• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: 21st Century Fox to remove Ailes as Fox News CEO

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Twenty-First Century Fox chairman Rupert Murdoch and his sons have agreed to remove Fox News Channel CEO Roger Ailes from his job following a sexual harassment lawsuit from a former Fox broadcaster and an internal investigation of the matter, the New York magazine reported Monday.

Turns out that it wasn't just Gretchen Carlson he was sexually harassing. Several women at FOX News have now come forward. One of them claims that Ailes asked her to show him her underwear. After an internal investigation. Ailes is getting the boot, and rightfully so.

I hope Ms. Carlson cleans this asshole's wallet completely out.

Article is here.

What a scumbag. Here's the kicker:
Rupert Murdoch wants to wait until the GOP convention this week concludes before taking any action,
Hey, we found out that there's a man who sexually harassed our employees. Let's keep him on payroll for another week. :confused:

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the allegations are true, since there was an internal investigation.

What a scumbag. Here's the kicker:

Hey, we found out that there's a man who sexually harassed our employees. Let's keep him on payroll for another week. :confused:

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the allegations are true, since there was an internal investigation.
"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"!!! :doh

Amazing. Freaking amazing.

Can there any doubt whatsoever, that Fox is the organ of the Republican Party?

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"!!! :doh

Amazing. Freaking amazing.

Can there any doubt whatsoever, that Fox is the organ of the Republican Party?

I watched two of the Sunday shows. One was on Fox and one was on one of the NBC clones.

Both presented roughly the same facts.

On Fox, those facts caused the panelists to be somewhat upbeat about the Republican's chances as they were presented in a way that was complimentary to the Republicans.

On the NBC show, the panelists were condemning the Republican's chances using the same facts and seemed positively giddy about the upcoming demise of the Party. Tom Brokaw was on the NBC Panel. I'm sorry. I don't recall the particular shows in either case.

On balance, I would say that the NBC presentation was a little more slanted against the Republican side of things than the Fox show was slanted toward the Republican side of things.

It's rare that I happen to see two shows on the same topic matter with the same actual facts that presents conclusions so dramatically different. Neither of the shows was a straight news show.

Why does ignoring sexual harassment allegations make Fox an "organ of the Republican Party"? Given the relative position of the Republicans and the Democrats, it seems like ignoring sexual harassment would be more akin to Democrat principles than Republican principles. Their current candidate seems to have done so pretty regularly.

I watched two of the Sunday shows. One was on Fox and one was on one of the NBC clones.

Both presented roughly the same facts.

On Fox, those facts caused the panelists to be somewhat upbeat about the Republican's chances as they were presented in a way that was complimentary to the Republicans.

On the NBC show, the panelists were condemning the Republican's chances using the same facts and seemed positively giddy about the upcoming demise of the Party. Tom Brokaw was on the NBC Panel. I'm sorry. I don't recall the particular shows in either case.

On balance, I would say that the NBC presentation was a little more slanted against the Republican side of things than the Fox show was slanted toward the Republican side of things.

It's rare that I happen to see two shows on the same topic matter with the same actual facts that presents conclusions so dramatically different. Neither of the shows was a straight news show.

Why does ignoring sexual harassment allegations make Fox an "organ of the Republican Party"? Given the relative position of the Republicans and the Democrats, it seems like ignoring sexual harassment would be more akin to Democrat principles than Republican principles. Their current candidate seems to have done so pretty regularly.

<delete image for brevity>
Thanks for the reply & your observations, but to compare Fox' degree of partisanship to MSNBC's is akin to the pot calling the kettle black! MSNBC is about as Dem'ed-up as cable gets, and partisan as hell! Both are *highly* partisan organizations!

But my reply was to Celebrity's post, where he quoted Rupert Murdoch desiring to keep Roger Ailes on-staff until after the GOP convention is over.

And my speculation is: Rupert Murdoch would prefer to not interfere with Fox' promotion of the convention, rather than protect his staff and send a message by immediately removing Ailes.

Obviously, others' opinions may differ.

Thanks for the reply & your observations, but to compare Fox' degree of partisanship to MSNBC's is akin to the pot calling the kettle black! MSNBC is about as Dem'ed-up as cable gets, and partisan as hell! Both are *highly* partisan organizations!

But my reply was to Celebrity's post, where he quoted Rupert Murdoch desiring to keep Roger Ailes on-staff until after the GOP convention is over.

And my speculation is: Rupert Murdoch would prefer to not interfere with Fox' promotion of the convention, rather than protect his staff and send a message by immediately removing Ailes.

Well, HELL YA.

Not to mention they already have enough issues with the R's, he needs another one....stomping on the convention with focus on FOX.... like a hole in the head.

You are a smart guy.

I think that FOX News Channel does lean more to the right than any of the other cable channels. However, this description could just place them at neutral.

Is it Ailes main function to be a good citizen or to get ratings? I've heard many FOX personalities say that Ailes is a great benefactor to their careers. Both male and female.

Carlson's show got their highest ever ratings after she left it. Maybe Ailes was doing his job to get better ratings when he let her go. I don't know the whole story. Did Carlson ever report unfair treatment or file sexist charges before she was dismissed?

Ratings | TVNewser
Fox News Dominates May Cable News Ratings
Cable News Ratings | Mediaite

I think that FOX News Channel does lean more to the right than any of the other cable channels. However, this description could just place them at neutral.

Is it Ailes main function to be a good citizen or to get ratings? I've heard many FOX personalities say that Ailes is a great benefactor to their careers. Both male and female.

Carlson's show got their highest ever ratings after she left it. Maybe Ailes was doing his job to get better ratings when he let her go. I don't know the whole story. Did Carlson ever report unfair treatment or file sexist charges before she was dismissed?

Ratings | TVNewser
Fox News Dominates May Cable News Ratings
Cable News Ratings | Mediaite
Well, we all have our opinions on this incident, and it is indeed fair to say:

"I'll wait until the details come-out in court" (if indeed they ever do)

And I respect that.

But apparently several other women are coming forward with complaints, though I suppose the same can be said of those.

However, that I bolded in your quote is very much a matter of opinion and POV. Fox may not be Ted Cruz T-Party hard Right, but I do seem them as fairly Right leaning. But mostly, I see them as establishment Republican, for better or worse.

Well, we all have our opinions on this incident, and it is indeed fair to say:

"I'll wait until the details come-out in court" (if indeed they ever do)

And I respect that.

But apparently several other women are coming forward with complaints, though I suppose the same can be said of those.

However, that I bolded in your quote is very much a matter of opinion and POV. Fox may not be Ted Cruz T-Party hard Right, but I do seem them as fairly Right leaning. But mostly, I see them as establishment Republican, for better or worse.

Me, too.

Regarding the comment saying that could just make them neutral, saying that any station is to the left of FOX News could also just make them neutral.

I don't think that there ever was a time when the media was shooting straight. in the 60's and 70's the notion was that they did, but it is apparent that they were left of center at that time as well.

What highlights their lean now is that there is some contrast. Before the late 80's, there was none.

Turns out that it wasn't just Gretchen Carlson he was sexually harassing. Several women at FOX News have now come forward. One of them claims that Ailes asked her to show him her underwear. After an internal investigation. Ailes is getting the boot, and rightfully so.

I hope Ms. Carlson cleans this asshole's wallet completely out.

Article is here.

Ailes has quite the golden parachute.

Back
Top Bottom