• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: 92% of Afghans don’t know about 9/11; 40% think US out to destroy Islam

cartouch100

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
HEADLINE: Report: 92% of Afghans don’t know about 9/11; 40% think US out to destroy Islam

OVERVIEW: A new report says that almost all Afghans never heard of 9/11, and another 40% of the population think that the US is in Afghanistan only to destroy Islam.

LINK: Report: 92% of Afghans don

HEADLINE: Report: 92% of Afghans don’t know about 9/11; 40% think US out to destroy Islam

OVERVIEW: A new report says that almost all Afghans never heard of 9/11, and another 40% of the population think that the US is in Afghanistan only to destroy Islam.

That's...odd...I would think the 40% number would be much higher, otherwise, what does the other 60%, a super-majority, believe?

That's...odd...I would think the 40% number would be much higher, otherwise, what does the other 60%, a super-majority, believe?

This is very bad. If we do not have their trust, than no amount of martial action is going to accomplish our goals.

This is very bad. If we do not have their trust, than no amount of martial action is going to accomplish our goals.

Hasn't stopped us yet - why should the gov give a ****, now?

But I believe those numbers - they aren'tall tuned into a TV or really giving a damn about what does not directly affect them.

Hasn't stopped us yet - why should the gov give a ****, now?

Unfortunately sensibility seems to have little effect on many of our policies. This is one such example.

HEADLINE: Report: 92% of Afghans don’t know about 9/11

Which, I imagine, is probably close to the same percentage who do not know the Earth circles the sun.

Which, I imagine, is probably close to the same percentage who do not know the Earth circles the sun.

Yeah, I mean what, do these people not have televisions or radios or som-Ohhhh.

Last I checked, a sizable amount of this country actually IS out to destroy Islam...

Last I checked, a sizable amount of this country actually IS out to destroy Islam...

I wouldn't say "destroy."

Exile, cast out, repress, maybe. :)

Mind you, some people would say it deserves a fair old kicking if little else. I remember some survey taken in the West where we thought it was a war on Islam too.

For how many of us was it wishful thinking?!

TWO tv shows have been on just today. One was about Muslim upheaval is Islamabad (as good an example of onomatopea as you can get).

The second was about Muslim terror schools on British soil. Another one actually. And the truth has been uploaded for the whole world to see:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...faith-britain-even-poison-their-own-kids.html

(Scroll to bottom.)

Last edited:
Mind you, some people would say it deserves a fair old kicking if little else. I remember some survey taken in the West where we thought it was a war on Islam too.

For how many of us was it wishful thinking?!

TWO tv shows have been on just today. One was about Muslim upheaval is Islamabad (as good an example of onomatopea as you can get).

The second was about Muslim terror schools on British soil. Another one actually. And the truth has been uploaded for the whole world to see:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...faith-britain-even-poison-their-own-kids.html

(Scroll to bottom.)

Nazi Muslims. Plus, they're Brits, so doesn't that make them Commie Nazi Muslims?

:lamo

ROP, are you aware of the Daily Mail's... uhh... credibility issues? This isn't the first time I've seen you cite them.

Did anyone bother to read the linked page in the OP?
These findings come in a new survey from the International Council on Security and Development.

According to the ICOS report, the real reason that the beautiful and simply "misunderstood" Afghan people are so scarily ignorant (to say the least) is due to…our fault! That’s right! OUR fault…not theirs. Indicating that the authors of this report probably more than lean just a little bit left, the report concludes that the Western forces (US, NATO, etc.) fighting in Afghanistan have come short of "connecting" with the local population of Afghans!

To be sure, the report may be a little bit skewed since it only interviewed men and based its findings mostly on respondents from the country’s most war-ravaged provinces.
(the PDF of the report seems to bear this criticism out)

Also, the author of the piece seems as biased against the people who did the 'survey', as the people who did the survey seem to lean a bit left.

A large gran of salt should be taken both with the survey itself, and the linked opinion on the survey.

Unfortunately sensibility seems to have little effect on many of our policies. This is one such example.

agreed, how the world views the America doesn't seem to affect what we do which I think has some seriously underplayed repercussions.

Nazi Muslims. Plus, they're Brits, so doesn't that make them Commie Nazi Muslims?

ROP, are you aware of the Daily Mail's... uhh... credibility issues? This isn't the first time I've seen you cite them.

Not very British to want to cut limbs off, kill homosexuals, declare the Christians and Jews as 'apes and pigs', not to mention wishing to see the British way of life torn down.

The Nazis demonised their Jews before killing them as well. So there's a teensy-weensy (ie huge) similarity. Good heavens above, Mein Kampf is a best seller in the Muslim world, deals were brokered to provide Jews for the gas ovens had Hitler taken Egypt and Palestine and Tehran hosted a holocaust denial conference (well attended by both high ranking foreign Muslim dignatries and neo-Nazis). Oh, and Hezbollah Special Forces 2 is fed to the same Palestinians who cheered when the 'Jewish' 9/11 plot felled the World Trade Center.

So enough taquiyya on the Muslims' behalf.
Anyone would think you were the President of the United States.

Oh, and by the way, you moan on about the likes of the Mail but I've yet to see you discredit their article today. On top of that, the Red hypocrites are yet to tear apart the subversive nonsense spouted by the likes of the Guardian:

Joseph Harker: Of course all white people are racist | Society | The Guardian

Below impressed is the most you can say!

Not very British to want to cut limbs off, kill homosexuals, declare the Christians and Jews as 'apes and pigs', not to mention wishing to see the British way of life torn down.

The Nazis demonised their Jews before killing them as well. So there's a teensy-weensy (ie huge) similarity. Good heavens above, Mein Kampf is a best seller in the Muslim world, deals were brokered to provide Jews for the gas ovens had Hitler taken Egypt and Palestine and Tehran hosted a holocaust denial conference (well attended by both high ranking foreign Muslim dignatries and neo-Nazis). Oh, and Hezbollah Special Forces 2 is fed to the same Palestinians who cheered when the 'Jewish' 9/11 plot felled the World Trade Center.

So enough taquiyya on the Muslims' behalf.
Anyone would think you were the President of the United States.

Oh, and by the way, you moan on about the likes of the Mail but I've yet to see you discredit their article today. On top of that, the Red hypocrites are yet to tear apart the subversive nonsense spouted by the likes of the Guardian:

Joseph Harker: Of course all white people are racist | Society | The Guardian

Below impressed is the most you can say!

We get it. You think all Muslims are the sort you see on television, burning American flags and whatnot.

If this is true, this is a complete failure of our foreign policy. Complete failure.

We get it. You think all Muslims are the sort you see on television, burning American flags and whatnot.

No. Just plenty. A great deal more want Sharia law because they think British society is decadent.

You get nothing.

No. Just plenty. A great deal more want Sharia law because they think British society is decadent.

You get nothing.

Muslims the world over would have a lot more credibility, and a lot less skepticism/suspicion if they would renounce the evil pages of the Koran, and proclaim their support of the US Constitution and US laws, over Shariah law.
Problem is, very few do. In the final analysis, it is basic doctrine that Muslims are loyal to Islam before they are loyal to any nation. Muslims from one country share more comraderie to Muslims of another country, for instance, whose language they don't even speak, than they do to their own country.
This is why, in the event of an Islamic takeover of power in any nations, Muslims will be highly likely to not fight against that takeover, and in fact would likely support it.

Bang right. After 7/7, the mini September 11 which racked London, it took the Muslim Council of Britain EIGHT DAYS to put out a statement condemning the atrocity. For the gazzilionth time of media asking.

'Moderate' Muslims seem keener on their rights than their responsibilities. Sharia banking, slaughter and even hand washing MUST be implemented for example, yet there's no grace involved in blanket refusals to overhaul Islam or put themselves out to eject 'extremists' from their communities.

And even if we forget the thick seam of Islamofascism running right through the main Islamic institutions in Britain, the fact that only a handful of 'ordinary' Muslims took it upon themselves to stage a 'not in our name'-style march says a lot.

INFO:

Guess what? Somebody's cut and pasted my Debate Politics data and uploaded it to this Muslim blog: Islam a Religion of Peace? Then explain away this damning Government research paper! - new

Though I wonder why they starred-out a few words. They certainly weren't swears:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...n-away-damning-government-research-paper.html

A few hard questions the 'moderates' ALWAYS refuse to answer: http://www.debatepolitics.com/archi...ms-go-critical-and-attack-their-own-boss.html (post 2)

Last edited:
This is something that really troubles me.

92% of Afghanistan doesn't know about 9/11.
Afghanistan was harboring the people who were responsible for 9/11.

It was inevitable that we would take action against the people who were responsible for 9/11. Given these stats, it was similarly inevitable that the people of Afghanistan would see our actions as an unjustified invasion.

There was never any chance that we would be treated as liberators or that the war in Afghanistan wouldn't be difficult. I don't know what else we can expect.

From what I know of them, the Afghans are still a deepset tribal people. They've also had a rough history and fear outsiders, so those factors together give you a people who are both isolationist and readily aggressive.

Unfortunately, Islam is a god-given religion for them (no pun). Even Henrich Himmler has gone down on record as saying that Islam's a great religion for an overtly aggressive fighting people.

Now we've got the 'clash of civilisations', I reckon that the Afghan terrorists have a twin motivation - their perception of a defence of the realm and supercharged religious self-righteousness.

Don't like these apples, do you Left: Heinrich Himmler’s Adoration of Islam « Arctic Chicken's Weblog

Hitler's Soviet Muslim Legions

It would be good though if they got the "news" about 9/11, in full color, including all the gory details. Next time the Taliban and their Al Qaeda buddies come around, they should know who they're dealing with.

From what I know of them, the Afghans are still a deepset tribal people. They've also had a rough history and fear outsiders, so those factors together give you a people who are both isolationist and readily aggressive.

Unfortunately, Islam is a god-given religion for them (no pun). Even Henrich Himmler has gone down on record as saying that Islam's a great religion for an overtly aggressive fighting people.

Now we've got the 'clash of civilisations', I reckon that the Afghan terrorists have a twin motivation - their perception of a defence of the realm and supercharged religious self-righteousness.

Don't like these apples, do you Left: Heinrich Himmler’s Adoration of Islam « Arctic Chicken's Weblog

Hitler's Soviet Muslim Legions

Meanwhile, neo-Nazis and KKK members describe themselves as Christian. Christians also describe themselves as having a "god-given" religion. Christians worked for the nazis. Funny how I've never seen you condemn these actions, nor do I ever see Christians condemning these actions.

Until I haved a signed, notarized statement from all the so-called "moderate" Christians condemning these things I've described, I'm just going to go ahead and assume all Christians are extremists!

And once again it needs to be explained that Islam was a religion built for death, genocide and conquest and is unreformable. Each of these were not in the mind of Jesus Christ but were of Muhammad.

Also, true neo-Nazis believe in Valhalla, Norse gods and all that load of old rubbish. And on top of that, virtually all Christians do object and stand up to the likes of the KKK.

After all, it's not the Christians plunging the world into flames.

This is garbage. You guys, don't visit any examiner sites. These are pay-by-hit blogs. This is a spammer. Get rid of these guys, there's no place for them in politics.

That 92% figure is just plain made up. These guys are trying to earn a few bucks. Seriously, a mod should ban the OP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom