, so why go to war for Hizbollah who they in fact have very little in common with, other than their loathing of Israel's policies in the middle east.

Of course these stories will be used by Israeli and US media to stir up even more trouble, since there is money in the conflict!

They only supporting Hizbollah because Israel is occupying Syrian territory... "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".. and Hizbollah only exists because Israel invaded and occupied Lebanon and still occupy disputed areas. And Iran only supports Hizbollah in many ways, because it is a thorn in Israel's side (same with Hamas) and happen to have the same political/religious ideas.

Yes and Israel has conquered the Golan because Syria has used it to bomb Israel, and Israel has invaded and occupied southern Lebanon because terrorists have made it their base of operations against Israeli targets.
However I did not ask why, I was simply stating the facts, Syria supports Hezbollah and so does Iran.

As for Syria wanting to go to war with Israel.. only if forced too by Israel and even then it aint a sure thing. They did not go to war with Israel when Israel violated their airspace and attacked supposed nuclear sites, so why go to war for Hizbollah who they in fact have very little in common with, other than their loathing of Israel's policies in the middle east.

If you don't believe those were nuclear sites bombed then I might as well say that those were not Israeli jets.
There is no proof. ;)

Of course these stories will be used by Israeli and US media to stir up even more trouble, since there is money in the conflict!

Actually no, Israel only loses money from the conflict, but I don't expect you to recognize it.

Yes and Israel has conquered the Golan because Syria has used it to bomb Israel,

Which is also not the whole truth is it now?

and Israel has invaded and occupied southern Lebanon because terrorists have made it their base of operations against Israeli targets.

Again, not the whole truth again... is it now?

However I did not ask why, I was simply stating the facts, Syria supports Hezbollah and so does Iran.
Yes and Israel oppresses the Palestinian people.. I am also stating facts.. we can go on and on and on like the parties in the conflict have now done for 50+ years.

If you don't believe those were nuclear sites bombed then I might as well say that those were not Israeli jets.
There is no proof. ;)

I aint the one making the claims am I now. No it in fact came from Israel, with no proof as you stated.

Actually no, Israel only loses money from the conflict, but I don't expect you to recognize it.

Sure........ I guess those military contractors are not earning a nice penny on equipping the IDF and maintaining a massive army right?

Which is also not the whole truth is it now?

Nope, it's the whole truth, and it's called history.

Again, not the whole truth again... is it now?

Again, fully true.

Yes and Israel oppresses the Palestinian people.. I am also stating facts.. we can go on and on and on like the parties in the conflict have now done for 50+ years.

That's what you did.
No one was asking why they support Hizbollah, I was merely stating a fact that they do support Hizbollah.
You came up and started reasoning their support for the terrorists, without telling the whole truth.

I aint the one making the claims am I now. No it in fact came from Israel, with no proof as you stated.

There is more proof that Syria was building nuclear sites than there is that it was Israel that has bombed it.
Simply playing it your way, you wish to claim that it's not crystal clear that those were nuclear sites, I say the same about the bombing.

Sure........ I guess those military contractors are not earning a nice penny on equipping the IDF and maintaining a massive army right?

Israel as a state loses plenty of money whenever an F-16i is dropping a half-ton bomb.

Not wehen the bomb and the jet are free on the american dime.

Not wehen the bomb and the jet are free on the american dime.

Wrong, Israel does lose money when its f-16i drops a half-ton bomb. That is a fact buddy.

What if the jet was free american overstock and the bomb was from an american subsidy? :p

Moderator's Warning:
Get back on topic

Back
Top Bottom