• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

reply location

maquiscat

Maquis Admiral
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I know I saw something related before, but for the life of me I can't find it now.

Is placing the reply at the bottom of the page an option or a hard feature? While I will get what the poster said as a quote in my reply, I don't see what they quoted. And sometimes that helps to remember the context of what they are saying and affects how I respond. Before it was just scroll up a little to reference. Now I have to scroll up, maybe even up to the top of the page and then all the way down again.

There is a reply button in every post on the far right by the like button- clicking this will auto quote the poster.

There is also a reply button at the very top of the tread on the right..near the watch button.

Finally, there is a textbox at the bottom of every thread that can be used to reply.

Hope this helps. :)

I don't see what they quoted.
I didn't answer your question at all... sorry about that.

If you have javascript turned off, quoting will not work well.

Also, if you turn on Javascript there is an arrow popup at the bottom right that scrolls to the very top or very bottom of the page instantly.

I can assure you that we have no malicious scripts running. We do have Google Analytics (anonymous only). You are free to block it and the site works fine.

I can assure you that we have no malicious scripts running. We do have Google Analytics (anonymous only). You are free to block it and the site works fine.
I wasn't thinking about this at all. I just really liked how a reply box would appear directly under the post we're quoting (instead of at the bottom of the page) on the old system, and wondered if that was an option here or not.

I wasn't thinking about this at all. I just really liked how a reply box would appear directly under the post we're quoting (instead of at the bottom of the page) on the old system, and wondered if that was an option here or not.
Yeah that was nice, now after you post it goes back to the last post you've read.

Me too. I was confused when I read the post above the reply box and it was not the one I quoted. On other XF forums the reply box feature does work the way we like it.

Back
Top Bottom