• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Cumulus To Drop Limbaugh, Hannity At Year’s End

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The second largest radio broadcaster in the country is preparing to drop perhaps the two best-known conservative shock jocks.
Citing an industry source, Politico reported late Sunday that Cumulus Media will drop both Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannnity from its stations at the end of this year. The decision was reportedly made after negotiations between Cumulus and Clear Channel, which distribtues both Hannity and Limbaugh's programs, unraveled due to a disagreement over the costs of distribution rights.

Report: Cumulus To Drop Limbaugh, Hannity At Year's End | TPM LiveWire

LOL

So? You honestly think people are going to stop listening to them because of this?

I think we've already been through this, Cumulus is a tiny portion of Limbaugh's syndication.

So? You honestly think people are going to stop listening to them because of this?

Heavens no. Plenty of lost little sheep still left out there.

This is unfortunate. I have long advocated folks like Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Stossel and Ms. Giant Hands Coulter be on a 24/7/365 loop on every TV in America.

The free market will handle it.

This is unfortunate. I have long advocated folks like Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Stossel and Ms. Giant Hands Coulter be on a 24/7/365 loop on every TV in America.

And they will continue to be.

Sure we have. It's called MSNBC.

and there Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Stossel and Coulter are on the 24/7/365 loop that I wrote about?

You really have your channels screwed up big time.

and there Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Stossel and Coulter are on the 24/7/365 loop that I wrote about?

You really have your channels screwed up big time.

Of course. They talk about them 24/7.

Of course. They talk about them 24/7.

Perhaps you could provide some verifiable evidence for that? While I no longer watch MSNBC very much, when I did or the occasional time I do now, I rarely hear much conversation from Limbaugh, Beck, Stossel, Hannity or Coulter or even about them.

The article is actually from Politico. TPM ran with it.

What kills me is the yawn factor of this whole thing. If they go liberal/progressives (who make a large part of there listening audience) will have no good reason to yell at their radio's anymore.

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. They aren't being dropped because of ratings, it's a garden-variety contract dispute. They'll be back on the air in those cities.

Owns and operates fm and am radio broadcasting stations in mid-size and smaller radio markets. Included is a company profile, investor information and career ...

Quote: from the Cumulus site.

Clear Channel is a much larger company with a much larger market in radio. I wonder why Limp ball And Hannity would want to move from a smaller company to a bigger company. They must be stupid.

That's correct and its looks like Clear Channel is on the short end of the stick.

I doubt they feel that way, given how much money he brings in.

Quote: from the Cumulus site.

Clear Channel is a much larger company with a much larger market in radio. I wonder why Limp ball And Hannity would want to move from a smaller company to a bigger company. They must be stupid.

Maybe you don't realize that they have been with Clear Channel (Premiere Radio) for years, and that out of 600 stations, Cumulus is on about 50.

Leave it to a far-lib like the OP to hate free speech...not that they're going anywhere.

Maybe you don't realize that they have been with Clear Channel (Premiere Radio) for years, and that out of 600 stations, Cumulus is on about 50.

Yes but C.C. will contract the for money if they get them exclusivly. I love how little Libs know about business (Not you American. I'm just replying to your response) but if the OP had done a little research and cared to understand business and how to make as much money before retirement as possible he probably wouldn't have posted this. But instead he looked at it through lliberal eyes and saw "Rush and Sean are getting fired" and couldn't type fast enough. Apparently Rush has been waiting for the last of his syndicate contracts to run out so he can drop Cumulus and get C.C. to boost his contract to have exclutes. It's going to take Sean a little longer because his contracts aren't up as soon.

I could have misread all the articles I just finished reading though.

Back
Top Bottom